Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade mails not auto decilning

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Trade mails not auto decilning

Recently we had a lucky dip competition in our guild and also ran a guild pool to low level players get the floaters before they was removed from the guild shop.

As such I've sent trades to guild members who were at that time of day off line. Those trades did not time out. After a weeks observation I've concluded that those mails are only timing out at the instant those players open there mail boxes. We had one member who did log into game but did not access his mail and the trade I send him did not time out, it was only a day or so later when he opened his mail box that the mail timed out. As far as I can tell this has only been a problem since the end of the football event as trades sent out to donate footballs to lower level players behaved as normal.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    If the 8hrs has passed since you have sent the trade, by opening your own outbox in mail, it will trigger the auto decline.

Trade mails will not autodecline unless you either open the outbox, or the other person opens their mailbox after the 8hrs has passed. This is not new, has been how the new mail system has worked since it was implemented.
    Last edited by Kit_; 23.07.14 at 09:53. Reason: extra info

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    If the 8hrs has passed since you have sent the trade, by opening your own outbox in mail, it will trigger the auto decline.
    I don't think that work if that mail ain't one of the 50 mail in the outbox..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It is new , prior the the deactivation of the football event they was behaving as expected. Also due the the number of guild mails I send out those trades were outbox history.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry for the delayed reply, but wanted to test and be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I don't think that work if that mail ain't one of the 50 mail in the outbox..
    To test, I sent 2 trades to an inactive player one which the player would be able to accept, and one the player would not be able to accept. after the trades had been sent, I set up a further 50 direct trades to clear the original 2 trades from outbox. In addition to these 50 trades there were further trades in the next few hours probably equaling about 80 or 90 in total.

This morning at log in, the trades had not auto declined, this was expected behaviour for an inactive player trade. I clicked on outbox, waited for it to open properly, then closed mail interface, immediately after I received mail notification and the 2 trades were there.

In short, it would appear that no matter how many trades/messages you send after a trade, if the player is inactive and auto decline does not happen, opening the outbox triggers the decline. This is also true for adventure invites.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Log-20-02-2014 This is the changelog that allowed a manual trigger for expired trades from the senders side.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by minion79 View Post
    In short, it would appear that no matter how many trades/messages you send after a trade, if the player is inactive and auto decline does not happen, opening the outbox triggers the decline. This is also true for adventure invites.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Log-20-02-2014 This is the changelog that allowed a manual trigger for expired trades from the senders side.

Now it seems like a visit to the inactive player's island will also trigger the decline.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread