Closed Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Like any other game, web site, etc. You take advantage of an unexpected software issue that resulted in an unfair advantage, the company has the full right to undo as much of that damage as is reasonable.

And if you got more than 4 warehouses, you were blatantly giggling inanely at yourself that you found a knowing defect that you can take advantage of to get more loot.

BB is being plenty fair with their policy. They'd be in line if they deducted the cost of the warehouse in equivalent gems too.

As for those who want a refund... Get serious... You paid, you used up time playing. Can you return the time you spent playing? Of course not. So don't be going making silly requests.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    so your saying that if you got 3 free thats fine but anymore is not

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    Like any other game, web site, etc. You take advantage of an unexpected software issue that resulted in an unfair advantage, the company has the full right to undo as much of that damage as is reasonable.

And if you got more than 4 warehouses, you were blatantly giggling inanely at yourself that you found a knowing defect that you can take advantage of to get more loot.

BB is being plenty fair with their policy. They'd be in line if they deducted the cost of the warehouse in equivalent gems too.

As for those who want a refund... Get serious... You paid, you used up time playing. Can you return the time you spent playing? Of course not. So don't be going making silly requests.
    That "unexpected software issue" should have been tested more like other companies do. It is a mistake at the end of the company not the player. And like you said if they want to undo the damage they should do so themselves not ask the players to do it for them.

Also why are you asking players who want a refund to "get serious"? Isn't BB doing the same thing? I paid for a game working correctly. As long as they make mistakes and the game is not working properly shouldn't I get a refund for what I paid? When the TV you bought doesn't work don't you return it and get a new working one? Please stop [ defending ] BB the only thing you're achieving is receiving more hate from the community.

Hello Yperellanios,

Please don't use profanity on the forums.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 21.07.14 at 15:47.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post

So it's fair for people to have some instead of many. This logic is disapproved. In other games when there are problems that happen from an error of the game itself there is a roll back to a past time to fix things. This is not possible here of course. Let me ask you something else. Lets say, for example, that me myself was one from the people who found this "bug" and said it to plenty others or lets say to everyone i knew and was online at that time and of course it was announced to their friends etc resulting in people saying it in global - is it because i am stupid? is it because i want more people to have also more improved storehouses and not only me? hmm what is it?

What if lets say some of them, because they logged late, and happened to start using this "bug" just a little before BB fix it, got only 3. Of course they would get much much more if BB didn't fix that bug in time. The people that were logged earlier are the bug exploiters but all the rest aren't. Give me a break. Maybe my logic is bad or there is something wrong with me? Probably.

This was just an example after all.
    Last edited by Atsalakotos; 18.07.14 at 19:44.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    @TotoMok
    No my friend, you don't understand the meaning of BB's message.

1. They said that a player "hack" and "cheat". It is a direct blame against any player received that email.

2. They ask for something back, request to buy those items with gems. That means, if you don't have enough gems to do that, you have to buy gems with money. In other words they comes to the level of fraud. Else, I does a mistake and you have to pay for that mistake. (We don't talk about to continue or not to play)

3. I don't understand why a bug that becomes "leak"/"exploit", the players who received that "leak"/"exploit", have to paid for that. If there is a disadvantage against other players then there is another way to make the game "fair". Gift some extra storages to them and set a limit to the others. As I see, they well know how many storages received by any player.

4. Consider that they didn't inform the players about their actions after the event, to prevent them to sell, exchange or gift those resources. It was a "bug" or something else?

I asked my money back, because it is at the same spirit as the BB's message. (In the spirit of fair play).

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    first of all the mistake is yours and only yours as a company.
    We we're not big level and demolish the old store or sell their new stores to get materials for the Quest and you go up level BUY materials for adventures you want us to take it for a YOUR FAULT AND YOUR COMPANY;;;; ; ultimately you're not very reliable company and the wrong yours are paying players .....

I doesnt return a new store if you dont give me all the materials and all of the old coins for my old stores who tear down and all materials that will leave me if Tear down the new, additional and new materials for the staged level. otherwise you will lose another customer.
    Would be more right for you to update the first day, your wrong. The mistakes are good to PAY you NOT US.... SO SIMPLE

World
    Newfoundland
    Consider this:
    you go to the bank, and use the ATM machine, put your card in, and before you do anything, the machine spits out some cash. OK, weird, maybe you think, great my money and walk off. OR you stick your card in again and the same happens again, free cash, not from your account. Now, obviously something is wrong, so do you
    a) stop, go into the bank and say 'hey, the machine is broken, it's given me this free cash'
    b) keep putting your card in and getting all the cash you can (which would be considered theft)

The calendar is supposed to give 1 imp store. Ok, some got more from double clicking, genuine mistake. Some heard of a weird glitch, checked it out and got another. And some purposefully used the glitch to repeatedly get store after store, and no sane person is going to think the calendar is supposed to do that. It is theft, imp stores cost 1995 gems each, and you did not pay for them. Why do you think you are entitled to keep them?
    And people are talking of wanting their money back, money back for what, you did not pay for those stores, you have not lost anything you paid for. The people who should be annoyed are the people who spent money on the game to buy gems, to buy imp stores from the merchant, only to have other people exploit a glitch to get theirs for free.

And did I get any extra stores myself? Yes, I got one extra, I heard about the glitch, wanted to see if it was true. I also stopped. If BB asked for my extra store back, yes, I would give it.
    Now I have added my opinion, I will be busy polishing my halo over there.

World
    Newfoundland
    Kit is right it's the same as taking from an ATM that is kicking out money, which in my country is classed as fraud.

Do i think BB should be asking for gems/payment, as a person who buys gems (or has) not really, they need to let this one go as there is little they can do other than ban players.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    ALL My money back.......................NOW
    Last edited by zaxos; 18.07.14 at 22:25.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    BB policy is that in-game items have no real monetary value. If they did, there are all sorts of trading laws that BB are breaking. The comparison is not only false but dangerous. The only imperative here for anyone to return extra storehouses is a moral one.

This then begs the question: is the typical BB policy to not admit any failure on their part and the apparently (although, I admit I haven't seen the email everyone's talking about to know for sure) agressive manner in which BB are demanding the return of, by definition, valueless items a moral stance?

EDIT: Finally found the message on the forums people are talking about - wasn't showing up on my "new items" list.

Main point to note: nowhere is there an apology for this bug.

Second point to note: BB were given fair warning that the event was bugged and insufficiently tested.
    Last edited by Gerontius; 18.07.14 at 22:37.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Closed Thread