Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another co-op bug?

World
    Northisle

Another co-op bug?

I have played a number of Tomb Raiders over the weekend, but with one of them I ended up a bit unfortunate as my blocking general has landed on different part of the island as the others. I was invited as player no 3 and all my fast gens landed on the "right side" of the island. Unlike my slow one which has landed where player no 1 lands usually. If I remember correctly I was moving troops at the time the slow gen supposed to land, but managed to capture the below image:

Of course I have had to send additional troops as I was unable to move my general back to my side of the island, but even more shockingly I got the following answer from support:
    [ removed ]

I do understand random, but how can I land on two different sides of the island?

Hello Pikel,

It is not allowed to copy paste your exchange with Support as can be read in the rules
    The reply from Support indicated that the problem Pikel reported was working as intended.

Regards,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 05.08.14 at 17:48.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is functioning as intended, which side of the island you land on is relatively random.
    It's not random. What LZ you'll get depends on when you accept the invitation, compared to other participants.
    Try contact support again and tell them that.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    To expand on what SmurfAsh said - That whole response from Support is just... wrong.

Paraphrasing: The landing zones on Co-ops are not random and one player is not meant to end up on two separate parts of the island. Something clearly did not work like it was supposed to.

Whilst there is a distinct difference, no mention of an expiring invite in your case, it may be worth noting this instance of an incorrect landing zone as well:
    Quote Originally Posted by smellone View Post
    When the invites reset a new 3rd player was invited, but he landed on the same part of the island as me
    That one seems a little more complicated but since it's there.

Quick thought - Any chance you can send the rogue Gen home and back again? Or was that tried in the other attempts to shift him.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 05.08.14 at 16:32.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Quick thought - Any chance you can send the rogue Gen home and back again? Or was that tried in the other attempts to shift him.
    I have only tried to move over to my landing unsuccessfully and in the interest of speed I did not try to move him back and forth just sent replacement troops with fast gens and they landed on the correct side. Could have moved him anywhere within landing zone 1, but none of the others.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Iolanthe, I've tried sending back 'rogue' generals for the other co-op problem (once they've landed they can't move to any other LZ, they're stuck where they land), and that just made them even worse, couldn't land them again at all. Seems to be an even worse problem than the missing LZs on the Euro adventures, still unfixed, even though the cause of that one is well-known. Looks like whenever Devs re-use old event maps like Easter, Euro etc..., some flags get messed up.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Pikel, I have checked your ticket and have reported your issue. My suggestion is to try and actually explain things to support if you do require their help. The forum is a good place to discuss and report bugs also, but please, don't be shocked by support not understanding your problem considering your ticket had one sentence only.

Everyone, it is very good to post issues here, but please, explain issues just as extensively to support if you require their assistance. That being said, this is indeed a bug and it has been reported.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    ......... but please, don't be shocked by support not understanding your problem considering your ticket had one sentence only.
    Love your response Ravell.
    Just remember its a PEGI 7 game so some of the people support encounter are probably only 7 but may have the mental capacity of a 4 year old

World
    Northisle
    Hi BB_Ravel,

I thought the image and the explanation I sent in was to speak for itself. I have sadly mistaken. Will try to do a better job next time.
    That being said, thank you very much for your assistance.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Cheers Nogbad, so when he goes lumbering off somewhere he shouldn't probably wise to leave him be as much as possible. Shifts within the zone aside.

...but please, don't be shocked by support not understanding your problem considering your ticket had one sentence only.
    Hi Ravel,

There is nothing a player could have included or omitted in a ticket that would make the statement 'landing zones on co-op advs are random (relatively or otherwise)' accurate. Unless something has changed very very recently landing zones are related to invitations, not a random number generator.

If the image Pikel posted above is the same one sent and it came through Support-side one look would be all it should take to see plainly something is not working as intended.

Everyone, it is very good to post issues here, but please, explain issues just as extensively to support if you require their assistance.
    This is excellent and fair advice. It is equally fair to say - It's well known Support are often backlogged and very busy but when they are confused or feel they don't quite understand a problem asking for more information from a player is going to be quicker, more consistently helpful, and less frustrating on all sides, than providing a possibly completely inaccurate response which then needs to be backtracked and sorted.

There has long been a tendency here in TSO to lay most difficulties at the feet of players and while that is sometimes appropriate, we certainly can be a handful, even when we're not 7 with a mental capacity of 4 (really Fishslice?) it isn't always. In a number of cases simply allowing a mistake was made and correcting it is far preferable to any other alternative.

The aim here is not to point fingers, but to get everyone working on the same side without feeling like there's a need to point fingers. From either side.

Glad the wandering Generals have been reported, again, as a bug and Pikel - My apologies for putting you more or less in the middle here but I really do feel this is a point worth making in general.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikel View Post
    Hi BB_Ravel,

I thought the image and the explanation I sent in was to speak for itself. I have sadly mistaken. Will try to do a better job next time.
    That being said, thank you very much for your assistance.
    Pikel, not to say that the issue wasn't self explanatory from the screen shot. Just every little bit of information can help with an investigation. We are all human and we can all miss things (took me looking at the pic a bit before I noticed the problem, honest). As we are all working towards the same purpose (getting things sorted), we should just try to offer as many details as possible when reporting something.

Thank you very much for understanding!

Reply to Thread