Closed Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    The company's responsibility was to fix the glitch as soon as it was discovered. Now it is possible that the glitch was already appearant during testing and in that case they had the responsibility to fix it before that. However if it wasn't then they did what they had to. Aka fix the glitch as soon as they could. This includes time to make the patch, time before it was reported/discovered, etc etc. Did they do the second yes. So that responsibility they had they covered quite neatly I'd say. However if they already knew about the glitch and still released it, they should apologize for that. Should they allow you to keep the stuff you got because of the glitch? No way in heck. You continuously clicking and relogging: your responsibility and the consequenses of that are for you. Not to mention the fact they let people keep UP TO THREE for free as a way of saying: yeah our bad there was a glitch, so those three we consider an accident and our fault. Sooooo yeah they have been rather generous I'd say.
    Generous? Are you serious? Do you remember when the bluebyte give the german players to buy 3x gems sales on the baloon event? Or you have short memory and dont remember that?
    And the topic is here:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...664-Happy-hour

Is this action of the company fair for the others European players or its against them(cheat)?
    Last edited by cabal73; 24.07.14 at 15:25.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    What on earth does that have to do with this? Absolutely NOTHING. This is not about whether it's fair they got a bigger discount event then we did ... this is about the fact they let people that abused a glitch keep 3 improved warehouses. Unless they abused the glitch more then they had to return them ... So yeah they could have been REALLY heavy handed and demanded everyone give back all warehouses they shouldn't have had. But no they didn't. There have already been people that admitted they have gotten 3 and that it wasn't a mistake. These people go FREE. They are allowed to keep them. No consequences, NOTHING. And just because they didn't have the same event in a different regional settlers it is ok now to abuse a glitch here is what you are saying?

Go ahead ... find me a store that has the same prices in every freaking country with the same events. Let me tell you something funny. If I buy something directly from creative Europe I pay MORE then if I would buy from Creative US. And if I buy from a Dutch reseller I pay LESS then if I would it from Creative Europe. (last time I checked the Dutch were still part of Europe so rather weird prices vary between Creative Europe and a reseller). They all have different Events too (price sales).

And yes these are 3 internet sites that sell Creative brand items. Cheating? Hardly. Different countries, different rules, different advantages.
    So why you are bringing that up here in a topic about a glitch that was abused by players? No idea ....

World
    Sandycove
    BB want the items back, and looking at other server forums, there will likely be no further argument over it. My advice is to get them in star ready for the exchange.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    What on earth does that have to do with this? Absolutely NOTHING. This is not about whether it's fair they got a bigger discount event then we did ... this is about the fact they let people that abused a glitch keep 3 improved warehouses. Unless they abused the glitch more then they had to return them ... So yeah they could have been REALLY heavy handed and demanded everyone give back all warehouses they shouldn't have had. But no they didn't. There have already been people that admitted they have gotten 3 and that it wasn't a mistake. These people go FREE. They are allowed to keep them. No consequences, NOTHING. And just because they didn't have the same event in a different regional settlers it is ok now to abuse a glitch here is what you are saying?

Go ahead ... find me a store that has the same prices in every freaking country with the same events. Let me tell you something funny. If I buy something directly from creative Europe I pay MORE then if I would buy from Creative US. And if I buy from a Dutch reseller I pay LESS then if I would it from Creative Europe. (last time I checked the Dutch were still part of Europe so rather weird prices vary between Creative Europe and a reseller). They all have different Events too (price sales).

And yes these are 3 internet sites that sell Creative brand items. Cheating? Hardly. Different countries, different rules, different advantages.
    So why you are bringing that up here in a topic about a glitch that was abused by players? No idea ....
    Do you read the topic?
    The balloon event is common on all of servers of settlers in the world
    And the company gives the advantage of the 3x gems sales to the german servers and not in the same time to the other servers Is that fair or cheat?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    What complete and utter tosh children do no generate a sense of morality until they reach about 10 to 12 other wise they just obey what there parents tell them an yes if tso had contacted me about this issues and told me that this is what had happened then yes i would be able to explain to him what was going on, understand a child dose not think like and adult about corporation about profits everything in there life is free, so would they have known they were doing wrong no they would not, would i have been able to tell him that u cannot do that no i would not cos it shouldn't happen he shouldn't of been able to do it in the first place, no I'm affrade at 7 years old the difference between right and wrong is Mommy or daddy tells me i should do that cos its wrong, as a parent he knows not to bully that is a completely different argument, but being able to do something he should not of been able to do how is an adult going to be able to help there child in that situation, is it something u would teach your children, " now jacob if u have a chance to get something and u know that the game is giving u it and is should not and everyone else has had a go u shouldn't cos it will cost BB a lot of money " YEAH thats standard parenting practise isn't it, I will say again I'm not saying it was wrong to recall the imp's but the manner in which it was done is not suitable for children. Rhylian can u tell me how many paragraphs are in the windows 8 t's an c's and exactly what points are covered, cos i would take a bet on 95% of the adult population not knowing never mind 7 year olds, hell Apple give me a new set on every update do i read them from front to back each time no.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ah and how many times people have complained about something and then found out the ToS that had been changed and they didn't bother to read it? Yeah ... not the companies fault. Also since when is it a company's responsibility to keep track of what age someone is? And how would they know who is the parent of a child that abused a glitch? SERIOUS? Are you daft? If you teach him not to bully that does not guarantee he will not do it online. Why else do you think we have hordes of 13 year olds saying how they did your mother, on Xbox and PS? Is it the responsibility of the company to check their language? No they just wait till they get a report and BAN. They certainly are NOT going to contact you first to ask if you would pretty please talk to your child and teach him not be a douche online ....

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Ah and how many times people have complained about something and then found out the ToS that had been changed and they didn't bother to read it? Yeah ... not the companies fault. Also since when is it a company's responsibility to keep track of what age someone is? And how would they know who is the parent of a child that abused a glitch? SERIOUS? Are you daft? If you teach him not to bully that does not guarantee he will not do it online. Why else do you think we have hordes of 13 year olds saying how they did your mother, on Xbox and PS? Is it the responsibility of the company to check their language? No they just wait till they get a report and BAN. They certainly are NOT going to contact you first to ask if you would pretty please talk to your child and teach him not be a douche online ....
    How many players "cheated" in your server?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cabal73 View Post
    How many players "cheated" in your server?
    How would I know? o_O

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    How would I know? o_O
    Do you believe if the company ban all of them what the gain for the Bluebyte?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cabal73 View Post
    Do you believe if the company ban all of them what the gain for the Bluebyte?
    The gain? The certainty that less people might abuse a future glitch if such a thing were to happen again and they will need to do less damage control

Closed Thread