Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: lost community

World
    Newfoundland
    thank you EthelRed1 for expressing your views so eloquently. I agree fully, and would also like to see this 'ban' lifted. I know personally several ppl that tried to comply with BB and their vague threats, and tried to contact support for help and clarity. BB, by giving vague answers, ultimately denied them any recourse.

I will when asked for help still give it. However I will also discourage any new players from investing their hard earned RL dollars into this game. Too bad for BB. The only reason I am still playing is for the friends I made here. It certainly isn't because BB and their lopsided 'fair play'

Boo on BB.
    Lift the ban on the players.
    Perhaps you can still make it right with that small step. It doesn't hurt BB at all to lift the ban. It certainly didn't hurt them with the colossal blunder that the ISH is/was.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I fully support reinstating players who have had time out due to the improved storehouse fiasco - the fine details can be arranged between player and BB. Of course BB won't admit to anything and they can in the end do what they want to their ultimate detriment.

How about restoring the "balance" BB, that seem so important to you when you implied the storehouses should be returned.

World
    Newfoundland
    I can only concur with the statements concerning BBs unprofessional handling of the situation.

Power should never be used in a casual manner - and never in the arrogant way I consider BB to have done on this occation.
    THE EGOCENTRICS

People are self-centered / to a nauseous degree. / They will keep on about themselves / while I'm explaining me.
    Piet Hein

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The revised rules of a few weeks back make it a violation to discuss the specifics of support tickets, so I'll keep us both away from that, but if you want to take the time to look back at my public posts on the subject, you'll see that I had no problem with them asking for them back. I was more than willing to give back what I could, and was further willing to accept a ban if that's what they felt they needed to do. I will further assure you that I was making steps towards returning them, had returned some already and was ready to return more with the next maintenance, but was banned before that could happen.

My problem was the handling of the situation. In the 2 years that I played here, BB allowed 100% of exploits, including one from the same event calendar, but for this one they were aggressive and threatening and ultimately banned a lot of player accounts, regardless of whether that player was taking steps to return the ISH? That seems to me like they were more concerned about punishing people for BB's mistakes than actually fixing the situation. In the end, I kinda wish I'd refused to return any of them. At least then my friends would have gotten some benefit out of it all. Instead they're left with a company who they aren't sure they can trust, and lots of indicators in their Friends List that will never turn green again.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Do you people think anything which might be said here is going to have any effect on the situation ? Given BB's response on the matter the only possible answer to that question is no.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't know of anyone banned, assuming they can post to the forum still there certainly doesn't seem to be that many people as there's not much of a backlash?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    lost community?? everything seems to be going fine on the game, and i cant belive this is still going on, if people would have followed the intructions they wouldnt be banned. i can only presume people who tried there luck, thinking they would not be banned got there just rewards for being sly. i can only browse through the comments but fishslice seems to be the one with common sense.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry to see you paint such a pretty picture of these banned players Ethelred1.

I'm a nice guy, I've paid to play and I've done my bit for the community so wheres my half-a-dozen or more free ISH's?

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 20.08.14 at 19:34.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Killemall View Post
    Hopefully well rounded and forgiving people do not excessively take those actions to heart, and understand that it happens. They forgive, they hold out an olive branch and try to make it right. Avoiding and eliminating bad feeling, creating an atmosphere and environment that reinstates trust and co-operation.

Second that.
    They don't run around screaming "I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to collect a one-time-reward only once, I thought one-time means 'As often as you like' --- it's unfair that I have to pay it back and I won't because I have the right to keep the advantage I gained over those who used the one-time reward only once!"

Remember: Nobody got banned if they paid back exactly what they got.
    The only people who got banned were those who actually sold their Storehouses at dumping prices and couldn't afford to buy them back.
    But all of these people knew [ removed ] that they were taking advantage of others, because who would buy an item for tons of resources when you could obtain it in infinite quantity for free?

Yes. They took advantage of others and BB got back at them for doing it.
    And now they claim "We never hurt anyone".

They did hurt legitimate players by flooding the market and hide behind the blanket of "I only got advantage for myself".
    Yeah, but with whose coins/granite/beans?

Hello Sharpielein,

No profanity on the forum please.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 20.08.14 at 20:36.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by foofygirl View Post
    That seems to me like they were more concerned about punishing people for BB's mistakes than actually fixing the situation.
    I think they were more concerned with taking out (probably tens of) thousands ISH's that shouldn't be in the game in the first place, because these not only gave unnatural growth to some player's islands, but did hit BB where it hurts most - in the wallet.
    Each ISH is a few € worth of gems, and 10000 of them make a good month's salary for an entire development team to put into advancing the game itself.

Of course they want them out of the game at all costs. And how would they do that without punishing those who are *really* innocent (i.e. people who bought them in the Trade Office for legitimately obtained resources)?
    Only way is to pressure those who brought them into the game.

Reply to Thread