Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannot complete "Championship scout" quest

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Cannot complete "Championship scout" quest

Hi

One of the event quests is "Find a Shoulder Pad via short treasure hunt". Problem is, my explorers already brough many shoulder pads from short treasure searches. I own 7 of them and I keep sending them on short searches. Every once in a while one of them brings shoulder pads. But questbook seems to miss that fact and the task is still not completed.

This (or very similiar) case was already mentioned in few places, but for some unknown reason i was considered no bug..

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...uest.?p=239791

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...hip-Scout-quot

Btw. what does "pre-staging bug" means?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The test site is also known as pre-staging, so a pre-staging bug would be one which was found when the event was tested.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Uhm...bump!

While I know what pre-staging bug means now (thx Dorotheus) the problem is still present.in my questbook. I already have over 300 Shoulder pads, about half of them from the short searches (found by regular explorers, experienced explorers and savage scout) and quest is still not completed. But judging from the forums, im the only1 with this problem. Maybe im doing something wrong. But what on earth could be done wrong here? Any ideas?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok, thx to some advices from my friends, i finaly completed the quest. But the bug is still there and I think I can explain the most likely mechanism.

Until yesterday, all of my explorers was upgraded with books. More or less, but all of them was improved, and the message was "Your skillful explorer has found..." etc. Yesterday I sent my fresh, new lucky explorer on a short hund and he brought 4 shoulder pads with him - the quest was completed.

Now, I dont know how exaclty programmers defined conditions to complete this quest.

- Maybe they specified the exact numbers of shoulder pads wthat was supposed to be found on short search (and my upgraded guys just brought 2 many of them from each seaarch)?

- Or maybe "short search" was defined trough its lenght, and my guys just completed them 2 fast to be recognized?

- Or maybe there was some text based condition, so the "skillful explorer" just didn't count.

I know that event is almost over, but i still think this shall be fixed.

Greetings

Reply to Thread