Reply to Thread

Thread: More time to spend football resources after the event finishes.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

More time to spend football resources after the event finishes.

During this enjoyable football event, a lot of investment of time and effort was required to earn footballs. However, if you were not quick enough to spend them after the event finished you were left with a load of balls and nothing else to show for your trouble. During previous events, you were given a week to spend your hard earned event resource - why not this one?

Some Smart (but unhelpful) Alec pointed out that if I kept my eye on the forums, I would have known this beforehand. However, I don't play this game to read forums - let alone write in them - I play it for enjoyment.

Don't know what anyone else thinks, how many others have been caught out? BTW, everyone can make a mistake, even clever and thoughtful people - constructive, thoughtful and un-troll like comments welcome.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    What I actually told you was that the information about the end of the event had been on the FRONT PAGE since 9 July, in a news item which linked to the forums.

I also told you that the only place it was conceivably worth complaining was the forums, which you've done, so I guess I was helpful...

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Xx

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    What you "actually" said:

"another reason to keep an eye on the FORUMS, Important info like that is posted there, and usually linked to directly from the front page (on 9 July in this case)"

But to be fair, you did say they are usually linked on the front page.

Yes the forum idea was a good one, but you clearly didn't read the last sentence of my post. I would thank you to leave me alone to get something off my chest, not add to my misery by being clever (as intimated). You clever and smart person.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Indeed, everyone can make a mistake.. So did BB when they launched the event.
    Also, this do not really answer why, but is what have been told..
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I see a lot of questions regarding the deactivation of the shop at the same time as the event.

Please also take into account that while the shop does not remain open after deactivation, this event was longer than previous ones so the shop items were available for a similar amount of time.
    I guess it's all pretty much because of a schedule made somewhere in the top BB..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you SmurfAsh.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    "The paper work has been clearly posted in the basement closet of City Hall since last Thursday."

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    "The paper work has been clearly posted in the basement closet of City Hall since last Thursday."
    You forgot about the warning sign "Beware of the leopard"
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    17.07.2014: When I log in, I get a notification about a certain "Special Event" where I could allegedly obtain something called "footballs" and "lv 6 building upgrades"

Now, could anyone from Bluebyte direct me what this special event being advertised upon login is and where I can get those lv6 building upgrades?

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I think the point is the length of the event is immaterial - its the timings set within it and ensuring it all fits that is important. I believe the final match was too close to the end. The days given to complete it actually overlapped the event. So the shop should have been open to be in line with the time given to finish the match.

Gaming and reading are too different pastimes for most and actually now I have said that out loud I do understand it. (I would not keep reading the TV Instruction Manual even if it kept changing , i would rather change the TV, nothing interrupts the programmes I want to watch ) Though i love reading the forum and finding the news. But then that is me.

Reply to Thread