Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] 27 Island of the Pirates in a Day

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

[Guide] 27 Island of the Pirates in a Day

Island of the Pirates LOOT every 28 minutes.

NO BLocks, NO General Transfers, NO Landing Positioning, NO Troop Diversity, NO Troop Loading, NO Troop Unloading,
    NO Loot Spots...

No picture required as it's a linear map.

Take: VET1 (250R), VET2 (250R), MMA (220R)
    Loss: About 450R (Variations available below)

1. Send VET (any) to L1 (Bandit Leader #1)
    2. Send VET (other) to L2
    3. Send MMA to L3 once a Vet has passed L1

That's it!

HOW: My current population at 5500 limits me to doing around 27 of these in a day. I keep 4x buff on barracks while
    awake and then 3x buff on barracks while asleep. I use 2 MMA's and 4 VETS and cycle them in 2 teams. As soon as
    IOTP is completed you start a new one right away and send next team. As a level 50 I make sure I do atleast 22 of
    these which earns me enough Star Coins for another 1 day premium.

WHY: I wanted something dead simple both in action and in mind. It suits well if you have distractions around you
    or like me who prefers to work on the home island primarily. IOTP can be purchased from merchant cheap which suits
    players like me that have their explorers skilled for treasure search. IOTP also had all the loot types I wanted,
    Granite at a nice 50% odds, large iron refill, and occasional gold refill and Motherly Love adventure (which I do
    about 18 in a day once accumulated, losing only Recruits as well).

VARIATION 1:

Take: MMA1 (220R), MMA2 (220R)
    Loss: About 350R

1. Send MMA (any) to L1 (Bandit Leader #1)
    2. Send MMA (other) to L2
    3. Once both MMA's have returned, merge troops into one MMA and send to L3

* This is slower but with fewer losses. It's one of my favorites actually when I don't have that alpha burst of
    troops available. Remember to refill any extra Recruits into other MMA so they come home faster.

VARIATION 2:

Take: MMA (220R), VET (250R)
    Loss: About 350R

1. Send MMA to L2 (Bandit Leader #2)
    2. Once he returns then send MMA to L1 (He has enough troops still don't worry, keep it simple)
    3. Refill MMA with troops from VET and send to L3

* This is the slowest but only needs 1 MMA. Remember to refill any extra Recruits back into VET so they come home
    faster.

VARIATION 3:

Take: MMA (220R), MMA (220R), VET (250R), VET (250R)
    Loss: About 400R

1. Send MMA (any) to L3 (Bandit Leader #3)
    2. Send MMA (other) to L3 (Bandit Leader #3)
    3. Send VET (any) to L1
    4. Send VET (other) to L2

* This is my absolute favorite to do when I'm not trying to complete 27 in a day. I will go into more detail with this one as I like it so much. When you are on your Island and you see on adventure clock that your Generals should be arriving by now, then Visit IOTP. As they are zoning in (%...) start searching for collectables (if any). Once you have found all your collectables, the Generals are also finished setting up. You then just send all 4 Generals out one right after another to their destination. That's it! Let them get intercepted and bounced around any way they want. Go back to your Island and continue what you were doing. You will know when the adventure is complete once you see 3 "Battle report"'s in your Email. There is also no need to reload any stray recruits back onto Generals with this variation. You just set them and forget them.

VARIATION 4:

Take: MMA1 (220R), MMA2 (220R), MG (270C)
    Loss: About 325R

1. Send MG to the very first "Bandit camp (easy)"
    2. Wait until MG is engaged in combat
    3. Send MMA (any) to L1 (Bandit Leader #1)
    4. Send MMA (other) to L2
    5. Once both MMA's have returned, merge troops into one MMA and send to L3

* I've been doing this variation for the past 15 days. Why am I doing this when Variation 3 is the smoothest, no fuss way possible? It's because I have switched from the alpha burst of doing 27+ a day to another method. It was also mentioned below by "BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA" and I fully agree so it must be added as a sustainable variation. The profit from doing IOTP was so good I decided to purchase a 30 Premium account and therefore a more effecient and sustainable approach was required. I work from home all day on the computer so flipping over to IOTP is straight forward enough even with this variation where we have to visit/attend to it a second time in order to complete. Yes, variation 3 is the sexiest but this variation 4 is in fact deceivingly simple in its own way...The MG never has to be refilled anywhere at anytime. Also, the 1st attack the MG makes on that first camp is right on your doorstep so is quickly dealt with allowing you to send both MMA's in good time. Perhaps some can share their techniques on getting their MG landing at the highest landing zone just below 1st camp.

NOTES:

Besides the major loot highlighted above, there's a lot more going on. 25% chance of Settlers as loot (450 on
    premium) which pays for the whole battle. Also bronze swords come in nicely which are used so much. Other loots
    such as long bows, steel swords and iron swords which I do not produce, now comes in and accumulates. Even Bows
    which I make 5K per day unbuffed (don't ask, long story) are still welcomed.

With Lucky Explores now in game, it provides a good income of the 4x Mr. Myers buffs for barracks when skilled for
    Artifact search. You can/should do the above WITHOUT the 4X buffs if you have a healthy population capacity.

A lot of collectables will show up and are easy to find on this map. If struggling, check behind large rock at
    right most position on map near top. Also behind large rock at top middle. Some other tricky hidding spots are
    behind the pine trees in middle of first zone.

If you are doing the original run using 2 teams of 1 MMA and 2 VETS in each and have Elite Soldiers taking up room,
    you can make use of them by placing 40 Elite Soldiers in each of the 4 VETS. They won't be harmed. So once again
    very simple. When VETS return simply leave the 40 Elite Soldiers on them and fill rest up with Recruits. When I
    came up with this system I killed off everything I had to make room for recruits except for 1 Elite Soldier and 189
    Cannons which I use for Motherly Love runs.

This guide is meant for absolute simplicity and bottom line earnings. You can tweak a little here and there by
    babysitting a couple of timings to perhaps gain a minute but that then takes away from ease of play. I usually
    return to my Island after sending both VETS and come back around 30 sec later and then send MMA off to L3.
    Would love to hear any ideas or additions to the above with keeping it simple in mind. Try a few runs, experience
    it to see just how light weight it really is in all that you don't need to concern yourself with compared to other
    adventuring.

Have Fun!

Motherly Love Update: There is some mixed and undecided info about pumpkin loot drops in adventures for this coming halloween but I suggest not taking any chances and save those adventures. I have 95 saved up so far and will have maybe around 150 or more by the time event arrives. You can easily do 15+ motherly loves a day losing only recruits so even a 1 day premium purchase is well worth it. This approach will allow you to then rebuild army if required, then do 15+ again in a day. It should also be easy enough to arrange with a good friend to pass loot to you who is on premium as you will be taking all the losses. I strongly suggest not to sell loot spots as even 1K gc is way under priced for what you can get on average from this on premium.

For lack of a better word/expression, the stars are aligned. We have not just 1 but 2 MMA's and an MG available. Combine that with IOTP's now available very cheap with unlimited supply, add then a pinch of Premium. These are the days so I say run with it.
    Last edited by Solzar; 19.09.14 at 02:41.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I just love this guide. I am doing 10-12 pirates a day with 2 vets and mma full of recruits, works wonders for a busy player who cant spend time looking at the generals walking or moving them, blocking and all this time consuming stuff Thanks for putting all the variations together

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's better to send one MMA and one BHG full of recruits and leave one MMA on the home island so that you can chain them, you have the troops ready to start the next immediately. You've let the cat out of the bag now! PS: you should credit the person with the original idea.
    Last edited by Baggis; 16.08.14 at 00:36.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Baggis. In the description of the original runs they are chained. You need 3 Generals for optimal speed on completing this adventure in the 28 minutes. You keep 1 MMA and 2 VETS at home. Once the other MMA and 2 VETS complete IOTP, you right away start a new one as noted above. This way as soon as adventure finishes your starting and sending new team right away. If you only send 2 Generals it takes much too long but if you have no choice then yes.

Also, I have never read this anywhere. All that I have written is original from what I have done. If someone has posted this before in any way it is pure coincidence which we can expect as it's very simple. I'm sure many players have tried something like this on their own but I wanted to post my experiences.

Thanks for feedback.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzar View Post

Take: VET1 (250R), VET2 (250R), MMA (220R)
    Loss: About 450R (Variations available below)

1. Send VET (any) to L1 (Bandit Leader #1)
    2. Send VET (other) to L2
    3. Send MMA to L3 once a Vet has passed L1

That's it!
    4 tries, losses so far: 510-550 rec
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    Try sending an Vet with 249 can Es to the first camp OR Major with 270 cav or MMA 220 cav.

This will cut your R loses by about 40 ish i think on an MMA and about 50 on the Vets.

I've been doing this but haven't been counting how many i can do in a day, think i might.

It's like you say it's good if you have other stuff on, like work, and want to play TSO at the same time.

The granite drop is mental too, have done around 20k of map frags worth of IotP and got just under 100k granite from it.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 17.09.14 at 04:39.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Newfoundland
    top gear fan

You need to stagger them so they don't get intercepted by the wrong camp. if Vet 2 makes a kill at a camp Vet 1 should be killing then Vet 2 will have less troops when he comes to make a kill at his designated camp, and therefore lose more troops than he should.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i think this has been great i grew so bored setting up blocks to the point almost quit... this has allowed me to just send whats needed send the 4 attacks and move on i average 14 a day as i have other stuff to do but first day i had 21k ore refills with the planned system change iron ore is going to come in handy also the granite is great..i was using he lazy 100 soliders plus 120 elites but loses proved too expensve.
    at mo i send 2 vets plus mma full of recruits ..plus a gen with 199 cav and 1 elite .. when they land i unload the cav and elite and put them on the mma and take out that first camp, then i send a vet with 250 r to the first leader another vet to the 2nd leader and finally the mma with 220 r to the final one...i lose around 350-400r but still big profits from all the drops

World
    Newfoundland
    thanks for the info was just trying to point out that losses arent as advertised
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i lose around 492 recruits if i dont use cav on the first camp

Reply to Thread