Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spam requests to join guild in game

EWiggin
    Most guild leaders don't want the bad rep that comes with unsolicited poaching from other guilds. The advice from Gracus seems pretty grown up: "speak to Guild leader and let them deal with their own.".

I'd only add, why not send a nice & simple mail to the inviter (Nice - because it may be a child / Simple - because English may not be the first language) and copy in their guild leader. You can explain why it is bad practice, how it breaks the rules and say that you will report them if you become aware of it again.

This just seems like a nice thing to do because the person inviting may not be aware of how others feel & they may not understand that aspect of the rules.

If you do see it again, report it and send a screenshot of the request and of having made the inviter and their guild leader aware. It's nice and quantifiable for support to deal with then.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    The main purpose of my post was to ensure that players are aware that this happens and is still happening. No one likes to officially report to players to BB. I am hoping the guilds and their recruiters will see the posts and understand it is a rule break.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I personally would not approach another player if I know they're in a guild....unless I know they're unhappy, in which case i'd whisper them first...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Chill out girlies, if you don't want the invite, press the cross...
    Reports for spam lmao little silly!
    I have over 15 invites in my mail..(I'm so wanted lol) but would never have contemplated reporting..
    We all know there are certain guilds that ruthless spam invites to anyone without a tag cough *edited* but hey life goes on... There is no auto confirm... Just press the cross dohhh.
    After the flood of new steam players turns into dribble again, I would imagine the huge spamming fest will reside again.. ofc just my opinion!
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 02.09.15 at 14:09. Reason: naming and shaming is not allowed for guilds either

World
    Newfoundland
    As Kit_ pointed out, the rules do list unwanted in-game messages with guild invites under spam.

If you believe a guild is abusing the invite function, please send a ticket to support about it as we can investigate and take steps if it is discovered they are spamming (in case of guilds, this happens when a lot of invites are sent in a row by the same person, without any previous conversation with the people they are approaching).

You can use the contact form on this page.

P.S. I edited some entries on this thread to avoid naming and shaming, as that's against the rules also.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Surely BB have the power to spot spamming then, nobody else.. Reporting still seems pathetic unless you received multiple invites from same 'person' not 'guild' Perhaps BB could add some simple code to stop this :/ Perhaps if declined an invite from 'guild X' all further invites are blocked, & if for any reason player changes their mind he can always apply to 'guild X' personally..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Goafer View Post
    Surely BB have the power to spot spamming then, nobody else.. Reporting still seems pathetic unless you received multiple invites from same 'person' not 'guild' Perhaps BB could add some simple code to stop this :/ Perhaps if declined an invite from 'guild X' all further invites are blocked, & if for any reason player changes their mind he can always apply to 'guild X' personally..
    Agree to disagree. Reporting, while it could be considered pathetic by some, is necessary when players are breaking the rules and bothering the rest of the Community.

Why add code and waste the time of the devs (for an issue that is not incredibly common) when you have a dedicated Community Team who is handling all reports? Especially if you consider that said code will take time to implement and the Community Team is available right now?

So please report. Your reports are anonymous (we will never tell the people who have been reported who brought the issue to our attention) and they help make for a more tranquil and overall happy Community.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I somewhat agree, however said code should take less than 5mins even for an amateur to implement.. Then as described no rules could be broken & problem solved.. Resulting in no complaining in forum more time for our lovely community team to focus on other issues & laugh in g1
    Being that it is BB rules/regulations it should be them to enforce & correct such actions. Simply put.. 'if there is a problem fix it', don't leave to the community to complain/discuss/argue the odds either way :/
    I clearly said I have no issue with this but if others feel the need to complain & report surely something should be changed perhaps?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    OMG why make a big prob of that !!!! just click the no button , and that is that OMG

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Annnnd i find myself amused that you sent an unsolicited invite to me norfik - presumably in response to this thread.

I can't imagine that you seriously meant to invite me, as i remember that you left [Angel] immediately after joining when you found out that I was a member.

Reply to Thread