Closed Thread

Thread: failed to upgrade to level 5 in a week - lost gems.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Angry failed to upgrade to level 5 in a week - lost gems.

hi there.

Monday 14th of July, i left for holiday for 3 weeks. before i left, i set my endless copper mine and my bookbinder to upgrade from level 4 to level 5. after 2 weeks of unable to check my island, today Wednesday 30th of July, is the first time i can login back into the game, from a computer in my hotel. after logging in, i noticed that after 2 weeks, my bookbinder is still on 40% upgrading percentage and my endless copper mine on 66% completion. also, i have several gem-pits, collected the last 2 years. the moment i left i had 6 active gem-pits on my island. which generate 20k gems over 1 month. (6 months for 1 gem-pit to generate 20k gems \ 40k a year). after today's login, i noticed i only have 3000 gems, instead of 10k+. somehow, somewhere in the past 2 weeks, upgrading and production stopped somehow?! i don´t know what is going on, but i find it a terrible inconvenience, that my home island is not what it should be. that is; completed upgrade to level 5 for my endless copper mine and my bookbinder, as well 10k gems manufactured by my gem-pits. i would like to know what is going on here and also if there is a way to speed things up. i.e. complete the upgrade from the back-end?

- perhaps the ending of the football-event had anything to do with it?
    - first login after 2 weeks on my android phone with Photon Browser app.
    - after weird numbers on my phone i checked a pc with windows xp, via Chrome, to notice the numbers my phone showed me, were ´correct´. i have the same numbers on my screen with the pc. the numbers are not correct obviously, like stated above.

does anyone else have similar issues, perhaps in the past?
    i also have send a ticket to support, to get a clear answer on this issue. will update when i get a respond.

hope to hear from the community or from a BB-employee.

regards,

sdofmsdf

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have you not answered this yourself? First login after 2 weeks... If you leave your island for more than 24 hours and no one visits everything pauses right. I am not sure about upgrades but this would be the reason the gem pits stopped.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Have you not answered this yourself? First login after 2 weeks... If you leave your island for more than 24 hours and no one visits everything pauses right. I am not sure about upgrades but this would be the reason the gem pits stopped.
    Same for upgrades.

Also I think the visitor need to (on daily basis) buff a building to really make sure the island won't shut down.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    im sure that gempits wont stop producing after 24 hours. only the login-bonus fails to continue. all other production should continue. i have been logged out more than once for over 24 hours, and all productions happily carried on during periods of days being logged-out. it is not the reason everything stops. it shouldn´t stop. it´s like my island has been stopped in time about 2 weeks ago. whilst other productions, like wood, marble, iron, fish etc continued to produce.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Why isn't
    (a) two people telling you how the game works
    (b) the evidence before your own eyes that that is how the game works

enough to convince you that that is how the game works?

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Newfoundland
    ALL production stops if logged out for 24hrs or more, this includes upgrades. IF someone visits you before the 24hrs is up, it resets the clock , this may account for previous times when your island has kept producing. If you go away for any amount of time and want your island to continue producing/upgrading, then you need to organise with a friend to regularly visit your island, everyday. Otherwise it all shuts down.

World
    Sandycove
    If no one visits/buffs your island in 48hrs production and upgrades stop. ( This is why your upgrade is at 40% or three days ish for a lvl 5 upgrade ) If you do not log in in 24hrs your daily bonus is reset, I think this is where some confusion arises
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Ahhh ok, Thank you for the feedback. I was not aware that all productions stopped, including upgrades and gempits. I'm now a bit wiser
    I guess i got my question answered and this topic can be closed. Thanks again for the informative feedback

Closed Thread