Closed Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just trying to figure out if you are naturally daft or just not old enough to know better -_-

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    errmm, sorry, I didn't realise they had to code each one from scratch... they must get through loads of keyboards
    In a thread full of children fighting a fight that isn't their fight, This actually made me smile

Everyone is accountable for their own actions but this is down to BB to sort out, not me.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Lots of lol

1. BB should realize there are lots of kids playing, which is why we cant talk about half of the world in the main-chat. You cant say *you should have read the TOS and you're responsible for your own actions* to an 8 year old.

2. it's not Always clear if something is a mistake, a bug, or random bad programming from BB. Blocking camps is *not intended and therefore not supported by BB*, or somewhere along that line. Does not intended (like more then 1 storehouse) mean we should not use it? Or the little trick to let your geo's find surplus ore, that's more or less a bug as well and I'm sure lots of people are using it. BB must know as well, but they somehow tolerate that exploit. "It's in the TOS" isn't a great argument if the TOS isn't held up in other situations.

And last but not least: Can the developers please stop introducing new bugs and stack the items in my star menu first? It's getting a bit crowed there. (not counting warehouses, I just took 1)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I received an e-mail too. I'm not going to give them back. Not because I don't have them or because I don't want to demolish them. I'm not giving them back because I didn't cheat. I just took the opportunity of the bug that was pointed out to me by my dear guildies. This option was open to anyone... how is this cheating? It's not like we compete against eachother through storage space. It may have been to some advantage if BB would finally implement the PVP they've been promising us for decades. And how fair is it when it comes to buying stuff with gems. If someone pays for advantages over other players, then it's suddenly fine. It's only fine because it pays your paychecks. This does not have anything to do with fair-play. This was a mistake, someone may have had to answer for it and now under the false flag of fair-play and honesty try to undo the "damage".
    Most of my guildies that have taken advantage of this opportunity have either sold or given away the storages to lower level players. We use these items for in-guild events and contests. I'm guild leader of one of NFL's biggest guilds and we have a lot of active, loyal and honest members that actually spent a lot of money and time on this game. Most of us are playing for long and supported BB throughout the beta stage of this game. We had to endure many bugs and lags and the inconveniences they caused but we stayed because we're loyal and like the game. Some bugs were to our advantage but most were not and yes we complained but hardly received compensations worth mentioning. I know many players that lost gems and resources over bugs. Many players have had issues logging on for periods of time without proper compensation.

What about the end of the world and the 20th aniversarry events, that wasn't fair and despite many complains nothing was done about it.

I will stand for my guildies and do whatever is possible to speak up for them (not that they need it) and fight for their rights. This is your bug, your fault, your problem BB! Hands of from our islands!!!

World
    Newfoundland
    it appears i was really tired or smth a few days ago and wrote myself a really wierd/threathening letter about exploits or whatever and did it impersonating "The Settlers Online" team(isnt it bannable to do that?).

of course i did not write it and thus i have a question: is it allowed to send messages from under another players name? surely there must be a rule against that?!

as for the whole handling of business from the "The Settlers Online" team. your actions have gone beyond absurd.

you cannot expect people to know what is a bug (and to be able to avoid taking advantage) if you try to cover them up and threaten to ban people who try to report them

if you made a mistake first you apologize and compensate and then move on to other things

you have obviously absolutely no idea how to develop run or administer a game

i am sorely tempted to misplace the storehouses i had ready to give back from minute one just to be excluded from further misery that is The Settlers Online
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    hehe team BB_Defenders out in force on this one, they been here a few months... their views wiII change in a few years Iike ours have

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    HI..questions to BB
    1.define fair play..
    2.if answer is treating all players action same then......
    what about players who got 3 improved store...and those only one...is it fair for them to lo-gin entire month so one receives 3 stores & other only one for your mistake...

So let u demonstrate fairplay:
    give 895x2 gems or 2 improves store to players who didn't exploit or get back all exploited improved stores back...let see your fairy play now....
    Here the situation... you go to bank withdraw amount.. cashier gives amount...
    1.you receive correct amount... (what u worked for u get)
    2.you receive x2 x3 amount....(u got more than u deserved but still a cheat)
    3.OK now word was out cashier was bad at counting some cashed in there amount many time...(big fraud...)

Inference:
    player 1. maintained code of fair play .....
    player 2& 3 both exploited although bigger the sin , karma fills up fast so only player3 got noticed ...what about player 2...he cheated but never noticed to recognize him... if u allow them to keep exploited items you don't broke you own rule of fair play (2-3 improved store acceptable 4 means damnation in hell)what rule is that!!!.
    seeing above situation... poor fellow player 1 who got 1 store feels cheated...

Also heard players receiving ban threats in mail by settlers online team.. don't you ppl recognize Ur breaking your own rules by threatening a ban if those exploited players not return store...i don't know but it sounds Netiquette...

Man this looks like hollwoodscript lol... BB first think before u act...if u screwing all exploits do all correctly not 4 or more storehouse..
    Cheers
    Happy :-)
    Last edited by Happy_Santosh; 20.07.14 at 09:38.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i doubt they will ban the cheaters just a idle threat.. be nice if they did would get rid of half the forum cry baby's and to see the look on their faces when they was banned would be priceless

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    so, those who exploited the bug should get away with it and those who didn't, get nothing ?
    meaning BB should reward cheaters and punish those who play fair ?
    LOL

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Just trying to figure out if you are naturally daft or just not old enough to know better -_-
    12 total posts all in this thread.

CONFIRMED BB spy :P

Closed Thread