Closed Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear BB ravel,

I totally agree with Larry, how did you let us know about the error so that we will ban the account, and I also want to say that we are not to blame for your mistakes, the game needs to be tested before going into the real world, if you are not noticed this error in the test as it will be in the future, and what kind of example you give to new players who have just started to play, we lose the will to further the game, so you better think before you do anything, you will lose a lot more than you think, not only lose loyal players but also the reputation of the game.

with respect zrikavi

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Hiya Jolly, hope your well? , Unfortunately this is BB through and through. I received one storehouse (I knew about the exploit) a guild member told me in the dying days of the event. I decided not to test the water but, I have bought a couple of storehouses from the TO since, Does this mean I have 2-3 storehouse on my map now that are the direct result of an exploit? probably! They are level 5 now on my island so no chance they are coming down!!! But what happens if some unaware player by chance has purchased a couple of these from the TO and hasn't yet built them?? Does this then mean this innocent player will lose these if he doesn't place them within the next day or so? probably!!

So people that exploit up to 3 go unpunished, people that exploited it with 4 of more may get some punishment, people who got a free school/floaters have had a result, The innocent people who didn't participate in this again are just out of luck? Its not hard to see who got the short end of the stick is it?

Like many people around here, I'm close to the door marked "exit". Tired of the same old poor distribution of news that matters to the community, updates that are very meh, lack of testing.
    I am well, my friend

Indeed, I have likely gained via trade office from a few "exploited" stores, but that is just trade IMO, there was no way to know for sure how these stores were sourced

You have a most valid point, in that the whole event, (and indeed virtually everything else in this game lately) is not tested long enough, or feedback is ignored from said test server. I, and many many more have been banging this drum for a long time now. You can see from the actual feedback pages on test server that many have now given up reporting back due to lack of response... (and thats not off-topic, it would have gone a long way to aiding the smooth running of this event had test been up to the task in hand)
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 20.07.14 at 15:08.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    basicle if you have what not rightfully yours.. BB want um back..the ones who knew the bug and exployted it to thew max know who they are.. no need for the rest of us to worrie. and good on ya BB about time

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    well what a interested read, myself i got 1 imp' stores at the start and one at the end of the event, I noticed the bug at the start and warned people not
    abuse it as it would be a mistake, i knew BB would do something like this because no way they where gonna let you keep all them imp'sto so yeah i sneaked a extra imo
    only 1, and left it then so yeah asking for people with more than 4 to pay them all back i say 'Right on BB' you cheated you made that choice to get free imo.
    If you see a car parked up with the keys in the ignition does that make it your car. same if a cash machines gives out free money is it yours, a front door is open
    and no one is home does that make it ur house . THE ANSWER NO. the imp'sto where not urs to take but you took them, and dam right if u didnt abuse it and only got 1 extra you get to keep it that there way of saying we messed up u can have the extra 1 , but you had 5/6/7/8/9 etc of them Then basically u have stolen them and like anything else where there is a crime there is a punishment.. TY and peace

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    ah so you got 1 extra and, oh coincidence, 1 extra could be seen as a apology from BB. But if you got more, noooo that would be wrong.

More drama please

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    So many people seem to have missed this vital point it bears repeating:

In game items have no real value. None, nada, worthless. That is BB policy and it is clear, simple and unarguable.

To claim people who got more than their fair share of storehouses are stealing is therefore just plain wrong. You cannot steal something that has no value.

On the topic of responsibility for your own action, maybe some players would consider taking responsibility once BB do so. Lead by example, BB, lead by example.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Exploiting bugs is still exploiting and not allowed in any game. But what I don't get is that people who got 3 instead of the intended 1, can still keep those extra 2...
    Where are my extra 2 improved storehouses?
    Why do I, a fair player, have to be at a disadvantage compared to people who exploited a bug, accidentallly or not?

I would ask for everyone to be given a total of 3 improved storehouses then, because (and this is not a threat but a fact) I will not pay a single cent anymore for a game that promotes the exploiting of bugs.

If however no compensation takes place, this would be a fine precedent and show us that exploiting bugs in a limited manner is a good thing to do and won't get anyone punished.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    ah so you got 1 extra and, oh coincidence, 1 extra could be seen as a apology from BB. But if you got more, noooo that would be wrong.

More drama please
    one could be seen as a simple miss click or a click from curiosity. To then go back and click a further 10 times is no longer the case, It is then exploiting.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Roll on the 24th I say. Based upon BB's inability to code stuff right first time, I imagine the script they intend to run may do more harm than good. What happens afterwards is anyones guess. Those impacted players that place Improved Storehouses in their Star Menu may see them deleted. It will probably take BB a few days then to agree their global approach to all worlds but in my view despite the veiled suggestion of a ban they haven't come right out and said this so I imagine they wont do anything. Just a simple nod to the conclusion that the individual doesn't support 'Fair Play' and hence maybe may not be looked upon favourably by support in the future.

Personally I would like to see BB do a global ban of accounts but I think its highly improbable and certainly wont be immediate. Looking at the US Forums their maintenance takes place 2 days after ours so I imagine BB will see what impact has happened across all worlds and then decide to do nothing....

World
    Sandycove
    Lol if this posts twice i apologise - the web went weird on me

The point is that BB have been inconsistent in their retrieval of so called ill-gotten gains. Either grab back EVERY extra storehouse, or dont do it at all.

Closed Thread