Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: be careful when appliing football buff!!!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

be careful when appliing football buff!!!

just a quick warning to people applying buffs in football matches be very careful when you apply the buffs as i have found out to my cost.
    i have done all the matches upto the semi-final today and have found although i made the correct amount of buffs to complete all the matches you have to be careful when applying them for example,
    semi final midfield to take out the midfield players you need several buff including sliding tackle/tackle and tackle/foul.....no if u apply tackle like i did to remove tackle/foul you will fail as it uses the tackle on the sliding tackle/tackle 1st!! nothing i have read/seen tells players the order in which the buff are applied so now i come to look at what buff i have left for the final i9 find myself with missing buff some places and extra ones in other which mean unless i can find/acquire the missing mats this buff application will cause me to be unable to finish the final match.
    i only notice this when i rechecked the buff i had against the buff needed for the semi-final/final matches so somewhere in the previous matches i was applying buff thinking i was removing a skill when in fact the game was removing a different skill.
    so just be careful when applying buff.
    i dont know why bb would mix sliding tackle/tackle with tackle/foul on the same player surely they must of thought about confusion ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There is no confusion here, only your failure to understand the instructions. Sliding tackle/tackle is quiet clearly shown before tackle/foul, so why would you assume that you could apply the second buff first.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    hmm...never read/seen any instructions saying you have to do the buffs in order.....thats my point.
    if there are instructions about the order in which you have to apply pls put link so i can read them

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Haven't experienced this particular problem (yet) but I do agree... none of the guidance information I've seen says you should apply any of the buffs in a particular order. Would be a useful addition to any guide imo!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks for the info

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    hmm...never read/seen any instructions saying you have to do the buffs in order.....thats my point.
    if there are instructions about the order in which you have to apply pls put link so i can read them
    In any game there are hidden assumptions about what you already know, they will assume if they tell you to do A B C you will do A B C in that order. The fact you chose not only to do the order backwards but also failed to note the results of each action so that you would stop at a sooner point is your failure not theirs.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    So I've got a load of "pass" and need a "sliding tackle/pass"... I need to apply a "sliding tackle", if so how many and then use up my "pass"... I hated this event before it started and then just got worse O_o

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Gothtec, best to just ignore this thread if you're confused as you seem to have misunderstood what it is saying.

ATHTHEMANIAC, that this would happen was explained by the side quests during the 2nd round match. Not very well, admittedly, but it did talk about needing to use certain buffs in certain order to avoid surprising results.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i have used buffs that have asked for 7 of 1 type to find only one registered during the adventure.

this is costly to trade for items needed so can complete the match.

making more buffs sounds easy however when i have 1244 items of 1 type of collectable and 3 of another type. It is pointless to try to make more

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to see this explanation again... So when it says Sliding tackle/pass and I make up a load of "pass" and they refuse to reg, does that mean the "pass" buff is pointless?

Reply to Thread