Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: lost community

World
    Northisle
    thank you EthelRed1 for that post, so sad, whats going on. it wasnt right how bb make this. Unethical and irresponsible for bb. so many best and helpful players are gone. Game never be the same. here are players, whose english are not so good for all nuances and bb warnings should be clearer. why they say contact support and then dont answer and ban all quickly.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I cant say I like to see ppl banned but you were warned twice. I can only assume it would of cost a lot of real money to get out of the jam most were stuck in.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Update: After 30 days of silence (17 of which since the bans), I FINALLY received a response from Support. It may not have been a response to my letters per se, but its proof that there's someone at the support desk, so Yay!! Its something!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's only a game. Grow up you lot. It is only a second rate MMO. Get used to it. [ removed ]

Hello Cythraul,

Please do not use profanity on the forums.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 24.08.14 at 08:04.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, it is "Only a game" ...

A game on which people have spent a Lot of their money upon,
    as most of the above-mentioned banned players I'm sure have.

So,
    the way I see it:
    Consumers-Customers [that's what We are to BB] spending our Real Money
    get banned from their accounts (where they have spent Real Money, not to mention Time & Energy)
    because they used/took advantage of a mistake the game-providers had done!
    LOL

How rational is that???

They got some digital "advantage" (& Not over anyone else) because of BB's mistaken/incomplete designing in the game,
    & for this they cannot use their accounts on which they have invested their Real money! ...

To me this sounds unethical, to say the least, on BB's side...

'cause to function right, if I sell a product to consumers-customers which at some point comes out faulty, or incompletely done
    then How come do I accuse the users for using this fault??? ...
    No! That's Wrong!
    What I should do [as a good company, that is] is recognize my shortcoming, apologize for it,
    & make sure that the next time I present something to the public (to my clientele consumers etc),
    I do a better job!!

As for the rest issues that might be raised [as for example Legal issues could be]
    I am not sure how things go in the European countries on this,
    but I'm sure that things are on the consumer's side on the other side of the Atlantic.

Hoping to the reinstatement of the players!

Have a good one, all!!
    Last edited by A-Lia; 24.08.14 at 12:34.
    Taking responsibility of one's own shortcomings
    & Not blaming others for one's own mistakes
    is what Fair Play is!

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ests-No-Blocks

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...TS-Old-Friends

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ns-easy-Blocks

World
    Newfoundland
    game on which people have spent a Lot of their money upon,
    as most of the above-mentioned banned players I'm sure have.
    To my knowledge the players who received the ban were free players, i.e the didn't purchase gems. I could be wrong.

Ever considered that maybe by committing the act they did BB considers it a bit of a smack in the face of the gem buying public ? hence why they have acted the way they did.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    To my knowledge the players who received the ban were free players, i.e the didn't purchase gems. I could be wrong.

Ever considered that maybe by committing the act they did BB considers it a bit of a smack in the face of the gem buying public ? hence why they have acted the way they did.
    This is not right. I have "stolen" 4 storehouses and was banned. I have invested more in this game then the average player, I'm sure. I didn't pay the storehouses back because of lack of communication. There was no possibility to give our point of view to BB, we received nothing except their demands. Even after the ban they keep failing to give any significant information. I know of more paying players that have been banned... It's ridiculous!
    Sure we took advantage of a bug but we did not break any of the in-game rules or codes of conduct. Sure I hate to see my money get lost. It was a lot of money... But I also know I wil never pay a single Euro to a BB game ever again... And they invited me to join the closed beta for their new Settlers game... lol!!!

Sure, we were wrong but BB is just as wrong... we were banned and despite that we paid loads of money we dont even get a decent answer to our questions. This time it's us, next time it will be others... get used to the bullying.

On a different note... I do have to thank BB too. Banning me from the game made me expand my horizon and check other, more interesting and entertaining, games. In the end it were my friends and the joy of helping others that kept me going... the game itself lost all appeal...

safna
    so as I understand it if I leave my front door unlocked it's is ok to walk in and take whatever you like and it will be my fault absolute rubbish they took something that didn't belong to them that's stealing ban them all I say

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i assume this is too do with the improved silos...did BB actually follow through on there threat? if so i take my hat off to them as i actually didnt think they would and any one banned from it ..well got what they deserved as they had ample chance to fix it and if they couldnt ie no funds they had the chance to mail support over it.. if they sat there and went they can ban me i aint giving diddly back and deep down they hoped BB wouldnt follow through well lesson learned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    well you blatantly said you wasnt going to give them back so you reaped what you sowed

Quote Originally Posted by AndreKellner View Post
    This is not right. I have "stolen" 4 storehouses and was banned. I have invested more in this game then the average player, I'm sure. I didn't pay the storehouses back because of lack of communication. There was no possibility to give our point of view to BB, we received nothing except their demands. Even after the ban they keep failing to give any significant information. I know of more paying players that have been banned... It's ridiculous!
    Sure we took advantage of a bug but we did not break any of the in-game rules or codes of conduct. Sure I hate to see my money get lost. It was a lot of money... But I also know I wil never pay a single Euro to a BB game ever again... And they invited me to join the closed beta for their new Settlers game... lol!!!

Sure, we were wrong but BB is just as wrong... we were banned and despite that we paid loads of money we dont even get a decent answer to our questions. This time it's us, next time it will be others... get used to the bullying.

On a different note... I do have to thank BB too. Banning me from the game made me expand my horizon and check other, more interesting and entertaining, games. In the end it were my friends and the joy of helping others that kept me going... the game itself lost all appeal...

Reply to Thread