Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update "Travelling Erudite"

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

Update "Travelling Erudite"

Now that we have 3x-Speed Explorers that bring back buffs with a high probability on EVERY search, and usually quite useful buffs at that (all x3 or better) - it's about time that the Skill "Travelling Erudite" gets updated.

Just compare:
    Lucky Explorers give you buffs quite often, for free, on every search.
    Travelling Erudite is a top skill, requiring an investment of 30 Science Books, and has a chance to return single FISH PLATTERS - or Solar Flares, or or or ...
    The only reason to get Travelling Erudite is for a slim chance to receive a Rainbow snow (about once a week), the rest is pretty much discardible.
    And Travelling Erudite requires investing a lot of books into skills that the Explorer will not even be using (reduced time for treasure searches / adventures / better loot from treasure searches yada yada).

Suggestion:
    Update the "Traveling Erudite" skill:
    Turn it into EXACTLY the same special that Lucky Explorers already have: 50% chance to return a buff from the same list that LE's use, on EVERY search conducted by the Explorer.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Have you forgotten that Erudite and Lucky's don't find the same buffs.

My usage of Lucky's would indicate that the longer the search the higher the chance of them bringing back a buff.

Sorry but I'm strongly against what you suggest.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    ^^ what Dorotheus said... in Spades!

Though I do agree that Travelling Erudite bringing back single platters/sandwiches/baskets should be changed...
    ...at least give us stacks of 25 of those three for <insert diety of choice here>'s sake!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Have you forgotten that Erudite and Lucky's don't find the same buffs.
    No I haven't forgotten that, else why should I have mentioned it?
    Yea, I know, the Lucky's can't find Solar Flares and stuff, but seriously - why do you want to spend 30 books in order to find a buff worth 1 fish in the shop?

My usage of Lucky's would indicate that the longer the search the higher the chance of them bringing back a buff.
    Why does it matter? It's not like with the Erudite, you'd have a choice.
    Shouldn't you?

Sorry but I'm strongly against what you suggest.
    You are STRONGLY against Travelling Erudite being a useful skill? Why would that be?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I feel befuddled.

Am I the only player who doesn't need Cheese Sandwiches, Solar Flares and Sandman Powder?
    Who would prefer a Damascene Hammer or Fermentation Accelerator towards a Solid Sandwich or Fish Platter?
    Who thinks a Stadium Snack or Zombie is better than a Pasta Blowl or Roat Duck?

Maybe if someone clues me in what I do so wrong in this game, I'll understand
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 28.07.14 at 00:18.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I need Sandman Powder

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    OK,
    willing to adjust my suggestion:

1) Replace the "trash" buffs (Solar Flare, Fish Platter, Triangle Sandwich, Solid Sandwich) with the common buffs from the Lucky Explorer - Gold Fever, Damascene Hammer, Employee of the Month, Mother Tree Ritual.
    2) Add chances to find Zombie and Stadium Snack.
    3) Make the Erudite also find buffs when hunting for regular treasure.

Still opposed?

World
    Newfoundland
    I have a Lucky Explorer fully trained into that tree and today he returned with TWO RAINBOWS, yes, that was TWO RAINBOWS!!

I don't see your problem
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    You're lucky. But that wasn't so special because of the Travelling Erudite, but because of the Lucky Explorer himself.

So you're saying because there is a 1:500 chance for 2x Rainbow Snow (which translates to approximately 10 coins per search) is worth investing 30 books, where people are willing to go out on a limb to obtain this skill?

On Northisle pay 6000 coins for RBN, which has a 5% chance to get 2x Codex - so effectively, it costs roughly 500k coins to buy the adventures to get 1x Erudite and then - yay, you have an average of 10 coins per search! Yay!

Not to forget that without investing any Codexes (only 6 Manuscripts) you can find an average 12 Granite per search, so effectively, you're selling 12 Granite for 10 coins.

No problem, really, it's a "get rich quick" scheme ... lol

Oh, plus let's not forget: Those who got Erudite before Lucky Explorers came out CAN'T get double rainbows without spending another 1500 gems.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 28.07.14 at 14:59.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    No I haven't forgotten that, else why should I have mentioned it?
    Yea, I know, the Lucky's can't find Solar Flares and stuff, but seriously - why do you want to spend 30 books in order to find a buff worth 1 fish in the shop?

Why does it matter? It's not like with the Erudite, you'd have a choice.
    Shouldn't you?

You are STRONGLY against Travelling Erudite being a useful skill? Why would that be?
    Please stop twisting everything I said.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread