Reply to Thread

Thread: Player Votes on bug fixes/development/changes

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Player Votes on bug fixes/development/changes

The technology already exists for this, BB have the semi-regularly used voting for guild shop items, so for this suggestion the delivery mechanism already exists, it purely relies on the want from BB

So my suggestion in detail is as follows:
    Semi regularly, say once every two months, the mods get together and pick up what they feel are the items the community, on these very foruns, seem to think are most noteworth as bugs / suggestions etc.
    So maybe star stacking, guild quest issues, away from keyboard indicator etc
    They would select 2-3 items
    BB would also suggest 2-3 items, maybe changed combat system, a new adventure, more uses for beans, faster roll out of lvl 6 buildings, etc

Then BB would open the vote, in exactly the same way as they use for guild coin shop changes. After the open period they would have a lovely snapshot of what a good chunk of the player base feels is the most valuable from that list.
    Not from the vocal minority as inhabit these forums, but the non-vocal majority.
    They would then know which item, or maybe 2, would give the best positive back to the game, and hence make for happier players.
    All it takes is the will from BB to engage us players at that level...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    been tried before, was a massive disappointment. Anyone else remember the Agora?
    It has become quite clear recently that BB's structure has changed, and decisions are not being allowed at our own friendly support level, but are now being referred to and dictated by the developers, and herein lies the problem. These are the same people constantly breaking stuff that has worked for 3 years, seem unwilling or unable to respond to bug reports, seem unaware of the issues (the mantra seems to be "we thought that had been fixed"), and this is why the game really appears to feel 'uncared for'.
    Add that in to the now ridiculous test server environment, where BB_kaurkal openly stated on the forum that he's not bothered about bugs from Test going Live, as someone will fix these later, yet we all know that isn't happening, the left hand really doesn't know what the right is doing, no wonder we end up with disasters like the football event.
    Believe me, I have banged my head against this particular brick wall a lot, with the assistance of others, and even put in a lot of time and effort documenting and taking pictures of game behaviour to show how and where bugs strike. It really wasn't worth the effort, the Devs appear to be on another planet, and in complete denial.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    It has become quite clear recently that BB's structure has changed, and decisions are not being allowed at our own friendly support level, but are now being referred to and dictated by the developers, and herein lies the problem.
    I bet it's rather dictated by some over the head of the developers.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I bet it's rather dictated by some over the head of the developers.
    Whoever has responsibility for this current structure must realise that this is wrecking the game. New bugs are arriving in droves, and piling on top of previous ones that aren't being fixed.
    Our feedback seems to be in vain, and in one case even seems to be read as the opposite meaning which now looks like the accursed golems will be back as in 'opposite world', somebody thinks these too were 'popular'.
    Just on the adventure maps alone, I really think it is time to call upon the original developers to take a look at the changes that have been made, especially where maps have been reused because at the moment changes made to 1 copy are seriously impacting the other.
    Please stop changing things, and adding even more untested stuff until the basics are once again right.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Great idea, just one problem, there aren't any developers working on this game currently.

Reply to Thread