Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After the event, Where to go from here?

World
    Sandycove

After the event, Where to go from here?

I am one of the most avid fans of the Settler series, and indeed, this game has taken up a lot of my last 2 years..

But where do we go from here? BB you have given us as much as you think you can to keep us occupied, but Im afraid Im on my last knockings now, unless you can come up with things for us Level 50s to do between events.

I (and many, many more) have previously asked for more Crisis Quests etc between events to keep our interest, but looks like that idea was a flash in the pan.You have stopped posting real Dev Diaries, and seem to have resorted to posts on Facebook showing us improved graphics for garrisons instead. Don't get me wrong, this was one of the things we asked for, but we have more important things on our minds rather than this.

BB you seem to be addressing the least important stuff first.. I cannot understand this. You have a huge following of players who have asked for lots of more urgent things, yet you go with this first?

You promised so much but have delivered so little for us veteran players...
    We have a HUGE list of wants on this forum, some going back to early 2012, yet not a single official response on them from you. All you do is post potential new stuff on the Facebook page - Have you forgotten most of your older players use the forums?

Please read and take note of what your players are asking for. I hope you realise, at the moment we truly think you do not give a fig about us and just want to move on to the next project. Prove us wrong and announce some great new things and keep us interested!
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 03.07.14 at 19:18. Reason: spelling

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    You nailed it, Jolly!!!!

World
    Sandycove
    We all know games have a shelf life, I guess TSO has reached its from BB's point of view. I gather from reading the forum that the game platform has its limitations, and I think trying to add more content is adding to the strain on coding and servers which were probably originally intended to extract the most monetary gain for the company within the 50 levels.
    What always seem to be overlooked by game companies is that some games create a loyal player base who simply do not want to move on. Where they have invested both time and money, worse when an investment for longevity has been made ( gem pits), and that investment has not reached fruition within the structured levels, there will always be calls to `extend' the game play from these players. What I fear happens, is the companies `investment' is moved else where, and what is presented as new content, often lacks game continuity, quality or true to the original game playability and interest to the faithful player base.
    Players, new or old soon realise when a game is no longer being invested in, and will stop throwing money at it, which in turn means less incentive for the company to develop it further. There inevitably comes a point when the company has to bite the bullet and stop supporting a game ` past its shelf life'. Getting the balance right between alienating the `stubborn' faithful players who have not been enticed to leave for other company products ( Or to other companies and their products ) during the game wind down period, while developing the successful game concept into a future version which entices new players and old to willingly invest in anew, is something that only a few companies can achieve with some degree of success.
    I'm hoping, its not so much `where do we go from here?' Jolly, but how's the development of TSO II coming along BB ? and when can we expect the beta version to hit the servers? A nice `sandbox' version, three island home zone ( home, respawning badies resource island and pvp invasion resource island )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Well given the money people have invested in this game, and given what you have said above, I would not think it fair for a V2 of TSO to come out so soon. This one is only 2.5 years old... I have likely spent much more money on here than I would have done on various PC games during that time.

However, yes I suppose I would like to see a new TSO game with less bugs than this one. But I personally, I would never, ever invest in any future game as I have done here as I feel I have had my fingers burned. Lesson learned for me with online games I fear..

World
    Sandycove
    Well given the money people have invested in this game, and given what you have said above, I would not think it fair for a V2 of TSO to come out so soon. This one is only 2.5 years old... I have likely spent much more money on here than I would have done on various PC games during that time.

However, yes I suppose I would like to see a new TSO game with less bugs than this one. But I personally, I would never, ever invest in any future game as I have done here as I feel I have had my fingers burned. Lesson learned for me with online games I fear..
    I very much sympathise, I too have invested real money in the game, but far less than I see some players have ( sometime scary amounts ) and this is probably why some development is continuing from BB.
    But as your first post suggests what is being developed appears to be alienating more players than encouraging further investment, if a player such as yourself is `on `your last knocking', what hope is there for the `average' player?
    Since I saw the hesitation ( some would call it ignoring ) the calls from the player base to produce further levels past 50, and then saw how BB then produced the FT content to address it. Limited, Linear and just higher `cost' adventures didn't do it for me, the Epic woodyard became a real low for me at the same time when the `Test' community was treated so badly. The latest click fests and ever increasing bug lists just won't make me throw good money after bad ( which is a little unfair as I've had good value for the money I have spent) But BB will have to implement many of the ideas on the suggestion forum before I will be tempted to buy anymore gems, and sadly I don't think they can with the current format limitations, or the imagination of the development team.
    I've drastically cut down on my levelling up to avoid the inevitable, I love the community and characters we have amongst us, both in game and forum ( Sadly we have already lost a few good souls ) But even as a current `free' player' I can not see me staying once I hit `50'.......well I still might pop back for Halloween as I have a secret pumpkin addiction
    Note to dev team for TSO II......must have pumpkins
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I took a long sabatical from the game and am slowly easing back into things. Maybe the same would be good for you.

I have continued to follow progress by lurking the forums and using social media and there is enough new content to interest me again.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    It does seem that the development team for this game is far too small for any real content and takes a very long time to implement. Every piece of content can be evaluated by how long it takes for the average player to complete, and fairy tales would seem to be around 2 months worth, yet this was added over a year ago. What do level 50 players have to keep themselves busy?
    Most players that take a sabbatical from the game never return, as their reasons for leaving haven't been addressed.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Priority 1: fix end game balance - nobody makes cannons or damascene swords or crossbows. This is clearly a flaw in the game balance and should have been addressed before coming out of beta.

If something basic and fundamental like that can't be done, the whole game is doomed. Everything else is just window dressing.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    One only needs to look back through the forum history to see that this and similar posts go back years, nothing changes. BB either has a pitiful amount of development resources assigned to this game or does not care to continue this game further. BB knows what the players want, it's the stuff we asked for years ago and they promised to deliver. Then they wonder why we fail to get excited by new graphics for the garrisons?

I have been in two guilds in this game, the first folded more than a year and a half ago due to the guild leader quitting the game for the lack of 'end game' content. Can I say that he made the wrong decision to destroy his island and give away all of his gem bought buildings? No, nothing has changed. A second guild was formed from the pieces and there's not many of those original level 50s left now either. If BB created some new content for the higher levels they could make alot more money.
    Last edited by Baggis; 08.07.14 at 22:48.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I havent heard anything about a TSO v2. I really hope there is one, and it works on portable devices like Android/iOS tablets. I've had a feeling myself for the last few weeks that this game is nearing its end of shelf life too. I've only been around for about a year, but this last event was a fairly good indicator to me that they are just not putting in the effort or the time.

I am a little upset as I seem to have missed the boat for this great game. If things continue the way they have been, with these half spent effort on the game from BB I dare say it will all be over before I get to do all the things I want to do in the game. I'm lv49 and am just starting to get cool stuff like silos, watermills, and upgrading everything I desire.

Here's hoping for a TSO v2, if this is more than wishful thinking, and anyone has a link to any info, I would be eternally grateful. Please PM it to me as I am not sure if BB allow such things in forums.

Reply to Thread