Reply to Thread

Thread: Something is still wrong with population count

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Something is still wrong with population count

I am pretty OCD and I hate to see the red flashing number telling me I have no free settlers. So, I arrange things so that when my army is fully filled out (7350 units) and all the mines are built including the bonus iron one from my skilled geologists, I have 12 Settlers spare at my pop limit of 7700. Recently I noticed that this number had changed despite everything being full, I only had 11. The next day I only had 10 and the day after that it went down to 9. I hadn't placed any new buildings in that time. Tonight, I placed a new Gold tower and as expected the number of free settlers has changed. Except that it's gone up. I now have 14 free after everything is placed. My island is pretty carefully tuned so adding or removing a new building isn't something that happens without me paying attention.

What gives?

World
    Sandycove
    Could this being fixed last maintenance lead to the numbers you now see?

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    GENERAL MODIFICATIONS AND BUGFIXES

• Collectible items used workers until they were collected

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think so as I also collect all the collectibles as soon as they become available. In any case between yesterday (23rd) and today the count has changed upwards after placing a new building.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same issue here. Colls shouldn't be the problem here.
    The only things I could imagine messing it up are mines (or water wells) I tear down, either because they are short of ore or because I want to get rid off a deposit..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 24.07.14 at 23:38.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    This morning, all collectibles gathered, number of troops the same, all mines built and no new buildings placed overnight. Number of spare settlers: 7. I don't use wells so the only self-removing buildings on my island are mines.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    http://imgur.com/Dbk3S6o

The above image shows that I have two licences free. I keep one licence free for the same OCD reasons as I mentioned in the first post so I have one unbuilt mine. I have 10 unemployed settlers which will be 8 when I build the missing Iron Mine and replace the one missing Recruit. As you can see I have no current adventures so no settlers off the island. No collectables either so the issue mentioned by Fexno can't be the case and nothing in my build queue so no buildings waiting for settlers. This morning, with all buildings present, I had 7 unemployed settlers, last night it was 14 under exactly the same conditions. I don't use wells so there will be no settlers freed up from wells expiring.
    Last edited by IainC; 25.07.14 at 20:40.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    http://i.imgur.com/1AfriwN.png

In the image above, I have two missing buildings - one iron mine and one coal mine. When they are built I will have 7 unemployed Settlers. As you can see, I have nothing in my build queue, no collectibles to gather and no adventures going on. I haven't built any new buildings since the other screenshot apart from replacing depleted mines (which are reflected in the building licence count). Somehow my unemployed settler count has changed despite no change in total number of buildings.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    http://i.imgur.com/QlqSx7V.png

And here, no missing buildings, no active adventures, same number of military units. 8 unemployed settlers.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    http://i.imgur.com/i0Uto3W.png

Here's another one, no missing buildings, no active adventures, no collectibles to collect, same number of military units. 24 unemployed settlers.

In this case I have changed some things around although the total number of buildings is the same. I started upgrading four farms from level 5 to 6. Then I took down four silos replacing them with two farms and two improved silos. These are all upgrading but already have settlers in them. I kept the number of building licences the same by swapping noble houses built from the build menu for nobles from the merchant. Nothing has changed the number of settlers needed for buildings however - and even if for some reason we assume that buildings that are upgrading don't count for employed settlers (which I don't believe is the case), there are only 8 buildings currently upgrading which would mean my unemployed settler count should be 16 instead of 24.

Reply to Thread