Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol or in this case 2 storehouses dont make a right ;P

World
    Newfoundland
    There are many of us who pay a significant amount of $$ to play this game and we endeavour to overlook the continuation of bugs particularly during events.

Although I personally don 't have sympathy for those who have exploited the bug in this instance, it doesn't matter... BB's decision to set an absolute and arbitrary level of contravention is illogical. It would either be all or nothing, so just back off and make it nothing. Making people give these ISHs back is just as silly as exploiting the bug in the first place.

One more thing, since the game is no longer in beta as a paying player I know that I would personally appreciate more effective effort on BB's part to actually roll out events without a major bug, because up to this point after a full 2 years I have yet to see an event that doesn't contain something major such as this.

Do the right thing BB, please learn from your mistakes and work harder to ensure that events are rolled out without these potentially divisive mistakes that serve to tear the fabric of our player community apart and potentially cause players to leave the game.

And as for those of you who are bug exploiters.... how about reporting the bug immediately upon discovery and helping BB make our game an ever improving place to play.
    Sometimes being Rong just feels right....

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hi

I wanna start off by thanking everyone that posted in this thread, I enjoyed my coffee at work reading all this was so worth reading.

My opinion is yes, a exploit took place, but why is BB reacting so harshly now?

I remember the gold mine exploit, the impact of that exploit still effect the game till now, people was able to refill gold mines at a fraction of the real cost for weeks on end, I once saw a person with 6 gold mines having 1.2mil gold ore in EACH... yet he didnt get banned?

All this shows to me is that BB is just losing control and not testing there software, its sad because I myself pay for this game and I can just see my hard spend money go down the drain as BB just does not care if there software works or not, as long as its launched in time for there 200% gem sales they are happy campers.

I am glad BB is taking some action against people exploiting and abusing bugs, but I am a sound believer in "human nature" you can't stop people from exploiting if you don't test your software... however, you could test your software better? I mean of EVERYTHING that was tested, no one bothered to look if you could open the same window TWICE ? To me that's like buying a new car and not checking if it has wheels on...

I personally would just sweep this under the rug, BB this is embarrassing to say the least, I would find a rock and crawl under it if I was a BB staff and if I was a developer or a tester.. I would look at my life again and try to figure out where I went wrong.

I do hope justice takes place, both on the player side and on BB side.

The only point I agree on is someone said "that's why I don't buy gems anymore", I feel the same, I stopped buying gems simply because its a waste of money, it clearly goes to uneducated people and lazy testers that doesn't deserve my money.

Enjoy
    Rislem

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullllhead View Post
    And as for those of you who are bug exploiters.... how about reporting the bug immediately upon discovery and helping BB make our game an ever improving place to play.
    It happened at the weekend. Nobody to report to. And reports on the forums were deleted and the posters threatened with bans.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rislem View Post
    however, you could test your software better? I mean of EVERYTHING that was tested, no one bothered to look if you could open the same window TWICE ? To me that's like buying a new car and not checking if it has wheels on...

I personally would just sweep this under the rug, BB this is embarrassing to say the least, I would find a rock and crawl under it if I was a BB staff and if I was a developer or a tester.. I would look at my life again and try to figure out where I went wrong.
    Yes. I think if there was even a hint that BB are going to reflect on their innumerable errors during this event and do something to ensure something like it doesn't happen again, then people would be far more accepting of the heavyhandedness of this response.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I played an online game that recently shut down.
    They gave (about) 3 months notice that ALL worlds would be terminated, even newly started ones.
    Lots of people complained about wanting the money back that they had put into the game just before the announcement was given. Company response: 'You have 3 months, enjoy what you bought.'
    You are not paying for items - you are basically paying for a service, and you don't have to.

As for being called a 'hack or cheat' - I didn't see that, I only see that the communications are supposed to go to the 'hack or cheat' support form.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    It happened at the weekend. Nobody to report to. And reports on the forums were deleted and the posters threatened with bans.
    Did you report it to support?

German forums have more detailed info (Google translate):

Also in this case we must insist on return of 3 warehouses. If you have reported the calendar errors on Saturday, the support, we can assume that it is not a "Bug-Using." In this case, please send a message to our support . Select the "Cheat & Hack" category and the subject "Improved warehouse exploit" and about mittele your original ticket number as proof. Nevertheless, three warehouses are deleted from your account. This automatic deletion is not "exceptions" customizable. Therefore, we will be in the support ticket you find a solution for.
    Also:

To take advantage of the mistake, it was necessary the corresponding button in the calendar active to click log out, some time to wait, and repeat the procedure.
    Why the game was not switched off when becoming aware of the error?
    This particular game error could only be exploited when it deliberately and with premeditation did. The warehouses did not fly by itself in a plural number in the star menu. A shutdown of the game would have but for many players means their island Saturdays not being able to attend. Apart from the nuisance, other consequences would then again have been drawn, for example, collapsed mines, because a visit to the island was not possible. The game is only switched off when otherwise are game data in danger of being destroyed (zone errors, lost game progress, etc.).
    http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...73#post1041773

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Did you report it to support?
    From your post copying the extra info from the DE forums it would suggest that support knew about it but were unable/unwilling to do anything about it.

We therefore come back to the same point: exactly what benefit would there be to anyone to simply clog up support's inbox with more reports? None! So why are people saying this should have been reported to support? Urinating into the wind...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Also a similar refusal to acknowledge any error at all on the German forums:

from the FAQ

Q. Why do not you give us the warehouses, it was your fault!

A. Every warehouse in the game that is not intended to be there messes up the balance. Not only are warehouses traded, it also reduces their "value" for future events. Moreover, it is difficult to explain why a player may, for example, 10 retain Improved warehouses, but others were honest and only one or two got.
    Doesn't answer the question now, does it?

Just admit you made a mistake BB. It's getting pathetic.

Note also the confirmation of one key point I have been banging on about: the word "value" is put in quotes. These items don't have any real value.

One final quote from the FAQ:

The entire issue was discussed about 50 rounds since Friday afternoon, with always the same arguments. Who really have anything new to say, may be involved, everything has already been said to be non-redundant posted again and again.
    Basically, "what we've said is final". Just like the decision to push ahead with a buggy event despite all the feedback that it wasn't even close to being ready. What is the point of the test server if you're just going to make up your own minds anyway, and you have proved time and again that your minds are weak...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    iread all posts most of them are not to give storehouses .ihave mine in star menu . what ppl will do just wait to ban them?do i have to wait also for tommorow see if i am banned?if not give them

Closed Thread