Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rain of Arrows: No loot from adventure

World
    Newfoundland
    they never know what will happen after maintenance.... wait to get tickets from player Tuesday early in the morning and then they know what changes they made

World
    Newfoundland
    To clear this up (and I apologise for the delay), according to my investigation of this issue, the only bug here is that a player receives a notification saying he used a buff even if it's actually another player using it. The bug has been reported.

Receiving loot after making a kill using a buff is not actually a bug.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    To clear this up (and I apologise for the delay), according to my investigation of this issue, the only bug here is that a player receives a notification saying he used a buff even if it's actually another player using it. The bug has been reported.
    Thanks for your investigations,
    Careful, this is "almost correct": The bug is within server synchronization and here is what is actually going on:

1)Player A uses Buff X.
    2) Player B uses Buff X.
    3)Game server registers that Player A used Buff X.
    4) Game server notifies Player A that *they* used Buff X!
    4a) Game server notifies Player A that *they killed some units
    -->Camp can no longer be targetted with Buff X.
    --> (Player B doesn't know about this)
    5) Game server notifies Player B that *they* used Buff X - even though this never happened!
    --> Game server notifies Player B that *they killed some units - even though this never happened!

6) Server synchronizes, camp shows up with some units down.

Consequence: Player B is left to firmly believe that *they* made the kills, when in fact, they didn't.

I think part of this can be fixed by introducing "adventure channels" so that players can significantly easier communicate who is doing what, when, how.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Ok, so now it's a year later, the concurrency problem happened again to me and as I hear, to many others as well.

Fixing it still is not a priority for developers.

And support is still using the same old SOP on this one.

@Ravel, why has nothing been done, not even in the sense of modifying the Support SOP?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well this could be easily fixed by adjusting lootspot etiquet. If you are invited into a lootspot, never mess up with the adventure. Especially never use buffs and especially never use buffs unless specifically asked to attack certain camp and make sure after that that you were the one doing the kill.

And if you still don't really care about if you get the loot or not and use some random buff kills without understanding what you are doing, seller keeps the money, and if you end up wiping a camp in front of the other lootspotter or ending up the whole adventure, you must pay the lootspot price he paid back to him (could be more than what you paid).

World
    Newfoundland
    +1 helsinki
    how hard is it for people to just ask the simple question of 'can i use a buff/which buff and where?'. It is already standard etiquette to make sure what camp to hit when sending a gen, why should it be any different with buffs.
    I hate it when people use a buff without checking first.

World
    Northisle
    BB could also add a simple battle report mail for the buffs showing what troops were killed. That way if you don't get a report you haven't made the kill.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by helsinki View Post
    Well this could be easily fixed by adjusting lootspot etiquet. If you are invited into a lootspot, never mess up with the adventure. Especially never use buffs and especially never use buffs unless specifically asked to attack certain camp and make sure after that that you were the one doing the kill.
    Please read what I said in September 2014: I think part of this can be fixed by introducing "adventure channels" so that players can significantly easier communicate who is doing what, when, how.

Anyway.
    What is more careless. Please choose a scenario and explain your answer.

a) Player dropping a RoA on a camp.
    THEN: Player reads the message "You have killed some units in an enemy camp."
    THEN: Player thinks "Ok, I got my kills"

b) Developer writing code to reject the event "RoA on camp if another RoA was already used on that camp"
    THEN: Developer passing the message "You have killed some units in an enemy camp." back to the player after triggering said code.
    THEN: The game informs the player of an event which never happened.
    THEN: Players inform BB that this problem occurs.
    THEN: BB does nothing for a full year.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 16.07.15 at 18:16.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    BB could also add a simple battle report mail for the buffs showing what troops were killed. That way if you don't get a report you haven't made the kill.
    Or, even simpler: When the server rejects the buff you used, THE GAME SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IT DIDNT WORK rather than tell you "yes yes it worked, everything is fine, your buff was consumed and some kills were made." How hard can it be to give a user correct feedback when the server rejected an action?

Profanity removed. Please do not swear on the forums, even if masked
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 16.07.15 at 18:14.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    This bug seems to have come to life again. Guildie used Rain of Arrows on Oil Lamp, Paid for the lootspot and was on premium. No loot. He has put a ticket into support.

Reply to Thread