Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Explorer Buffs

World
    Northisle

Thumbs up Lucky Explorer Buffs

I love my Luckies- they are a great addition to the game, making the rarer buffs more available without affecting the basic gameplay. But please, please, could BB seriously consider adding Medipacks to their list of possible finds? There is no doubt that this would be well received, and would make a very-difficult-to-come-by buff more available. As this buff is only usable on adventures, it would not notable affect anyone's gameplay nor give certain people an unfair advantage, as excess ones would be sold in TO in the same way as any other buff or resource.

Thanks!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Good idea !! i second the motion

World
    Newfoundland
    Excellent idea, would love to be able to get more medipacks, has always seemed strange to me to have a tutorial quest showing you how to use one, but no way to get them in game except buying the spares the new players put on sale from completing that one quest.

World
    Newfoundland
    Although I like the idea of medipacks being available within the game, I think it would need to be done right (very very rare drops). Seeing as we now have the MMA, couple him with medipacks, I can see that getting abused.

edit: Unless they just make the medipacks not useable on the MMA

World
    Newfoundland
    or only allowed to be used once per adventure like the other adventure only buffs. Ideal for getting that emergency heal when time is running short.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    or only allowed to be used once per adventure like the other adventure only buffs. Ideal for getting that emergency heal when time is running short.
    +1
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Yea, how is for the powers that be to decided, the bottom line is limitations. You cant have an MMA used with medipacks if medipacks are as common as red flying settlers. We would be back at the point where nukes where used and BB need to act to fix the balance again.

World
    Northisle
    Agreed, the discovery percentage chance should be only 1-3% as it would only be of real value without tipping the game too far if it remains quite rare.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Actually, I don't even see the problem with making medipacks usable on the MMA as often as you want, as long as they're not all too common.

Supply and demand would do the rest.

Imagine that Medipack prices settle at 500 coins. That would allow you to do adventures like Mother Love with very little troop losses "near instant", but at a cost of 3500 coins. Broken? As in: how?
    I can imagine that the price of Medipacks would settle to create an economic equilibrium:
    (Adventures complete with Medipacks)*(Loot value - Cost of Medipacks) = (Adventures complete without Medipack) * (Loot Value)
    That said, the equilibrium will be determined by the most-played adventure where the Medipack is most valuable.

In fact, we have Assassins, Rain of Arrows - and Medipacks would just become the low-level version thereof: Significantly less flexible, significantly less powerful, but available to everyone.

Wouldn't that be great?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Actually, I don't even see the problem with making medipacks usable on the MMA as often as you want, as long as they're not all too common.
    Agree.

I would not limit it at all, and if some limit should be present it could be 1 use per general, instead of 1 use for the whole adventure.

Reply to Thread