View Poll Results: Do you agree with this post?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 13.16%
  • No

33 86.84%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion / complaint! Granite!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Suggestion / complaint! Granite!!!

Hi TSO Developers,
    I have a complaint for you which can be turned into a suggestion : Granite is a very important resource for developing buildings beyond level 3, and for other things aswell. It is, however, almost impossible to obtain. When geologists are sent out, you are lucky if they find any granite at all, and if they do, it is only 10/11/ or at most 30. Even in adventure won resources, you only get granite VERY rarely. Several of the members of my guild (KaM) were discussing this, and several of the others said that they had done 6/7 adventures and not once had granite, or that since the football event, there had been no granite found by members' geologists or adventures. For such an important and, indeed, vital resource - surely this is not good enough?

Please would it be possible to have this problem rectified? I think granite needs to become more easily and more regularly found, and in greater volume. I hope that anyone who agrees with me will chip in to this thread!

Many thanks
    Beanbean12 (KaM)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    People always complain they don't get granite from adventure drops. Such people have limited knowledge of probability and are unaware of confirmation bias. Look it up

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't agree. If it becomes easily available it will be how the gold coin is now and have a bad effect on the market. With the introduction of gold towers the gold coin value has dropped badly.

I have 21 explorers and find plenty of granite by the way.

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't agree either, if it were too eaily obtainable it would as PChamps say affect the market badly, and also we wouldn't have much to "work" for in the game. Getting granit for upgrades is an achievement of it's own imo, besides I too have enough explorers to get me the granit I need that way.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I've had dry streaks of as much as 50 adventures in a row - and that on Dark Priest, where Granite is a 50% chance!

Yet, now as a Level 50, I am sitting on a pile of 100k Granite and all buildings I care for are upgraded. I have even completed the "Lots of Weapons" quest, which requires a lv2 Cannon Forge and a Lv2 Crossbowsmith.

Can't say that Granite is "too rare". Just takes some time to collect.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 27.07.14 at 14:33.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanbean View Post
    Hi TSO Developers,
    I have a complaint for you which can be turned into a suggestion : Granite is a very important resource for developing buildings beyond level 3, and for other things aswell. It is, however, almost impossible to obtain. When geologists are sent out, you are lucky if they find any granite at all, and if they do, it is only 10/11/ or at most 30. Even in adventure won resources, you only get granite VERY rarely. Several of the members of my guild (KaM) were discussing this, and several of the others said that they had done 6/7 adventures and not once had granite, or that since the football event, there had been no granite found by members' geologists or adventures. For such an important and, indeed, vital resource - surely this is not good enough?

Please would it be possible to have this problem rectified? I think granite needs to become more easily and more regularly found, and in greater volume. I hope that anyone who agrees with me will chip in to this thread!

Many thanks
    Beanbean12 (KaM)
    Maybe if you invested in explorers and sent then out on Very long searches or obtained loot spots in the adventures which are known to be good for granite drops or brought a Granite pit you would have more of the Granite you desire.

My explorers bring back on average 2k a week, yesterday from 5 loot spots I obtained 6.9k.

To get what you want you have to put in the effort.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I can agree in one thing, the drop rate from adventures has dropped significantly. For my part to 0 from at least 30 loots in the last couple of weeks, which made me do adventures I had long forgotten which also has larger statistic drop rate. I had no luck with getting the most wanted granite though.
    My best geuss is that luck has nothing to do with it. I have been playing this game since the football event before last and I think I know how it works by now. It seems to me that it might be easier to sell the new granite pits if people stop getting as much from adventures.
    I'm a long time lvl 50 player and have build up a strong economy, I bought all the explorers and I don't really need more upgrades, used my real life money too btw, so I don't have a big problem myself. But I hope for those half way that BB change drop rates, or they will make it even harder for those who can't or won't use their real money on playing. We can of course only suggest it but if they don't they might as well stop calling it a free game.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by banirak View Post
    I can agree in one thing, the drop rate from adventures has dropped significantly. For my part to 0 from at least 30 loots in the last couple of weeks, which made me do adventures I had long forgotten which also has larger statistic drop rate. I had no luck with getting the most wanted granite though.
    My best geuss is that luck has nothing to do with it. I have been playing this game since the football event before last and I think I know how it works by now. It seems to me that it might be easier to sell the new granite pits if people stop getting as much from adventures.
    I'm a long time lvl 50 player and have build up a strong economy, I bought all the explorers and I don't really need more upgrades, used my real life money too btw, so I don't have a big problem myself. But I hope for those half way that BB change drop rates, or they will make it even harder for those who can't or won't use their real money on playing. We can of course only suggest it but if they don't they might as well stop calling it a free game.
    I'll suggest too to be more balance between players which donate and which doesn't .
    But .. don't forgot ! BB want our money , so will never be correct for both parts .

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by banirak View Post
    It. Is. All. Luck.

As I mentioned, I had a dry streak of 50+ Dark Priests last Christmas, but ever since ... can't complain. Not great, not terrible. Within the odds.

I had days where I did 5-6 lootspots and got 100% granite. It's all luck.
    No chances have dropped. Best of what I can say is "streaky random".
    Ref. "Confirmation bias", to which you were already pointed.

That doesn't mean anything. How many adventures have you done?
    Hint:
    To confirm with at least a 95% certainty whether a granite rate of 50% has actually dropped to 45% or below, you must do at least 377 aventures.
    Put differently, if you do 45 adventures, your hypothesis of "The granite rate has dropped to 45% or below" will be wrong with a 50% probability!

Again, let me challenge you to this one simple thing, not based on player level, but based on mathematics:
    - Have you taken EXACT notes of each adventure you completed and the rewards?
    - Have you done at least 300 adventures before and after, and does the distribution really look different?

Even then, we all know the Random Number Generator in TSO appears to be very streaky, so if you just ran an "unfortunate streak" your data would still not be any proof, just evidence and it may only be hinting at the poor quality of the RNG, not of the numbers behind it!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    That said, I do not defend Bluebyte in anything or advocate that they should actually make Granite harder to obtain: I don't.
    But I disagree with 2 notions:

a) That Granite should be so plentiful that every player has enough within half a year or so - it would destroy the entire game's long term drive.
    b) That Bluebyte tinkered with Granite Drop Rates to sell more Granite Pits - since there is no proof for that.

Reply to Thread