Closed Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good guy? No. Mature and responsible for my own actions? Yes. Capable of predicting the consequenses of my own actions? yes. And how can you claim that I have not read anything when you are quite obviously too lazy to look it up yourself? Another part of your own responsibility. Or did you miss the "I have read the terms of service and I agree with all in it" you were required to accept when creating an account? And yes I blame you for taking those storehouses. Who else? Did anyone else make you take them? Did someone put a gun to your head to keep clicking? Are you unable to not abuse a glitch? And sorry to burst your bubble, I am not getting an "allowance". I just have a brain and I use it :P And the rest of the community? hmmm I can assure you most of the community will not be affected by BB taking actions. Because you know ... they can be responsible for their own actions :P Which appearantly you cannot?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to stop some of the bickering, its Section 16 in the ToS that gives them the right to ban accounts pretty much for any reason at any time. The In Game Rules and Code of conduct deals with more specifics of hacking and cheating, but this issue seems to fall into a grey area outside of that since there was no change to the game functions on the players' part and (as it was available to all players without use of any forbidden actions) it did not give a distinct advantage to one player over another.

I will admit to being one of the exploiters. I used 2 on my island, sold two and the rest were for charity, good will and player retention. I'm happy to return the ones I still have, but I flatly refuse to ask for the return of those which have been given as gifts to newer players. If they choose to ban me for it, so be it. I think its shady that they found and fixed the error on the 12th, but waited until the 18th to say anything about it, which only compounded the problem for the players, but I'm a big girl. I knew what I was doing. And these are the risks.

So I will await my response from Support about the fate of my account, and am eager to learn when they will be recalling the account enriching goods from other exploits in the calendar and in the game.

World
    Northisle
    @foofygirl

You pretty much covered it all. The same goes for me. I'm not giving back anything if they want to ban me, be my guest. It's their loss I'll be happy to spend my money in another game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    ... This is called COMMON SENSE, which a lot of people seem to lack -_-. I mean how old are you?...
    Well since this is a PEGI-7 game 7+ I guess. If you think a 7 year old can read and understand the terms and conditions, or be necessarily aware of the fact that this was an 'exploit': how much common sense do you have?!
    ______

BB great job of coming across as threatening whilst trying to cover up your latest blundering error, whilst further alienating players to the detriment of the whole player community once again. (I accept the sentiment of expecting fair play and the fact that your terms and conditions are tighter than a gnat's backside; but to come out guns blazing mentioning bans and referring to T&Cs after your track record of lackadaisical support/development/communication is beyond brazen even for you.)

So the latest strategy is try and get enough people to quit playing the game to shut the servers down and cut your losses?! Fair play... it's worked with me since I've only been coming back to keep island active etc. in the naive hope you actually want people to keep playing; and that you'd fix some bugs and bring in some decent new stuff one day...

Bah

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    You knew it was a bug, a pretty serious one. How could you not think BB would find out about it? Honestly, do you really think you are entitled to keep the items?

It reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. A couple had 10 million dollars mistakenly put in their bank account. They knew it was an error, but they immediately transferred the money to offshore accounts and fled the country. Why did they run? Because they knew it was theft. I am not sure what happened in the end, but i know that the bank was able to recover some of the money (as they should), and I think one of them was jailed.

This issue is remarkably similar, and I think its very generous of BB for letting you return the items you acquired through abusing the game, letting you choose to do the right thing, and not straight up banning you. It doesn't matter if you gave the items for free to lower level guildies, as any advantage to them would be an advantage to you in the long run, and you can't argue that fact.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    ... oh yeah, and all of you comparing pixels with real money... try going outside more please for your own sake!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    @toastkid ... yes and all those who exploited were kids right? Not to mention that an adult has to be responsible for a minors actions as agreed to in the ToS ... So yeah I think my common sense is still fine ... yours I am questioning -_-. Because just letting a minor go unsupervised online ... meaning you don't check what he signs up to, you don't check what he does online ... you don't check if maybe he buys stuff ... yeah bad parenting 101. First thing a responsible adult would do is check what his kid does don't you think? Not necessarily check everything, but at least find out what he agreed to when singing up to something .... might be a novel concept to you I guess ...

Seriously this is why so many 13 year olds are playing 18+ games like GTAV or CoD ... the adults that should be there to provide guidance and watch over them, just don't bother at all anymore and just buy what the kid asks for and are then surprised at the end results -_-
    Last edited by Rhylian; 19.07.14 at 22:02.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    Well since this is a PEGI-7 game 7+ I guess. If you think a 7 year old can read and understand the terms and conditions, or be necessarily aware of the fact that this was an 'exploit': how much common sense do you have?!
    Actually, I have kids myself, one has just turned 9, and he knows the difference between playing a game as it is intended, and cheating via game exploits. He doesn't know what the word "exploit" means, but he understands the concept, and I see it all the time when I play with him. I am not sure how old you are, or whether you remember what you understood at age ~7, but i don't think you have a clue as to what kids these days actually know. My point is, stop using PEGI-7 as an excuse to try to get away with it. Get real.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    ... oh yeah, and all of you comparing pixels with real money... try going outside more please for your own sake!
    Lol. I go outside all the time! Don't worry, your personal attacks won't work on me.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    .... just some pixels ... TV = just some pixels too, you pay for that? Or do you steal that too? Or how about music? You steal that too? I mean why should the artist ask money for that right? It's just sound! Or Data when you download it! Seriously go ahead and tell them to go outside more too ...

Closed Thread