Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The joys of pvp

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    i got to IvI 46 then got aa guiIdy to get me IvI 50 i aIso cant stand doing adventures either

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Totally agree! I'm lvl 49 been playing just over a year, played most adventures and it is becoming so monotonous. Here's another suggestion for BB :

A new type of adventures : let's call them.. Mystery Adventures (or something..)

These adventures will have camps and traps with variable troops i.e. that will generate different troops every time you play the adventure. [the idea is that for every time you start the adv, you will have to plan what are the best troops to send, work out blocks on your own or best pathways, find traps... etc and all with no guide to follow blindly!]

The time limit for these adventure will short.

The rewards will be EPIC! (maybe even a certain building symbol that shows that you actually completed this M.adv)

[optional: can even randomise the location of camps]

these adv will also have difficulty grades

This way you won't be able to use any guide and you'll be actually going on a real adventure! (for a change) you will have to be strategic using the simulator and time management.

This is much more fun and a challenge than just repeating the same 'adventures' with same troops with the same guides with the same blocks with the same lootspots etc.........
    Last edited by Berno_s; 26.07.14 at 01:27.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    +1 berno been asked servaI times each time gets my vote

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    When I first joined TSO there was a lot of talk about PvP by Players and BB (Developers Diary) It was clear then it was coming. Our Buildings had (non working repair option) and there was a 'Help' flare to send to friends (also non working). This is actually something I wanted to see though i love the building element of the game and I started investing heavily into the game time, setting up a guild, buying gems. I have been extremely disappointed that an element of PvP has not yet been implemented and I am sure many others feel the same. So this was not meant to be a 'vegan store' and as far as I am aware they are working on their 'meat recipes'
    He forgot to do his research first, there's a reason I'm asking for facts and not opinions.

Like you said, there was talk about pvp at some point by the Developers and noone is asking for the raiding of islands and resources.. noone is even asking for forced pvp. Recommending that many games and not realizing you can have optional pvp means you should really take a good look around before you say anything.

Also, who says adding pvp would make this "another cookie cutter PvP"? That's just just another opinion.
    Don't even get me started on that flawed "vegan store" analogy..

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Casual PvP with opt-in is OK.
    Raiding islands is NOT OK.

The day they FORCE PvP on me is the day I quit.
    Seriously.

I work 70-100 hours a week, and with "work" I don't mean "Having Settlers in the browser open", but "work".
    Not gonna quit my job to prevent getting raided 24/7, rather quit playing the game.

I chose TSO after leaving another MMO for EXACTLY that reason. I hate getting pillaged while I work.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 27.07.14 at 14:31.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    yeah i Ieft evony because of same reason but im pretty sure that wont happen here

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Been giving this a fair bit of thought over the last couple of days. My conclusion is with the current game mechanics any defender with half an ounce of common sense will be unbeatable making PvP just a resource sink for attackers with no potential gain.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Ok let's extrapolate a scenario whereby PvP is not compulsory and is based on a separate island which will not affect your home island.

Assume the following:-

Level 50 player has 5000 troops
    Level 40 player has 2000 troops
    Level 20 player has 500 troops

Also assume that

Level 50 player has 4 times the resources of a level 40 player
    Level 40 player has 8 times the resources of a level 20 player
    that means the Level 50 player has 12 times the resources of a level 20 player

And then assume that there are 50 active players with 20 players at level 50, 10 players at level 40 and 20 players at level 20.

Finally assume that 50% of the active players wants to PvP

Now the scenarios.

Scenario 1

If players of equal level fight against each other. No problem both attacker and defender accepts the fight

Scenario 2

If level 50 player attacks and a level 40 player defends. 75% chance that level 40 player will accept the fight. Because the level 40 player hopes to use better tactics to win the fight. If he fails all he needs to do is ignore or decline the next fight to rebuild.

If level 40 player attacks and a level 50 player defends. 100% chance that level 50 player will accept the fight. Because the level 50 player has more resources, more troops, more generals to win the fight.

Scenario 3

If level 50 player attacks and a level 20 player defends. 25% chance or less that the level 20 player will accept.
    Same goes for level 40 player versus a level 20 player. This is due to lack of resources, troops and generals to rebuild.

Vice versa if level 20 player attacks a level 50 or 40 player. 100% of acceptance by the level 50 and level 40 player. It most probably will be a sure win fight.

So,

Scenario 1, no problem at all it is a fair fight. But we are talking about 10 out of 20 players fighting PvP

Scenario 2, still no problem there is some risk and the lower level player. The pool of players is larger but still 15 players fighting PvP and there is a chance that some might drop out if they keep losing (just because they ran out of resources to rebuild)

Scenario 3, still not a problem at all. The risk will be very high but some players are crazy. The pool of PvP players raises up 25 but again some might drop out if they keep losing.

So with my very conservative assumption, sooner or later the pool of players that are PvPing will drop. What will happen next?

I predict that active PvPers will complain about the lack of people to fight and request for compulsory PvPing.

Another more farfetched prediction would be that PvPers would request that the home islands be included in PvPing and that it will be approved.

This is what I fear and what I do not want at all as I mentioned that I have had enough of PvPing from evony and other PvP games.

I apologize if my point is unclear.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Lord Thomas, I started the thread saying it would be great a pvp mode, but the day it would become compulsory I suppose I'd quit also. I like TSO because I have not to worry on my island being attacked, it's a game I can play at my leisure, skip some days if I am not in the mood. I wish for pvp to break the monotony of playing always the same adventures, some sort of battle where I would have to think a little, devise a strategy, instead of brainlessly following a guide.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    i wouId never condone pvp being taken to home isIand and wouId be strongIy against it thats one thing that wouId ruin the game, main reason im for pvp coming is because of the new pIayers it wouId bring into the game {if done correctIy} which in turn wouId mean more money and who knows maybe get these bugs and other game suggestions fixed/impIemented quicker, aIso they couId buiId on the fighting side doesnt need to be Iike it is couId be compIetIy different in terms of new buiIdings that couId change how strong ur type of troop are and new troops, their are Iots of things they can do, if it doesnt affect non pvp pIayers then i dont see a probIem, just if and when they do it i wouId Iike it so both partys are for it took me a whiIe to come up with the 6 points i mentioned earIier in the post but i think that wouId at Ieast be fair 2 both partys on the subject

Reply to Thread