Closed Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Ive played over two years and seen many a glitch, good and bad.....BB has rewarded us when there glitches has cost us resorces.time ect, even when there server got struck by lightning, that wasnt thier fault, they rewarded us for lost play time ect..so they have been fair with us
    now they ask the same back from us. i see it as a two way street
    1 or 2 extra storehouses ok, but some players i know got 14 plus, this is a big game advantage over normal play, so fairs fair, give um back and move on

World
    Newfoundland
    There are a couple of people still saying the extra storehouses don't matter so I'm going to sum up as quickly as possible what I've been saying in relation to that :
    • Storehouse Value = 15,000gc
      4x Storehouse Value = 60,000gc
      60,000gc = 120 lvl3>lvl4 upgrades on basic structures.
      After 24 hours your map is 120 levels stronger and buff efficiency on all of those structures has been increased.
      The storehouses that are placed have no effect other than a potential increase in the stack size per lot on the TO.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out how an influx of a high end tradeable item has a massive knock-on effect. Please stop saying that obtaining extra storehouses isn't an issue because they are worthless and don't make any difference, it's nonsense... They do.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    One thing I do find worrying and that's the changes to the game rules and code of conduct. I can find no notification that those have changed.

Unless somebody is able to show me where such notification is. Then I would ask by what moral, ethical and legal standards, how these changes can be considered to be a binding contract between two party's.

My initial research on the subject for how current English and EU legislation view these changes says BB needs our agreement to the changes for them to be valid. Please show me where the tick box is so that I can agree to the changes.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    My initial research on the subject for how current English and EU legislation view these changes says BB needs our agreement to the changes for them to be valid. Please show me where the tick box is so that I can agree to the changes.
    When I've taken the time to read a TOS, which granted is very rare, there's usually a condition in there that states that the terms of service agreement may be subject to change without prior notice. That said, when my PS4 TOS changes I do have to confirm that I accept the revisions so I guess Sony are trying to cover their back over something, you're probably right and a conditional clause stating what you signed up to can change at any time isn't enough or at least not enough to cover every country... That does make perfect sense really as a change in terms without agreement could potentially leave you retrospectively liable for something, I guess.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Imorticia View Post
    bottom line...

BB says those that got 4 can keep them
    those that got 25 can only keep 1

seems fair.....

smh
    already been said that it was not obvious that were the 4 or less storehouse mistakes or exploiting (one normal click, 1 extra click at start, 2 clicks at end) more than 4 total is something that was not normal according to statistics and was considered exploiting. There is no point to cause more problem than needed.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    My point stands my boy wouldn't come home with someone's wallet cos that direct version of stealing has been catered for in his up bringing he has been told it is wrong, but I'm afraid that this eventuality hasn't been catered for, an no sharplelein ur wrong and this is why self technological exploration is important for a childs development, with parental locks in-place to censor out the things u don't want them to see, this game will pass through a parental lock because of its pegi rating so my son can access it, an as an adult who am i to challenge a game that a parental lock has allowed him access to, weather i know he understands the rules or not.

On the same token if he dropped some chewing gum wrapper out of his pocket and the man walking beside us processed to have a pop at my son about the fact he had just littered while he was 7 years old I'm afraid i wouldn't take too kindly to that person an maybe sternly request he takes up his complaint with me, as its my responsibility to make sure my son has the correct morals instilled into him and not "joe bloggs"

we all understand how to use Microsoft but has anyone read the full terms and conditions of use for windows? and if so do u understands them? how is a 7 year old going to understand it ?

sorry point still stands i don't disagree with BB about the imp's but i do disagree with this method, the answer is simple remove or leave, without this return them of u will get a perma ban rubbish

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    already been said that it was not obvious that were the 4 or less storehouse mistakes or exploiting (one normal click, 1 extra click at start, 2 clicks at end) more than 4 total is something that was not normal according to statistics and was considered exploiting. There is no point to cause more problem than needed.
    Or in other words: Expoiting bugs is beneficial to the player and allowed if done in moderation?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Isn't that your responsibility to teach him as a parent? Sorry going to be harsh here. This is the digital/online age. The fact that parents do not feel the need to discipline or teach their kids about what happens online is the fact you still don't think digital. This is how cyberbullies are allowed to exist. Kids go online trahstalk, cheat, exploit and parents just go "oh well it's just a game or online so it doesn't have any real consequenses". Sorry but it has. Do you do find it necessary for others to tell you that you are responsible for a dropped gumwrapper ... but even though a ToS CLEARLY states it is your responsibility to make sure the kid doesn't cross the line, suddenly the company just needs to be quiet? Because you didn't bother to tell your kid exploiting a glitch could make him lose his account? Or do you also not teach your kid not to cheat in games like monopoly or chess? Yep SAME thing. People seriously need to start being responsible online as much as offline. Too many times it's brushed off as if it is without consequences or should be but well it's not. Time for you to realize that and start teaching your kids online actions can have as much consequenses as offline actions. Welcome to the digital age.
    Last edited by Rhylian; 24.07.14 at 13:07.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Isn't that your responsibility to teach him as a parent? Sorry going to be harsh here. This is the digital/online age. The fact that parents do not feel the need to discipline or teach their kids about what happens online is the fact you still don't think digital. This is how cyberbullies are allowed to exist. Kids go online trahstalk, cheat, exploit and parents just go "oh well it's just a game or online so it doesn't have any real consequenses". Sorry but it has. Do you do find it necessary for others to tell you that you are responsible for a dropped gumwrapper ... but even though a ToS CLEARLY states it is your responsibility to make sure the kid doesn't cross the line, suddenly the company just needs to be quiet? Because you didn't bother to tell your kid exploiting a glitch could make him lose his account? Or do you also not teach your kid not to cheat in games like monopoly or chess? Yep SAME thing. People seriously need to start being responsible online as much as offline. Too many times it's brushed off as if it is without consequences or should be but well it's not. Time for you to realize that and start teaching your kids online actions can have as much consequenses as offline actions. Welcome to the digital age.
    I ask you again. Only the players must be responsible to the company?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The company's responsibility was to fix the glitch as soon as it was discovered. Now it is possible that the glitch was already appearant during testing and in that case they had the responsibility to fix it before that. However if it wasn't then they did what they had to. Aka fix the glitch as soon as they could. This includes time to make the patch, time before it was reported/discovered, etc etc. Did they do the second yes. So that responsibility they had they covered quite neatly I'd say. However if they already knew about the glitch and still released it, they should apologize for that. Should they allow you to keep the stuff you got because of the glitch? No way in heck. You continuously clicking and relogging: your responsibility and the consequenses of that are for you. Not to mention the fact they let people keep UP TO THREE for free as a way of saying: yeah our bad there was a glitch, so those three we consider an accident and our fault. Sooooo yeah they have been rather generous I'd say.

Closed Thread