Closed Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    [LIST][*]When someone is clicking to get the storehouse for the 4th time in short time span and does not think there is anything wrong it's plain stupidity or ignorance.
    And what words would you choose to describe the programmer/playtester who leaves such a gaping hole in their product?

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    At present, I'm not seeing any reason to support BB's position in this because BB are not being fair to the players and show no signs of being fair in the future - that's the "bigger picture" here.
    Not really, that's still pretty short sighted for the reasons I stated.

If you're not siding with BB then fair enough, couldn't really care less about that part of it myself because that's not the issue... What doesn't make any sense is siding with a bunch of people that used an exploit to gain multiple imp. storehouses that could then be sold on for profit giving them an advantage over those that either didn't know or didn't use the exploit - that is the bigger picture.

I'd understand your stance if everyone got more than four and everyone had to give them back, that would at least be balanced and fair for the entire playerbase but that's not the case here. Even the people who get to keep four of however many they managed to milk are going to gain an advantage, that advantage devalues what those who didn't use the exploit do in game... Those that didn't use the exploit are now playing catch up to those that did so if your issue is that BB isn't being fair then I'd say you should also take issue with the unfairness in keeping those imp. storehouses too, unless you think it's fair ?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Splotch View Post
    Not really, that's still pretty short sighted for the reasons I stated.
    You haven't given any good reasons at all. You said that if the bug had been far worse or had been exploitable for more profit BB would be justified to be heavy handed.

I've not seen an argument that a few extra storehouses is a big deal. Only BB are making it a big deal. But they're NOT also making a big deal of their failings, which is unforgivable.

And it's a 1-player experience. What do I care if someone is doing better than me? The complete "meh" at the introduction of the achivement system and being able to compare achievements with other players just goes to prove that.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    And what words would you choose to describe the programmer/playtester who leaves such a gaping hole in their product?
    A one without job now or in future.

Test server and BB ability read feedback there has been a fiasco for long time now. New mail system or other features have been rolled out to live in Polish servers and then rolled back to old system cause with the horrible bugs. They have lost tons of man hours on unneeded maintenance's, support, etc. damage control.

Even if we ignore test server completely for a second. How is it possible that calendar storage-multiclick was not properly fixed and re-tested after first day incident? there's something horribly wrong with BB workflow. Either there are useless middle management guys skipping important things or preventing the team use time on things or some of the in-house test or dev team does not do their work. Someones head will get chopped off in the end if not happened already.

World
    Sandycove
    LMAO Im gonna stir it up again as I truly didnt realise how the bug worked until reading the forum more.

All those who took major advantage of the bug knew what they were doing - no excuses, end of... You can spout previous Beta bugs, normal bugs, weekend bugs all you want - fact is you were greedy and took advantage, there is no excuse for that.

Now is the time to face up to the fact you got caught. Pay them back one way or another. I have no sympathy - you logged in and out and continually took advantage. Grow up and face the penalty.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol totally agree on that one, people arguing over getting extra goodies more than others. not fair people whinging about paying so much into the game, they are others who pay just as much who didnt know, so its ok for sneaky paying users to get more than loyal non cheating users then?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB should take responsibility for their mistake first and perhaps show people they've learned a lesson or two from their myriad failures. Then there might be an argument that the people who exploited the bug should give their ill-gotten gains back. At present, I'm not seeing any reason to support BB's position in this because BB are not being fair to the players and show no signs of being fair in the future - that's the "bigger picture" here.
    Exactly how would that "show" look like? What I've seen in this forum there's plenty of players that wouldn't find any excuse good enough..
    I'm not supporting BB's position in this either, but I'm getting tired of the whining spam here. Especially those containing lies.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    LMAO Im gonna stir it up again as I truly didnt realise how the bug worked until reading the forum more.

All those who took major advantage of the bug knew what they were doing - no excuses, end of... You can spout previous Beta bugs, normal bugs, weekend bugs all you want - fact is you were greedy and took advantage, there is no excuse for that.

Now is the time to face up to the fact you got caught. Pay them back one way or another. I have no sympathy - you logged in and out and continually took advantage. Grow up and face the penalty.
    Exactly Same as real life, accountability, Anyone who doesn't return them should be at the mercy of BB.

Few years back there was a bug with fifa 09/10/11 cant remember what one, Gold pack collectable cards (online variety) A way to get free packs, As many as you wanted!!! I knew about this bug too, Again I didn't participate but everyone who did went bye bye very quickly theft is theft.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    OK, I admit I missed a good argument for BB to want the storehouses back: people who have paid money and didn't benefit from the bug would be justifiably upset.

I just didn't see that argument because I've always been too sensible not to pay any money into this game. It's a beta game in everything but name as this entire thread proves. I don't pay money for beta-standard products and it's up to BB to improve their standards.

EDIT, but I'll repeat one last time for the hard of hearing - these storehouses have no real value. you can't steal something that has no value.

World
    Sandycove
    OK, I admit I missed a good argument for BB to want the storehouses back: people who have paid money and didn't benefit from the bug would be justifiably upset.

I just didn't see that argument because I've always been too sensible not to pay any money into this game. It's a beta game in everything but name as this entire thread proves. I don't pay money for beta-standard products and it's up to BB to improve their standards.

EDIT, but I'll repeat one last time for the hard of hearing - these storehouses have no real value. you can't steal something that has no value.
    Soz I just dont understand your comment? People have blatantly cheated time and time again. How an anyone justify this? Its a case of repeat cheating which is an offence..

Closed Thread