Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New building : the Harbour.

World
    Sandycove
    I suggested a shipbuilder/harbour many moons ago in a similar ilk to settlers 2 and 3. Im deffo +1 for the idea

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I think that you have the makings of a really good idea there matie2506...... love it

World
    Sandycove
    Given that the suggestion has been brought up before in many guises:
    Hellvern
    Kavoan
    MrJagger
    Lancellot
    Williamsinc
    Larili
    I think BB must be already aware of it. I would conclude that they either can't do it , don't want to do it ( not anough clicks or collectables in it for them ( I probably shouldn't suggest making the ships out of matchsticks then ) or are keeping the idea for a new version
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    ( I probably shouldn't suggest making the ships out of matchsticks then )
    Probably best if we went with barrels tbh

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Probably best if we went with barrels tbh
    , forgot about them! I thought of saving mine for a pontoon bridge over to Golem Island
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    oh i never noticed that there were more suggestions on it thought this idea was "unique"
    but would be nice if BB or Dev's were able to give their statements on the ideas so there doesnt come multi ideas can be confusing
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Don't lose heart matie, just because it has come up before, you could see it as more people being interested and who knows if an idea comes up again and again they may take notice of it as their settlers seem fascinated with it

But I do imagine that BB will make it their own and it will take time for them to consider it and plan and develop it and implement it, who knows maybe it will become part of PVP, which we know they have been working on for sometime, definitely be prepared for a wait though.

I would hold higher hopes because it is something that has featured in settlers before.

Mean while, lets see who else we can get to pop a note on this thread. x

Inra
    Last edited by Inra; 05.07.14 at 07:40.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    While I don't disagree in principle with the idea of a harbour, the bonuses that it should offer imo lie in the way of resources and/or troops. You could build different ships with varying amounts of tonnage - which would also imply in different materials to use for their construction - and these could only be usable with an explorer or a general depending on the type of search you want. The bonus, in this case, could be a hefty reduction in search time along with a correspondingly higher amount of treasure or troops. Type of explorer/general used and skill points in the explorer tree / general tree ifwe end up having it - would apply. These searches should carry a considerable cost as well - it is extremely unbalanced to charge for adventures, but not loot.

The harbor bonuses would, of course, be influenced by the harbor's level. So, say, a harbor at level 1 would reduce search time by 10%, give 15% more loot and reduce treasure search costs conducted with ships by 5%. At level 5, the percentages would be 50%, 75% and 20%. You could also limit the amount of searches being conducted at the same time by the harbor's level: a level 1 would only be able to carry one search and a level 5 would enable the player to conduct 5 searches simultaneously.

As far as troops go, you can use any ship you can produce and have a general/quartermaster as its captain - the loot he may bring back is in the form of settler refills, no bigger than the amount of troops he can carry himself, before the modifiers below. This, of course, needs a loot table with varying percentages of success. Meaning, you take a roll to see if you find any settlers at all, and if you are successful on that roll, you roll again to see how many you were able to recruit. The search time would increase along with the general you put in place, with the maximum search time pertaining to the quartermaster. As a suggestion, you can have a 200 capacity general take a 4h search and he'd come back with 200 settler refill maximum; the quartermaster would take 20 hours with a possible maximum of 1k settler refill. Like the search for trade, this could assume the form of a three part bonus: 10% reduction in troop search time, 15% increased chance of finding troops, and 5% increase in troops recruited.

Incidentally, this would fit nicely with the rumoured general skill tree - there could be skills devoted only to this form of recruitment, either to reduce search costs or further increase the percentages already in place with the harbor.

Also, this does not clash that much with the village school or settler production buffs because you have the trade-off of being unable to use said general/quartermaster while he is searching. This means you're as hindered in the ability to do adventures as you currently are with resources, i.e. bread, to make settler refills in the provision house, because the real bottleneck is the barracks. This could also mean an easier transition to FT adventures, as the player wouldn't be as hard pressed to have a great bread production chain going to get the necessary settler refills in order to do them.

Well, those were my two cents on the matter =).

World
    Newfoundland
    The idea of ships is indeed a good opening to expand the game, losing ships, i don't know. Maybe when they're not too expensive. The explorer can be washed a shore an be found back. with a recovering time. Maybe even a sea skilled explorer or adventurer. especially the expensive spices sound nice and exclusive to me.

And while i'm thinking along now, when looking for options to expand.
    Maybe an idea of a cave expert / speleologist who can search for cracks in mountains. install a cave exploration base and able to find tradable minerals and even , maybe gems or 1/4, 1/2 pieces of gems. option of buying a faster cave expert.

But the idea of a shipyard has still my best appriciation.

World
    Newfoundland
    To me it looks like you want another Anno Online game, I could be wrong, but it looks like it

Reply to Thread