Closed Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by susie5 View Post
    Yes I do.
    Well if you expect all that to happen then fair enough, it's a nuts idea though.

If I knew someone would couldn't pay back, I'd help them out. No-one has asked me...
    Last edited by Splotch; 27.07.14 at 09:26.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    what a disaster. The bug was a bad one, the solution dissatisfying, and it looks like BB just carries on as usual.

It was bad design to start with. But I havent seen a *sorry we messed up*, the closest that comes to an excuse is "We are all human".
    It's a way too relaxed attitude that keeps BB from improving their performance. After each and every bug, the WC had at least 2 major bugs, they just carry on saying *hey well, everyone makes mistakes you know. Peace!* But I want to see the developers being disappointed with how things went, BB has to realize this was a bad executed job, and they disappointed a lot of people. Only if they realize this was their mistake and it should not be allowed to happen again, then they can look into ways to improve. Like... look at the feedback from the testserver perhaps. If they simply lack talent in some aspects, hire experienced people who are capable.
    If I make a mistake at work, I do feel annoyed and I do look into the problem. How did it happen, what can I do to prevent it from happening again. I do share both mistake and follow-up actions with my colleages, so we can all learn from the events. Indeed we're all human, making a mistake is part life. Some humans try to learn from it, sother humans work at BB.

Somehow the FAQ about the improved storehouses is a pretty decent one. I didn't know BB was capable of communicating. Which makes it even stranger they usually dont say anything. Now we know they are capable of typing up a response, but apparently they just bluntly refuse. A pervious community manager announced a regular feedback on the suggestions for example, but even the much supported call to increase the 25# limit in the barracks, or the suggestion to stack items in the star menu remains without answer from BB.

It looks like too many people at BB just dont care. They dont care to communicate and share the answer they do have. They dont care to improve, since they whole company just lets them get away with the *we're all humans* answer on all mistakes. But running The Settlers is not a hobby, it's a professional job. Take a little honour in (trying) to do it well. Its a product lots of people pay or have paid for, a little more professional attitude is not too much to ask for.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    what a disaster. The bug was a bad one, the solution dissatisfying, and it looks like BB just carries on as usual.

It was bad design to start with. But I havent seen a *sorry we messed up*, the closest that comes to an excuse is "We are all human".
    It's a way too relaxed attitude that keeps BB from improving their performance. After each and every bug, the WC had at least 2 major bugs, they just carry on saying *hey well, everyone makes mistakes you know. Peace!* But I want to see the developers being disappointed with how things went, BB has to realize this was a bad executed job, and they disappointed a lot of people. Only if they realize this was their mistake and it should not be allowed to happen again, then they can look into ways to improve. Like... look at the feedback from the testserver perhaps. If they simply lack talent in some aspects, hire experienced people who are capable.
    If I make a mistake at work, I do feel annoyed and I do look into the problem. How did it happen, what can I do to prevent it from happening again. I do share both mistake and follow-up actions with my colleages, so we can all learn from the events. Indeed we're all human, making a mistake is part life. Some humans try to learn from it, sother humans work at BB.

Somehow the FAQ about the improved storehouses is a pretty decent one. I didn't know BB was capable of communicating. Which makes it even stranger they usually dont say anything. Now we know they are capable of typing up a response, but apparently they just bluntly refuse. A pervious community manager announced a regular feedback on the suggestions for example, but even the much supported call to increase the 25# limit in the barracks, or the suggestion to stack items in the star menu remains without answer from BB.

It looks like too many people at BB just dont care. They dont care to communicate and share the answer they do have. They dont care to improve, since they whole company just lets them get away with the *we're all humans* answer on all mistakes. But running The Settlers is not a hobby, it's a professional job. Take a little honour in (trying) to do it well. Its a product lots of people pay or have paid for, a little more professional attitude is not too much to ask for.
    Everything in the above bears saying twice...

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

minoreva
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post

Well said :-)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Regarding Multiple Improved Storehouses (2nd & 3rd post) by BB_Ravel

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post262763

Reading the text of the replies, I would say it is at the right level and well worded. Actually determines the level of error made by both sides. I believe that such an initial text would solve many of the misunderstandings that arose in all directions.

I have nothing further to add to this debate.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I was reminded of something this morning:

If the "balance" of the game is so important, why hasn't the lack of balance of the cannon making buildings been addressed in the last 3 years?

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    I was reminded of something this morning:

If the "balance" of the game is so important, why hasn't the lack of balance of the cannon making buildings been addressed in the last 3 years?
    The high end weapon structures being virtually useless is an issue, no argument there, but the fact that it's pointless switching them on and only really worth placing them and upgrading them to complete quests doesn't create an imbalance that needs to be immediately addressed whereas the spoils of the event do. If the high end weapon structures were broken and they could churn out countless high end items at virtually no cost which could then be sold on for a massive profit I'd say that'd be something that needed sorting pretty quick, as it stands it's the exact opposite of that so likely no-one in BB land is too bothered that we've sunk a ton of resources in to sleeping buildings.

World
    Newfoundland
    Due to the many requests in this regard and the constant trend of this thread to go off-topic, the thread will now be closed.

Not trying to threaten anyone, but as a reminder, there's maintenance tonight so don't forget to put the Improved Storehouses in the Star Menu (if you so choose).

Closed Thread