Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In memory of plackards or even a tomb

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

In memory of plackards or even a tomb

We recently had a player in our guild who has passed and was wondering if BB could make a memorial where we could add the name of the person who it would pertain to. Could be a purchasable item at merchant shop as we feel it would be nice for the whole of the Settlers community. Please any input on this would be a great help. Thank you

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Would love such an option!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice idea, as long as it doesn't get abused think this would be a great way to remember absent friends.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think it would be a great idea, especially as so many of us have made friendships with peeps in this game and chat with them daily throughout the year. I am aware that this could be open to abuse so possibly it could be set up within the guild to which the departed was a member. I feel confident that if the workings were controlled by a guild leader that they would be administered properly.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    This would be a decorative item, in which you could alter the text, and then placed on your island?

I know nearly nothing of the technicalities, but it should be feasible. I do wonder about abuse, and who would monitor what text was allowed (for PEGI 7 purposes, etc).

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    We had the same thing and asked BB could we have his avatar changed so we could remember his, sadly this was not practical..so im UP for this so much
    GR8 idear

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Even a cemetery controlled by BB would suffice, a place where you could place flowers that last a few days or a week like a buff. Though I do think some of us would like something a bit more personal on our island's. Not sure how it could be abused really, especially if it was a purchasable item for gems. You purchase it you choose name and then build on your island. Of course when choosing the name it would have to have a filter so that one without sense can not put anything naughty, rude or racist. Just a small thing I think BB could do for all of their settler's. A lot of us spend a lot of our time here and with each other and we do get to know one another quite well. A memorial for us to remember the fallen I think is a very nice way for us and BB to remember those who loved this game and were loyal players.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    yes BB must GIVE a TOMB for our fallen brothers...or something to remember them by...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Til then you can pick and buff a building on his island..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    It is not the same thing to buff a dead island. Besides I think we owe our friends something a bit better.

Reply to Thread