Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spam requests to join guild in game

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Thumbs down Spam requests to join guild in game

Latest one today from edited (edited - who I don't know, and don't think I've ever spoken to).

Can something be done to stop this - I thought all guild recruitment was to be done only in the forum?

Best,

Nox
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 02.09.15 at 14:07. Reason: naming and shaming is not allowed for guilds either

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I know how annoying that can be. Maybe a solution would be that invites can only be sent to people in friends status. But then you'd have to deal with unwelcome friend invites, so I guess that wouldn't make it any better.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Heh - already get plenty of those unsolicited friend requests too. I don't mind those as much tho, as they are generally from newer players who don't know any better.

I'm a very happy, long-standing, member of my current guild Avenging Angels. It's fantastic and I wouldn't move to another guild for any reason.

Nox

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Doesn't just a click to discard message work?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by meggy View Post
    Doesn't just a click to discard message work?
    Yes, but its the principle of the thing. Guilds trying to poach other guilds members underhandedly. It causes ill feeling and mistrust.

Gracus
    Ive had them aswell and it wouldnt bother me so much from a failry new Guild, as half of the leaders really know nothing about TSO and decide to start a Guild. If its a long standing Guild like settlers Elite well then their officers should know better. Nothing much to do done about it tho, unless you speak to Guild leader and let them deal with their own.Alternatively as suggested just click delete and block:-)

World
    Northisle
    If it keeps happening, I believe it is considered spam and can be reported via a ticket to support- better to include a screenshot if possible, of course.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    bb should increase the level limit before you can join a guild.

at least this will give the player a chance to develop a bit..

with the current situation within minutes of joining - they get poached by guilds who have no interest in helping the player. the player gets disenfranchised and quits the game for good

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    These spam Guild Invites from Guilds to other Guild's members is increasing again and is actually worse.

One member has had 3 from different guilds this morning and another has recently received 2 invites from the same guild. I know our members are great and a 'must have' but they are also loyal and would never go to a guild that is really that desperate. We will start making formal complaints for spamming/harrassment.

World
    Newfoundland
    From the game rules:
    Spamming / Flooding / Scamming
    The creation of spam and/or flooding posts is not permitted and can result in a 24-hour ban and even exclusion from the service (game/chat room/forum). Unwanted in-game messages with guild invites are also considered spam.

If certain guilds are persistently sending out un-asked for guild invites, then yes, report them.

Reply to Thread