Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how to spot a scam trade ?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The 11111 trade use to be funny, still just a trick. It was worse when there was no comma so 1111 could appear 11111 etc. Live and learn, I can look at TO all day and see trades like you are mentioning.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    A scam is when someone advertises something like a Master Architect box for something and doesn't deliver ( or any other gifted item) or advertises a rtf loot spot and it hasn't even been started. Unfortunately you just got a bad trade in favour of the seller, these are common especially on days when free stuff is given out or things like the calender deliver nice stuff. Next big one will be rabbit lucky charms in a few days.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I saw someone boasting in the trade chat yesterday.

The person puts a fish in the TO at ls price (1500gc)
    Posts on trade
    []WTSwap RB LS
    someone rushed and buys what they think is the ls and messages the seller that they bought the ls.
    Poster gloats on trade by posting the message of the buyer and saying -
    []I didn't advertise any LS sale, you just bought an expensive fish.

I wasn't involved, but it left a bad taste in my mouth that someone would be so manipulative.
    Last edited by JJahorn; 27.06.14 at 13:19.

World
    Newfoundland
    that sounds like a scam to me

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The OP's case isn't about scamming, but about opportunism. Whether you think it is fair or not, it is not "wrong" either.

That was probably the day that the calendar door dropped 500 beans. A player in the lv 20-35 range has no use for the beans. What they may well have is a shortage of coal, having built more and more coal consuming production as they get unlocked by leveling up. It can be argued that a player like this is happy to make that trade, although if properly informed he could have made a lot more coal selling his beans at a better price. But what the example illustrates is that the buyer knows what he's getting and willingly accepts the trade. You can't call that scamming even though most of our sympathies are for the nooby buyer just making a grand loss on his investment.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JJahorn View Post
    I saw someone boasting in the trade chat yesterday.

The person puts a fish in the TO at ls price (1500gc)
    Posts on trade
    []WTSwap RB LS
    someone rushed and buys what they think is the ls and messages the seller that they bought the ls.
    Poster gloats on trade by posting the message of the buyer and saying -
    []I didn't advertise any LS sale, you just bought an expensive fish.

I wasn't involved, but it left a bad taste in my mouth that someone would be so manipulative.
    I hope someone has some screen prints of this and reports it, Not the sort of player the community needs around.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    i for one know if i put up a trade for a ls (let say) and someone accidently miss clicks it when they message me telling me what they done i would just refund the money and re-put the ls trade up....i would not say tough pal u lost your money and have to do the lootspot.
    just proves the trader who i spoke to was a complete immoral noob whos happy to rob people blind nothing will change its just sad theres them kinda players on here.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Getting back to the initial question. The trade is not considered a scam. I advise every player to double-check what he/she is buying from TO before accepting the trade.

That being said, in general I would also advise you to look in trade tab first before buying a ls, since you need to know under which conditions you are buying it. Whether it is a RTF, a fast general or in the top case WT Swap LS.

If you feel that you have indeed been scammed, please remember taking screenshots as evidence of what happened. For more info, please look at this thread.

Cheers
    BB_Namib

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    no-one shouId buy fish for Is price in T0 unIess has been advertised in trade channeI etc ur just asking for troubIe, best thing to do is use your head and work it out if its a good deaI or not before ur finger gets twichy

World
    Newfoundland
    i think its just to see how far a player would go , so setting up that coal / beans trade was just to see if they could pull it off.. as the seller i think does know it would be hardly impossible.. but then again the seller also knew we got them in the event calender ( also low level players that do not know the sheet and or pricing of the matter)
    so the seller just took a chance

these things happen allot during events or when we get goodies.. you can spot it even.

some time ago we all got lucky rabbit charm buffs , well the high level players where trying to get them for rediculous amounts of resources ( what is apealing for low levels) and then the same high level players sell them again for a lot of coins..

that is a bit how trde works not really fair but if its getting sold its a trade ..
    The Hell Unleashed , best guild ever!! see you there! [THU]

Reply to Thread