Reply to Thread

Thread: Generals & their names

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Generals & their names

Hi

I really liked the idea of giving names to our generals. However, I still ended up with going through all the gens to see which one is the correct so I don't benefit as much from the names as I had hoped. I was wondering if it was possible to make the names visible as you hover over the general. Right now it just says 'Garrison' which, at least for me, isn't quite enough.
    I believe it would be great if there was something that indicates which general is which. It would also save an extra click one needs to make to select a general.
    Maybe even give visual upgrades for each type of general - Normal, Veteran, MMA etc?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I agree.

Would be nice to change the text "Garrison" to be "General Bob" both on the island view and on the send your troops to battle view.
    I would also like to see the colour of the tent sprite changed depending on what type of general it is. For example a red tent for Vet general, a yellow tent for MMA general, a blue tent for normal general - something like that. There are lvl 1-5 graphics for all other buildings so why not for the Garrison?

I only have 5 generals so it is not such a big issue for me but I know a guy with about 18 generals. It must be a real pain for him to have to hover over each general and wait for the tool tip to appear (18 times) just to find the one he is looking for.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I want them to allow us to assign hotkeys to generals. Obviously they would need to make sure when we're writing in chat or trade office that it wasn't triggered but it would make life easier, especially on tight blocks.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    On tight blocks I always make sure the star menu is activated so that I can activate the general options more quickly.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    shoudn't the generals get better if they always win, and never die?
    for ex if a gen wins 100 battles all the stats of the army he caries shoud get +1%... and so on... if he losses 1 battle stats get -1%... until they are normal
    i have a major.... he never died.... he shoud be realy bad as now

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigintiljon View Post
    Maybe even give visual upgrades for each type of general - Normal, Veteran, MMA etc?
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ebook-24.06.14

Maybe they are already thinking about that. No one has guessed what the new building is yet.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    or maybe find artifacts as loot from adventures that make generals stronger and the army.... adventures are easy .. i just follow guides, like a monkey.. no need to make any adjustments
    ... so if is easy to implemet that whoud be nice... if not, i'll be a monkey some more

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Generals' names

It's a wonderful feature that we get to name our generals. However, I think it would be useful, if we could see their names clearly when we send them to an adventure in the "send army" window, to help identify them a bit faster and reduce the need for double-checking in some occasions. Also, it would fit the whole "naming generals" concept.
    What do you think?

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 14.10.16 at 11:02.

Reply to Thread