Closed Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Giving back the improved storehouses

Well

In the spirit of fair play, an error of a software company named "cheat" or "hack". No cheat my friends and no hack happens. Just an error of yours. You didn't try the game in the real world, so you haven't to complain.

Ban is the penalty. Ok. My money back then.

In the spirit of fair play, sent me an email (as I see you know how to do that, and without bugs) with a new paysafe id with all money I give until now, and ban happily my account.

Regards

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    this is not fair.....i allready give some of them as a gift to other players....what u gone do?...bann?....we all have our blogs.....u'll gave us a opportunity for libel.....

UPDATE: If i pay some cash to get gems for 10 storehouses is that disadvantage against other players who have no money?
    money ,soldi ,argent ,geld ,dinero ,pecuniam ,pieniądze ,dinheiro ,bani ,деньги ,pengar ,peníze ,nyiaj ,धन ,χρήμα....but nowhere love!

UPDATE2: ladies and Gentlemen ,the point is not for some storehouses ,who cares...but the undisguised hypocrisy by part of the company,
    bb has made an error so some players acquired an advantage ,bb asks to those players to return this advantage and then they go to buying so bb earn some money...this is unfair!
    Last edited by Filalithis; 21.07.14 at 16:45.

Behind a big rock under the bridge in the deepest woods.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since we want players to demonstrate Fair Play and respect the “Terms Of Use”, we ask all players who redeemed 4 or more Improved Storehouses to put them back into the Star menu. They will be deleted from the Star menu during the next maintenance on the 22nd of July.
    Taken from BB_Ravels post as i dont know how to quote i just copy/paste it...

Now for my question... If we have one in out guild who redeemed say 8 imp storehouses he must return 7 of them.. and if another in guild redeemed say 4 he get to keep all 4.. do i read this note right?
    Last edited by Kingu; 18.07.14 at 16:29. Reason: Typoes
    Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
    ― Cassandra Clare

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Reading your mail about the Improved storage error your programmers made, I see some problems with justice and no admission at all that the mistake came from you, not from the players. A better way to deal with the error, that would acknowledge your responsibility and not discriminate against some players at the expense of others, would be to allow all players who completed the calendar 3 warehouses. At the very minimum, you should also allow players much longer than 4 days to replace the warehouses they sold or gave away in good faith. I have read the TOS but in all that mass of prose it is easy not to be aware that a change to a more generous reward on the part of the game is a "bug" that must not be "exploited." If you really want to be fair to all, you should return any resources players lose because of your rather belated punitive decision.
    For instance, many players sold or traded warehouses for other buildings which will now be available, if at all, only at an inflated price. An appropriate means of dealing with this would be to make warehouses available for gold coins at an uninflated price, so that players will not have to leave the game if they do not have the resources to purchase warehouses in T.O. or with gems. Some of us also used resources to upgrade warehouses, but that is a minor burden and I will say no more about it. I may mention that I will not suffer any particular hardships myself because of your demand, but I am concerned about, for instance, high-level players in our guild who gave warehouses to needy lower-level players. They will either have to replace those with their own resources--and not all high-level players are "rich"--or ask the lower level player to return them. I think I speak for many players in feeling that BB's action was neither kind nor "fair to all", and I hope that those with the power to correct the situation will do so. By the way you should certainly allow extra time for players who are not able to be online in the next few days.

World
    Sandycove
    there was more than 1 exploit on this event apparently. There was the one that was log off for 15 mins log back in etc which enabled multiple stores (the one BB are on about I'm guessing?)..

And then there was also the one at the start of the event that allowed all players who logged in within the first 15 minutes when the event went live on day 1 which enabled players to open all doors on THAT 1st day. This one happened before the reset, so Im guessing there's an extra store there PLUS the event items...

BB need to clarify which, or indeed both (?) are to be reclaimed?

I fell foul of neither of the above, but Im certain others will also want clarification

World
    Newfoundland
    'you exploited this bug'
    BB YOU created the 'bug' and did not completely test your own product for any errors. When a corporation messes up like that, the corporation pays for its error. BB you are wording your retraction as a PLAYER's infraction. This is not the case. There have been several bugs that you have not fixed and those errors have been to the hardship of the player, throughout your many upgrades, updates, and fixes. Yet the player is the one who pays the cost. This event is just one more 'error' on the part of the corporation. One that your players are going to pay for....

I will tear down any and all improved store houses. Go ahead and scan my island. you will find none left on there. if you deem it necessary to 'ban' me after that... then please be my guest. For YOU, the corporation BB, you will have lost more than just the 'store house' you will have lost a long time player who put money into, and would have continued to fund your corporation.

Enjoy your over banning of accounts, instead of owning up to your own error, your mistake.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    They send me a mail. i send them one back

dear support team
    first of all pls forgive my English
    Today i came back from work and i open to play settlers as i do every day, i have see that you have send me a mail, i open it and i could not believe in my eyes,
    you blame me for cheating !!!
    ok then lets see what i did, i have take 9 (not 1, not 2, not 3,but 9) improved storehouse,dint you told anyone that he must take only one?
    Then you talk about bug? your mistake is not bug is a mistake that i have take in advance, that is cheating? if a football Player do a mistake in a game and lose the ball he ask it back why it whose bug? lern to Live with your mistakes, you are only Human and is natural to do mistake, but dont try to put your mistake to others, and for the fair play part is easy, you give Free improved storehouses to Player that they dint take.
    I have play all settlers games and i have love settlers online but i will not give you back the improved storehouses, not because i dont have them, but because i dont think i cheat ( well i have, but not in the game)
    so this is goodbye, thanks for the fun i have all this time and i am sorry that i will lose some good friends i make here. And to the people that make that MISTAKE i only say, dont worry be happy and dont feel bad,

thanks for your time
    emmanouil kavvousanos
    (i always like to say my name and dont hide behind a nicknames wen i say my opinion)

pc. in gategory i put harassment why i think you are harassment all this players by asking back there improved storehouse.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I seem to have missed out on receiving this email...

Given that I got an extra storehouse through no fault of my own, just double clicking on the prize button seemed to do it and I didn't even notice I had two until hours later, and given that I was threatened with a ban from the forums for reporting the bug, I don't feel anyone should be inclined to pay any attention to such emails.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Newfoundland
    The second you take something from my island is the second i quit the game. Since when do i have to be held responsable for you`re scre.w ups?

Also from the warehouses i got i gave away for free to friends half of them. yer telling me now to ask them back?
    Ill wait for maintainance then decide if i play or not. next time maybe cut down the paycheck of the guy that is incapable, not blame the player

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by dodos_manus View Post
    Well

In the spirit of fair play, an error of a software company named "cheat" or "hack". No cheat my friends and no hack happens. Just an error of yours. You didn't try the game in the real world, so you haven't to complain.

Ban is the penalty. Ok. My money back then.

In the spirit of fair play, sent me an email (as I see you know how to do that, and without bugs) with a new paysafe id with all money I give until now, and ban happily my account.

Regards
    Well said. You want to ban me for your own mistake? That's fine but I want my money back. Deal?

Closed Thread