Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time warp / teleport / whatever you want to call it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Time warp / teleport / whatever you want to call it.

In addition to the 4 buttons present for a general (attack + combat preview + transfer + retreat) I'd like one extra button, or a check box for teleportation. It could cost 5 gems to check this off, but if done so, the general transfers immediately to the new position instead of having to walk there.

Please note: This function can only be called in an adventure, so it is not transporting generals to an adventure or back, only relocating the generals to the next attack. You cannot use "teleport" if a general is attacking, only if you are relocating other generals or none.

This will not, as I see it, change the dynamics of the adventure, it will not give extra advantages, only ensure that you can set up your generals faster, and move on. This way BB could harvest some gems, and the 5 gems would be fairly cheap so it probably would be used to a larger extend.

This would especially be nice when you have to get reinforcements due to e.g. a bad block. Relocating to the end of a map can be a tedious affair.

World
    Newfoundland
    Let's wait and see what happens with the General' science tree. No good giving generals all the options that people ask for if it takes away the skills from the (eventual) science trees.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    but this is not a skill as I see it: No one can learn to transport them self immediately from location A to B ... this demands the powerful magic of BB - Transportation spellification... )

World
    Newfoundland
    I was told there would be no General science tree.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I want to bring this forward again. After having beeing playing fairy adventures, it really - really - really sucks to have to wait for troops to move from landing zone to the place requested.

World
    Newfoundland
    troops are instantly available to any general so no waiting is necessary
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I was hoping we'd get this in the science tree as well as teleporting back to the garrison after their attack, or at least riding back a lot quicker

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    troops are instantly available to any general so no waiting is necessary
    exactly !!! but that won't do any good if a general is not at the right place. The problem occur e.g. in "clever little tailor" if you have to return for more troops because a block went wrong in one of the last sectors. You have to travel back and forth to get troops .. no problem, but when you arrive at the island, and the general is needed in the attack, you have to relocate him to the end of the map, which feels like an hour or two. If I had the opportunity to pay 5 gems and have him transported directly to the spot he was needed, I would gladly pay that.

Furthermore, to follow up to what you yourself stated: If troops can be transferred from one general to another instantly, why shouldn't it be possible to transport a general instantly ???

/Karsten

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    From what you say I would say the Fairy tale adventures are working as intended in this respect. In which case your problem is a lack of generals to be able to play the adventure in the way that you wish. Since more generals will be available from future events the problem your having will disappear given enough time.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still don't agree Dorotheus..

First: How do Fairy work as intended here??? Is it intended that it should take a lot longer transporting generals than making attacks ??? I don't agree with that !!! If there was a "instant move" for 5 gems, and when the attack is finished a "instant recall" for 5 gems, then I could make the adventure much faster, which really fit's my temper a lot more most of the time...

With the fast move, under the condition that you can't make a "fast move" on a gen if an attack is underway, the gameplay doesn't suffer at all: The adventure will be played just as before, but without the waiting time, which is ... really ... annoying. If it is fairly cheap like the 5 gems, I bet it would be a nice gem drain, which should generate an income for BB.

as for more generals... I'd like a MMA and a vet more, since that would make a lot of things easier/cheaper, but I don't want 50 gens (which is why I didn't buy the reaper this halloween): They take up space on the island and I feel that it is annoying enough to transport troops, e.g. if I want to send a gen back to the home island, I have to attach some specific troop to him so I will know the specific gen... I mean... why cant I click on a camp and ask to send the gen back there ??? Don't get why I have to guess from the main menu, but I'll have live with that. The thing that annoys me with this game is the mindless clicking and waiting for stuff... I mean .. if it hadn't been for the guild system, where you could chat with other players, I would probably have stopped playing the game a year ago or more ....

/Karsten

Reply to Thread