Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Football World Championship Prediction League

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Can the 10 people that actually sign up and predict (wrongly) win all the prizes or do people need to get every prediction right to win anything?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Did somebody forget that this game has a PEGI7 rating. This poorly thought out gimmick is only suitable for those 18 and over.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    I'm really not sure about a tie in between TSO and a system that was originally designed to help gamblers improve their chances of beating the bookies. Especially considering the number of under 18 players there are.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Did somebody forget that this game has a PEGI7 rating. This poorly thought out gimmick is only suitable for those 18 and over.
    Interesting point, a PEGI7 rating game that promotes gambling hmmm.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    In the Netherlands it is forbidden BY LAW to online gamble on the World Cup.
    I have to pass on this event.

World
    Newfoundland
    This is not gambling as you do not actually bet anything.
    It is of course entirely your choice if you wish to take part in the Prediction League or not.
    Good luck to the ones who think this will be fun and choose to take part!

World
    Newfoundland
    UPDATE: The deadline for providing answers to bonus questions was extended until 21.00 BST.
    The date remains the same: Thursday, the 12th of June.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    This is not gambling as you do not actually bet anything.
    It is of course entirely your choice if you wish to take part in the Prediction League or not.
    Good luck to the ones who think this will be fun and choose to take part!
    While I do agree that in this case there is no money changing hands I believe this is a form of gambling as the player is hoping to gain a reward for placing a correct prediction.
    In addition a Google search of score prediction leads to dozens of different gambling sites. According to the PEGI classification criteria any game that contains elements that may teach or promote gambling must be classified at a minimum of PEGI12.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee1964 View Post
    While I do agree that in this case there is no money changing hands I believe this is a form of gambling as the player is hoping to gain a reward for placing a correct prediction.
    How can it be gambling if you have not put anything forward to lose?
    Better be careful with some of those arguments you have put forward SeaBee1964, you might get mistaken for an ingame Mod.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Gambling requires a wager. That argument is totally lost, seabee.

Not going to get into the quite different argument over whether it's "immoral" or PEGI7 suitable...

I'm more concerned about the integrity of the event. Seems to be a lot of auto-account creation going on, or do people really use account names like: 102618233 and 105178577. There are hundreds of account names like that and I fear these people are going to ruin your party and remove any sense of fun competition between the "real" players.

Guess have to wait and see what happens once the results start coming in...

BTW, I was initially nervous about signing up to kicktipp, or whatever they're called. But the have a decent looking privacy policy and I tested them out with a special email address I use for potential "spam" providers before using my real email address and it all looks OK to me.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread