Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it really all military?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Is it really all military?

I've been playing a little while, and it seems the only way to capture new sectors is by use of the military. I've just done my first adventure and it's been by use of the military.
    I previously played Settlers 7 - Paths to a Kingdom and you could gain new sectors and complete good quests by other means. This was one of the main things I liked about it.
    Surely there are a lot of "go out and conquer the world with your army" games. Frankly having to go to battle all the time is not my thing, and I am extremely disappointed because I think it's a beautifully well-designed and thought out game.
    Or am I completely wrong?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Get your coat now... if you don't like military

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Apart from the adventures in a couple of the events it's all military, however we do have a fair proportion of players who prefer the trade side of the game. With a very small army it's possible to buy loot-spots in other players adventures to acquire the loot from those, you would have to ask other players how successful a game approach that is as I have no personal knowledge of playing the game that way, but it is a way which requires minimal military involvement.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you want end-game then you must do plenty of military adventures to gain required exp. But you can also stop at 40+ something, at the point where you can build all the buildings that matter, and just trade, buy lootspots, chat, whatever.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    You're not convincing me guys. Basically the options are to play half the game.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not trying to convince you. If I was you who just started this game no money invested yet (buying gems etc) I wish someone would tell me what I am about to tell you and that is walk away, this game has had its best days its now not that good.

Even more so not that good if you don't like military to level up and claim island space you need to build troops and fight.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    This doesnt sound like the right game for you. If you want the full experience of the game, military plays a pivotal role, without it you will be playing just a fraction of the game. I could go into more details,but it's pointless. Best to just move on and find another game.

Reply to Thread