Reply to Thread

Thread: help with my theory :P

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

help with my theory :P

my appologies if this is wrong place to ask this

if i am doing a fight with vet general and it takes 2 rounds to complete (tested on simulator alway a win)....would it be possible to block the camp i need to block with a mma general when the block lasts at least 5 rounds (tested on simulator 97% win chance in round 5)? or am i just crazy :P....i think as they fight at the same speed it should be possible in theory,would just like some thoughts as i know the standard blocking generals are the tavern ones.

there is about 6 step after the mma engages until vet engages i think thats 12 secs...
    i am not sure but at 20 sec per round i work out i have 60sec spare ?maybe 40 sec with the count down timer for the vet.
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 22.07.14 at 12:09.

World
    Sandycove
    [ Moved to Adventure Questions ]

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    there is about 6 step after the mma engages until vet engages i think thats 12 secs...
    i am not sure but at 20 sec per round i work out i have 60sec spare ?maybe 40 sec with the count down timer for the vet.
    For a general every 3 steps is about 10 seconds, so 6 steps would be at least 20 seconds. Don't forget that your general also has to leave its garrison and enter the bandits camp. Without seeing the exact setup of the camps, I wouldn't dare to answer your "Is it possible?" with a yes or a no

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    nope my theory is all wrong oh well
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 22.07.14 at 13:56.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    my appologies if this is wrong place to ask this

if i am doing a fight with vet general and it takes 2 rounds to complete (tested on simulator alway a win)....would it be possible to block the camp i need to block with a mma general when the block lasts at least 5 rounds (tested on simulator 97% win chance in round 5)? or am i just crazy :P....i think as they fight at the same speed it should be possible in theory,would just like some thoughts as i know the standard blocking generals are the tavern ones.

Just a few considerations:

Each round for the MMA general lasts 10 seconds and the countdown bar, in case of victory, will only last 10 more seconds, since the MMA has a static damage to the camp's HP of 450/500, while the camp has 250 hp.

Therefore, it's surely not the best way to block a camp, in such a case.

I'm going to do an analysis anyway, giving you some considerations:

1) Supposing that you have calculated the positions in the right way, the MMA general engages and, since the engagement, the veteran takes 6 steps to reach the leader, the whole time needed for the veteran general to start engaging is 6 flags * 3.3 seconds + 3.3 extra seconds to start the battle, that means 23,1 seconds to engage, which is NOT a lot, that's a quite strange case, I suppose that the camp is really close to the leader, else there probably is something wrong.

2) At this point, 23 seconds has already passed: supposing that the MINIMUM duration of the battle of the MMA is 5 rounds and that the battle is almost 100% victorius and that there are no probabilities of the battle to last less than 5 winning rounds, the veteran will need AT LEAST 1 cannoneer in his troup setup in order to make the countdown bar to go down in 10 seconds. Supposing that it has 1 cannoneer in its setup, the block will work ONLY if the battle of the veteran lasts a MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF 2 ROUNDS, that means 20 seconds + 10 seconds of countdown, which is 30 seconds added to the 23,1 seconds of the previous consideration (53,1 seconds globally). At this time (53,1 seconds), the MMA should have just won the battle on the camp and its countdown bar should be at about 1/3.

3) Please be aware that you need to consider the WORST case in such a situation, which is the case where the MMA does the most damage (500), which is the 80% of your cases. Use the graphics of the simulator to check what's the probability of a battle lasting N rounds and try to come up with some basic theorical statistics: that's the only way you have to be almost sure that your block will work.

In conclusion, if the theory about the steps is correct, the block above will work only if the battle of the MMA will last a minimum amount of 5 winning rounds and the veteran takes a maximum amount of 2 rounds of battle and has at least one cannoneer and another type of troup in its setup (minimal amount of damage inflicted by the cannoneer type: 120, general inflicts 120, camp has 250 HP unless it's a tower or something else, therefore, at the end of the battle, you will need alive at least 1 cannoneer and 1 kind of any other troup (perhaps better either soldiers or elite soldiers, please don't consider cavalry)). Of course, the block will not work if the leader camp type is a tower or any other special building but a regular camp and, moreover, the block won't work if the MMA is blocking a trap (it may work, but it's very risky).

Hope this helps you calculating any of your future blocks
    Last edited by bri0sheje; 23.07.14 at 09:03.

Reply to Thread