Reply to Thread

Thread: [timer bug] in conjunction with dozing zone/maintenance

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

[timer bug] in conjunction with dozing zone/maintenance

Timers get messed up when zone is put to sleep on the server or during the maintenance.
    This is old I've wrote posts, people noticed it the most when it was resetting the pumpkin fields.

Whenever the "magic" script gets the island state and make up for the passage of time there is a chance (true - diminished with how it used to be) that it will mess up. It is big time for me. I made peace with it stealing on coins, beanstalks, or even pumpkins... sad but true. So I will not write about productivity or efficiency.

Thing is, with the wheatfields becomes a huge mess. By now I am at 75 farm and silo pairs, equal walking time. The script picks from one field and moves to another when the zones awakes AND kills many - to lots - to all timer alignment on farms and silos.

I am well aware that the programming resources have dwindled to nothing, and it only comes in a bit in once in a blue moon (when things of severity plague, especially profit or exploits). Also, most of you don't care or rather see something else handled.

BUT: this is the type of problem that can be solved easily, and the reason why I still post - small effort, good gain The script messes with the averaging, the numbers (from economy overview) are forced back on production cycles + change wrong and on wrong buildings.

NB: Some knowledge in integer arithmetic required.

Alternatively, I would settle for the 'reset all timers button'.
    Attached Images

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    deposits have troubles too;

on a whim, checked marble depletion in conjunction with dozing zone...
    made sure the zone is dozing, login at 36hours
    s3 one l3 cutter ate 2 deposits, s8 two cutters l4/l6 ate 5 deposits s4 one l3 cutter did not scrape the second marble deposit

stone is about the same

* the marginal cost on doing math on why this is not possible is zero; not doing it

bottom line:
    putting zones to sleep and waking is flawed in more then one way

who cares (?)
    for sure those that loose the daily bonus when the script fails to check/monitor activity

severity:
    low

fixing:
    (I claim) it is easy

overall impression about skill and professionalism
    (?)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You need to provide more information, such as the quantity of marble in each deposit prior to your island going inactive. Otherwise there is no way of telling which way they are behaving.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread