Reply to Thread

Thread: Misleading description - Granite pit

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Misleading description - Granite pit

Finally the new granite pit has arrived, after coming, then disappearing, then finally arriving Unfortunately not as good as I hoped for However my post is about the misleading descriptions the merchant not the building itself. As a conscious player that spends real money on gems, I like to research new buildings etc. on the test server and forums before I spend my real money on them.

As many of you will know the new granite pit costs nearly 2000 gems and has 3000 granite deposit in it. It is refillable, but also collapses when empty (make sure you don't let it run dry as it will be useless afterwards - I think), you also cannot return it to the star menu. Unfortunately the 3000 granite deposit will only produce you 1000 granite (not particularly great for users - but balances cost of omni seed refills). The problem being that this is not clearly defined in the merchant descriptions.

"Contains 3,000 units of granite but consumes 3 deposit units per upgrade level"

This is misleading, nowhere in the description, in the merchant, does it tell you that it will only produce 1000 granite (unbuffed). Also it contains 3,000 units of granite deposit NOT granite.

This image is from the test server a while back and although the information is different (and wrong as it is from the bug section), it is very clear and you would expect to get 1250 granite from the granite pit.

I would not be surprised if some new and even a couple older players (that may not be in guilds or read the forums) to the game have not realised that the new granite pit will only provide 1000 granite. I would be less surprised to hear that some have found this out the hard way after spending 1975 gems.

I think the description should read clearly that the granite pit "Produces 1000 granite from 3000 granite deposit".

There is already a thread about misleading descriptions here(when spending gems), but felt this deserved it's own thread because of the greater expense.

Please comment about whether or not you agree the merchant description is misleading - If you want to comment on the actual granite pit and it's value, comment on the feedback thread for it here.

World
    Newfoundland
    It's yet another HUGE effort to explain to players this is a FREE game , DO NOT spend cash on gems cos they are hardly ever worth it

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Firstly I hope no one ever buys one of these to show the devs how much time they wasted developing one of the worst introductions to this game. Secondly there are misleading descriptions all over the place, BB use the excuse because they are not English and descriptions get muddled in translation is a very poor excuse.

This is another epic fail...

Reply to Thread