Closed Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by litsa View Post
    sharpielein:how do we know if you are not one of abusers too or some others who saying they were honest and dont use bug?i said i use the bug and gave back all stores .if you go back a year ago there was a big bug on line for a month with the gold refill in that time noone wrote anything about cheaters or abusers
    Why would it matter?
    My point was that if the cheaters get to keep their spoils, then the legitimate players are the losers.
    If the legitimate players get something and cheaters lose out, that's fair.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Haha and I fell for it
    I wish it was an optional skin, I prefer the piratey look.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think this whole thing was a absolute Mess, but i can see points for all the arguments raised from both sides i really can.

But

I think i would been very annoyed if my pegi-7 son or daughter came and played this game to be threatened by the developers, for something that to them would be no more moraly wrong then getting a biscuit from the biscuit barrel without mommy or daddys say so, this i think has been a monumental error on behalf of BB_. BB i think its time you maybe re-assed your pegi-7 rating if you want to threaten 7 year olds with the lose of there accounts, these children don't understand fraud and i can assure you they would not of view it as theft.

I'm sorry BB_ i like you and i like that game but on this occasion the "Threat" was wrong you should of just left them of removed them.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    i m with wolf...they kinda scared people here... even the big ones )

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_man95 View Post
    BB i think its time you maybe re-assed your pegi-7 rating if you want to threaten 7 year olds with the lose of there accounts, these children don't understand fraud and i can assure you they would not of view it as theft.
    They shouldn't really be playing a game if they can't understand the rules, even if the age permits them to play it.
    Especially not if their parents refuse to take accountability for what they do online.

Actually, just as in Real Life: If your 7-year-old-child gets $100000 for going over start in Monopoly, that will also result in nobody wanting to play with him anymore.
    This is just the virtual version of the very thing which is very, very normal in reality, so what is wrong with that?

Plus, Bluebyte is not "threatening people with the loss of their account"
    Bluebyte is merely saying "You got something you shouldn't have, and you MUST give it back!"

What would you say if in Real Life, your 7-year-old child came home with the teacher's wallet?
    Would you explain to the school that they can't impose consequences because a 7yo can't understand the concept of theft, or would you explain to your child that they did do something wrong and must give it back? Would you consider it draconic if the school threatened consequences if the teacher didn't get his wallet back unscathed?

Yes, mistakes can happen, but a very polite warning "You crossed the line, now undo it" is NOT an immoral "threat".

I know certain other gaming companies where you'd simply end up with a no-warning permban. That may be better in the sense that you wouldn't be able to call it a "threat".
    But would you like it better?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    They shouldn't really be playing a game if they can't understand the rules, even if the age permits them to play it.
    Especially not if their parents refuse to take accountability for what they do online.

Actually, just as in Real Life: If your 7-year-old-child gets $100000 for going over start in Monopoly, that will also result in nobody wanting to play with him anymore.
    This is just the virtual version of the very thing which is very, very normal in reality, so what is wrong with that?

Plus, Bluebyte is not "threatening people with the loss of their account"
    Bluebyte is merely saying "You got something you shouldn't have, and you MUST give it back!"

What would you say if in Real Life, your 7-year-old child came home with the teacher's wallet?
    Would you explain to the school that they can't impose consequences because a 7yo can't understand the concept of theft, or would you explain to your child that they did do something wrong and must give it back? Would you consider it draconic if the school threatened consequences if the teacher didn't get his wallet back unscathed?

Yes, mistakes can happen, but a very polite warning "You crossed the line, now undo it" is NOT an immoral "threat".

I know certain other gaming companies where you'd simply end up with a no-warning permban. That may be better in the sense that you wouldn't be able to call it a "threat".
    But would you like it better?
    And what is your suggestion? To ban the players of the mistake of the company? If the Bluebyte does that from my side i dont spent a single euro on this game again. And i believe and other players nave the same opinion with me

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The existence of the glitch was BlueByte's fault. But the people abusing the glitch are responsible for their own action. Just because there is a glitch doesn't mean you have to abuse it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah id even pay a percentage for an extra 2 storehouses, say 75% of what one is worth? ill barter for extra, unlike those pesky exploiters who are like children caught with there hands in the cookie jar. :P

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    The existence of the glitch was BlueByte's fault. But the people abusing the glitch are responsible for their own action. Just because there is a glitch doesn't mean you have to abuse it.
    And because of this action of the players the company must ban them?
    Look i understand the game has rules who must obey from the players and if they violates them the company must take action against them.
    But in the summer event the company give this event unfinished and untested to the players with the known side effects.
    And i believe the Bluebyte must find an other legitimate way for the player who make use of the bug.

Closed Thread