Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The Settlers Football World Championship

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Korkin View Post
    The rewards are fine, but the event itself stinks - after a hard day at work, I don't enjoy searching for invisible collectables, calculating buff requirements, making buffs, then playing a silly adventure just to get a few footballs - whatever happened to the KISS approach?

The event also came too soon after the Easter event, special items like eggs and footballs distort trading in the trade office. For example, the price of coal and pinewood has trebled since the Easter event. Eggs and footballs should be non-tradeable in the trade office, but trade between players (especially within guilds) should be allowed.
    How bad of BB to arrange Easter and the world cup in such close proximity to each other

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungerone View Post
    As for upgrading farms to level 6, did you guys even give any thought into the effect that has on silo's?...Guess not.
    errr.... before posting did you give any thought to a) the fact that its optional, no one is forcing you to upgrade and b) the effect this has on the relationship between farms and improved silos?...Guess not.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    since this dev diary was publised 8-9 days after this event started, I assume we can expect Dev diary for next event after the next event ends . Correct me, if I am wrong :P
    to be fair, it was posted the day after the dev had been finished, although I'd happily wait til after the event for the diary if it means the dev is completed by the start of the event
    Last edited by ZE_MAD_PROFESSOR; 21.06.14 at 10:12. Reason: missed the quote out

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Does this mean there's nothing in the dev diary? Have they all gone to Brazil? Why post something thats over a week old? Isn't the idea of a dev diary to give us an idea of possible future updates? If thats the case it doesn't look good!
    Oh and this even is the worse so far by a country mile, please tell the dev's to try harder, and stop pressing those boring collectables on us!
    Thanks

Oh and I don't need any silly comments from someone thats posted 3 times before in this forum

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its all so easy to rant on about how poorly the event was tested and how that its too hard to get the footballs/collectibles needed....we all know this.....EVEN BB knows this.

There is a solution...do it as a Guild...help each other with footballs/collectibles not everyone will get everything they want but at least everyone in your Guilds will get something...ie:- everyone gets at least 1 lucky explorer.

As for the upgrades of farms/masons ect ect well this event makes it not worth the cost at 249 footballs per 300 grout....maybe at xmas or next easter at those crazy costs

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ZE_MAD_PROFESSOR View Post
    How bad of BB to arrange Easter and the world cup in such close proximity to each other
    Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the world cup at all. Arrangement issue solved.

Incidentally, instead of trolling other posters here, how about providing your own feedback on the event?
    Last edited by Korkin; 21.06.14 at 13:25.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry BB, but so far I feel this is an ill-thought out, and ill-executed event. And that's before all the quirks, bugs, glitches and stuff associated with it.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by onlytrying View Post
    Its all so easy to rant on about how poorly the event was tested and how that its too hard to get the footballs/collectibles needed....we all know this.....EVEN BB knows this.
    who's ranting? I merely posted my feedback, please don't say I'm ranting..

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi nice developer diary after week after event launch...
    1.who needs them as we already know what are we getting its there in shop offers..

2.huh settlers was supposed to be city building game with strategy now becoming clicking fest ...see herb sector1 ...corner sector6 ..shoe in sector 9....mighty king treated as scavenger or lol .. still missing few can any help

3.developer feedback to event---do they read them.... should we give hmm actually nothing special
    a.master architect boxes 190fb ...all i got is chopping blockx7, pavilionx3 out of 10 wow that looks amazing..should i get refund why don't i feel like i been cheated....(spending 40-45gc each football... 80k worth for hmm i`m disgraced to build them on my island )
    b.championship trophy...is developers aware its world-cup championship event we doing and not 2012 UEFA event...who needs that cup from 2012........ past is past try make a world cup trophy if cant make fire some developers ... don't try to put same brew in new glass

BTW- i got my explorers n licenses... urge developers read suggestions posted in forum fix those barrack Que thing and add Que for bookbinder & make our life easy (who needs to know what next book gonna cost ,OK after knowing what are we supposed to do..players got plenty resources to make many..stop doing thing which don't change dynamics before doing think does it gonna improve player interface)....

Thank you

cheers

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Having just looked at how many buffs you need to finish this event it might of been an idea for collectibles to drop significantly more than 1-2 items most of the time.

Reply to Thread