Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Event

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    A few problems but overall a gr8 event , thnkyou

World
    Newfoundland
    UPDATE: Summer Event Deactivation FAQ has been posted here.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusek View Post
    This event is boring and frustrating:
    1. You can lock your adventure slot by launching a match without having the buffs/collectibles for many days. You then cannot do other adventures.
    2. You want to produce the buffs but have 2 or more days queue in provision...
    3. You have to look for those tiny collectibles twice or more per day.
    forward planning is always best for most things in the game..same here

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by urgabel View Post

I think you have done some nice things to improve our gameplay. If some players are still unhappy I think it's due to poor knowledge about the buffs needed to beat every event adventure. Maybe with a bit more time in the test server we (the players) could gather more information to make guides, but any info you (the designers) provide us will help a lot.

No amount of planning can make up for the fact that 3 of the resources needed to make certain buffs only appeared at ridiculously low amounts, making it impossible for many people to even get close to finishing the event maps.
    The supposed loot drops from adventures rarely happened, and far too much of this depends on dumb luck.
    Far too unbalanced to rely upon "if explorers strike lucky", "if adventures drop any event loot" (hardly any I did dropped any, and certainly not useful items), "if the collectables appeared on island" (again, from personal experience, last week's maintenance saw these revert back to almost all 'normal' collectables, 1/35 is again unbalanced).
    Too many random variables involved to make this workable, and far too often zero finds.
    Even the 'advent calendar' seems bizarre, with 'luck' you may get 50 footballs, 200 advanced paper etc..., but there again it might be 10 footballs and 100 cheap paper. Surely here the rewards should have been of similar value?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    the event has likely alienated most lower level players due to the amount of collectibles required etc. Maybe this was BB's plan all along - ensure the noobs dont want to carry on any more so BB can move on to a new project?

Ofc I'm only speculating, but have to say that the mechanic was not well thought out, regardless of what the dev_blog says.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB did balance things and gave us info, BUT...to summarize: TOO LATE.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    dont want to carry on any more so BB can move on to a new project?
    I've been saying this for weeks to my partner. The number of bugs, the lack of communication, and poor implementation and design of this event screams this to me. It feels like a rag tag few devs have been left to fumble their way through maintaining this game with a view of ending the game shortly. Everything seems like an after thought and just patched on.

I started a year ago and I absolutely love the game and the events. This last one though was a shocker. I do wish this game was available on portable platforms, like tablets, and I bet BB must think so too. So whilst I have a feeling its the end of this game, I am sincerely hoping a v2 comes out with some proper investment in time and expertise from BB's end.

So yea, my feedback is, to some of us this game seems like its coming to an end and hence why its so badly produced now.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Will grout be available after event?
    Born crying. Live complaining. Die disappointed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by naikou View Post
    I understand they are going to keep grout as event reward. It will return in future events

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by naikou View Post
    Grout is available in the merchant on test for gems, resource tab: 195gems for 200 grout. As well as being available in future events such as Halloween, Xmas Easter etc

Reply to Thread