Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to see the new fisherman

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Time to see the new fisherman

Dear Mr BB,
    i wish to see a fisherman that has no need of fish refills and fish pools. Can't you make one that goes into the deep sea with his catamaran and hunts sea monsters, whales etc with fishing nets or even harpoons and brings the fish to the island. I must be honest and say that it isn't fair to have deerstalkers and no sea monster fisherman ("whale hunter" also sounds nice for a new building name).

World
    Newfoundland
    hello, this has been suggested previously, but its still a good one imo +1

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    I would like to see some sort of Fish Farm that can be placed on water space (like Floating Residences) that way we can get a fish equivalent of the Deerstalker and free up some space on the main island replacing normal Fishermen.... win, win!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is a good idea.
    Pros:
    - Free up some space
    - comfort

Cons:
    - Now 1k fish ~ 9 gold. The price would decrease longer

Some new consumable would be needed in order for the value of the fish not to decrease at the same time.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I checked the price of fish in the TO today and found 2K fish on offer for 5 coins, and 50K for 150 coins (3 coins/K). Before the introduction of fish farms, the low-end price was around 14 coin/K.

I am seriously considering demolishing my fish production and producing more wheat/brew/bread to use to trade for fish.

World
    Newfoundland
    fall 2014 fish was 14/k? ridic price.. Are you sure there isn't something more profitable than wheat/brew/bread?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I don't ever remember fish being higher than 7/k [Northisle], but since I play mostly self-sufficient, it sure would be a nice addition.

How about even making it so we can convert fish farms (+ X gems) into Deep Sea Fishers?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    fall 2014 fish was 14/k? ridic price.. Are you sure there isn't something more profitable than wheat/brew/bread?
    Of course, Damascene swords or book fittings would be more profitable, but the raw resources are more difficult to obtain. Titanium can only be obtained in quantity through adventures, and I don't have a great deal of time to spend on those - I just do what I need to do for GQ etc. I have to work hard for a living and can't spend 8 hours a day on here.

World
    Newfoundland
    fish are more profitable than wheat. not sure about the other 2 as i really dont have the will to work it out, but i would guess that fish also are more profitable than both of them.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 21.06.15 at 08:11.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    fish are more profitable than wheat. not sure about the other 2 as i really dont have the will to work it out, but i would guess that fish also are more profitable than both of them.
    Not according to the evidence that I have witnessed in the TO - I can usually buy fish for 3-6 coin/K. Wheat is usually 12-20/K. I would normally provide screen shots to back what I say up, but trade in fish is slow at the moment, but the TO is quiet at the moment.

Here's a couple of screenshots to illustrate what I mean, taken from the TO about 10 mins ago.

http://prntscr.com/7mne0p

http://prntscr.com/7mndmh

http://prntscr.com/7mnfk3
    Last edited by Korkin; 29.06.15 at 10:37. Reason: added screenshots

Reply to Thread