Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Granite Pit, new Special Goldmine, Quest Experience Points to Starcoins

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I echo the sentiments around here. Anyone with a decently operational brain won't go for the granite pit. The gold mine, even if it's lvl 6, would realistically only give you about an extra 15 ore/h. (12 minutes and change cycle with a 3x buff). 90 extra gold ore for the entire duration of the buff if you use a badge. The "excess" won't even be able to pay for the buff itself really... the benefit would be so minuscule that the vast majority wouldn't even think about it. As far as granite goes... just play the TO wisely and you'll never really have to do adventures to get whatever granite you need, even more so during special events. I made about 40k granite from this last event alone, and I'm far from being the best trader out there.

That being said I'll reiterate one point that has been mentioned time and again but to which the devs remain completely silent as usual: why can't we just build any amount of troops we want? Why foist gem-sinks on us that no one - with a brain - would spend even a measly one, while you can enhance the gameplay and incite the player to get a premium since it'd become dastadly easy to make troops? And why oh why, don't you devs come out and say why haven't you implemented it yet with a half-decent answer?

World
    Newfoundland
    What I wonder however is why there is a 7d cooldown on the Granit pit, it cost 1975 gems, and isn't tradable or giftable (on test), as for the goldmine thingymabob, it isn't on test so no idea about that one.

But I do love that exp is turned into starcoins

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDooD View Post
    Anyone with a decently operational brain won't go for the granite pit.
    I'm going to get one and leave it turned off forever... Sanity is overrated.
    Last edited by Splotch; 16.07.14 at 17:55.

World
    Newfoundland
    Lol, with ya there, Splotch... Although I'm only slightly insane

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Dont know but for some reason I'm feeling like cheated.....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Special gold mine part of the limited offers. So only available for a short period of time and no doubt you can only buy so many of them. Finding it very hard to see how BB expects to see a profitable return on the development costs. I'm also finding it hard to understand the timing of the announcement, it means BB have also lost the chance to sell more grout, which ultimately would have meant more gem sales to finance the grout purchases. The fact that some players would have included this building in their calculations of how much grout they need will no doubt be a factor to them against buying the gold mine.

As a player I can't see any reason not to get it so far as running costs go. At a level 6 upgrade it just means it needs 20% more topping up than the player built mine.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I believe the cheapest source of granite is the cheapest Tavern Explorer on long and very long res searches.
    Nope. On Medium Search with 3 Manuscripts in Granite Finding and 3 Manuscripts in faster treasure searches.

He will return an average of roughly 50 Granite per day - if you send him twice. Which is significantly more than you will average from (Very) Long Searches.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Nope. On Medium Search with 3 Manuscripts in Granite Finding and 3 Manuscripts in faster treasure searches.

He will return an average of roughly 50 Granite per day - if you send him twice. Which is significantly more than you will average from (Very) Long Searches.
    I had forgotten that granite could be found on medium, as for throwing books on that tavern explorer have you forgotten that to do that costs resources invested in making the books. Putting books on him increases the cost by an infinite amount.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I had forgotten that granite could be found on medium, as for throwing books on that tavern explorer have you forgotten that to do that costs resources invested in making the books. Putting books on him increases the cost by an infinite amount.
    If you count the scripts, you also gotta count the cost of the explorer himself, which is 500 coins for tavern or 995 gems for shop.

The scripts themselves cost (me) about 400 coins, including the resources so that's not "an infinite amount" but less than 100%.

In fact, increasing the odds for granite to 24% means that you will get an average of 50 granite per day rather than the average 7-8 you'd get from a Long search, so at a granite price of 2 coins (we're already FAR beyond that on Northisle) it would take about 5 days to recoup the additional investment.
    That said, having 15 explorers finding an average of 50 granite per day really adds up over the months ... even if it means losing 75 manuscripts.

World
    Newfoundland
    They have not stated ANY productivity buff just The output can be increased by using productivity buffs for you know they could introduce a new buff or it could be limited to only x2 buffs not x3 or x4 or that only you can buff it.

Yes I could be wrong, but the vagueness of detail regarding this build suggests they want to keep certain options open. Hence why it is not on the test serve.

and they have not said if it will be effected by the geo increase. My gold mines run at at the fast times, as do my endless copper mines BUT i have been told that certain players who have knocked down an endless copper mine and found a new faster deposit THEN replaced the ECM have found that they have not been granted the faster time.

Will this happen with the gold mines ?
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 20.07.14 at 02:43.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Reply to Thread