Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Realistic Expectations

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not necessary..
    At the time they added collectibles, they had already used it in the anniversary advs and kind of in the advs Tropical Sun and Lost Skulls..
    Also, the colls seems to basically be some modified "buildings".. Hence the bugs about workers and BL lost..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 22.07.14 at 19:36.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    like bigbelly said if its a case of adding an existing building into an editor and changing a few details then why is it so hard for the barrack slider to be increased in a `rarity` barracks? also by the time players can use one or be able to afford it they would understand the game mechanics a little more and be able to avoid building 1000 xbowmen in one go. the designers could make it only available to players over a certain level (when players are able to do BIG adventures) that way confusion should be minimised.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    when u deIete the que in barracks u get res back yes the first 1 you shouId be carefuI of course but thats a given, maybe get back the res {if u notice} the rest of whats not been made so if u make 1000 xbowmen by mistake and it makes 50 then u get back 950 worth of res?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Actual Java code:

Old:
    Slider troopCreation= new Slider(0, 25, 1);

New:
    Slider troopCreation= new Slider(0, 250, 1);

Save, Commit, Finished.

And no, there's seriously no game issues in creating buffs.
    A intern can create a completely new database entry by copying an existing one (giving it a new ID), change the name, change the effect, add new graphics (where does the icon come from?), change the constraints (applies only to gold mine)

Which is why there was no issue with extra XP being awarded when using Weak Point Poitions.
    Which is also why Weak Point Potions didn't have to get nerfed first, then completely replaced.
    Which is why the rebalanced WPP didn't bugs for nearly 2 months on the Test server.
    Which is also why Ranged Support wasn't deactivated from the shop for a full month.

Sure.
    Nothing to see here. An intern can do that.

BUT NOT ADD A FRICKEN ZERO???
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 23.07.14 at 00:26.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
    - There is no delete option for a currently running build. What happens if someone puts on 250 crossbow men and then changes their mind. This is more than 8 hours of build time. Players will then be moaning about that and their lost resources.
    You do that ONCE, then you learn from it.
    Lowlevels won't accidentally spend 2500 Crossbows, because they won't HAVE them, so it won't happen to them.

High level players my have to rebuild 5000-1000 troops PER DAY, which currently takes 15-20 minutes of clickfest.
    Their moaning doesn't matter?

- There is no reorder build option. If we lock people in to multiple 8 hour + builds will we be limiting their game access.
    And this is currently better as in: I have to cancel 800 stacks of 25 Recruits because I failed a block and lost cannons?

- How will being able to build max troops affect someone just starting out?
    Um, when I just started out, I could build 1 Recruit, because I didn't have more troops.
    I couldn't move the slider to the right, because my resources turned red.
    That will be different as in: how?

Will it be confusing and lead to them creating an army of unwanted troops? Will this ruin their experience and make them quit?
    Where on earth does a player "just starting out" get 250 Settlers, 1250 Brew and 2500 Bronze Swords from? I know I didn't have that style of resources until I had cleared out at least 5 sectors.
    As mentioned before, it took me nearly 1 week into the game until I could build enough troops to actually have something you'd call an "army" (and it was about 20 Recruits or so).
    You know, a lv1 Bronze Swordsmith doesn't even produce enough Bronze Swords for 1 Recruit per hour!
    If a lv3 player has 26000 cannons in their storage, then something else is wrong!

For low levels NOTHING will change except that there will be a bigger "red area" on the slider.

- Some people want a change, others couldnt care less and are happy with the limit being 25. Will the change upset them or how will affect their enjoyment of the game?
    Yeah, And some people couldn't care less about a new buff. You're REALLY straining the logic.
    The same logic can be applied to even correcting a typo in the patch notes...

- Will there be advantage to some players over others if this change is made? How will they react?
    It's just REMOVING a terribly, terribly FRUSTRATING clickfest. You're really, really walking on thin ice here.
    Dude, really. If they had put at least 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of a percent of that kind of thought into Weak Point Potions, of which the community even WARNED them once they were on test, they wouldn't have had to nerf, nerf, remove them.
    Do you seriously believe that they would have put up GOLD TOWERS as a reward for the Xmas event if they cared about game balance and new player's experience of the game so much?
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 23.07.14 at 01:06.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    All that said: Realistic expectations are that their developer have intern- levels qualifications, their customer support knows squat about the game and from management side, the entire game is about finding easy ways to milk lots of people for lots of real money without investing up front.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 23.07.14 at 01:13.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    +1 sharpieIein think im becoming a fan hahaha

World
    Newfoundland
    Bigbelly, it would be highly appreciated if you made it clear when things you are stating as facts are pure speculation on your part.

To set the record straight, Blue Byte is working on both titles with 2 dedicated teams. A new game is being released and there is no change for TSO.

This is not a game suggestion per se, so it will be moved to the appropriate section.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    1. I do not work for Blue Byte or even know anyone who does. Anything I say is speculation.
    2. The speculation that I have posted is based upon my own experiences working as a software developer for 20 years and from playing TSO for approximately 10 months.
    3. If I was Manager-A and I had a "dedicated team" working on this title, and they shipped content at the rate we are getting it, with the number of bugs we are seeing, I would have sacked them all by now.... or quit because I can't do my job.

Reply to Thread