Reply to Thread

Thread: Second Barracks

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Cool Second Barracks

Is there going to be anyway that if we ask nicely for Christmas they will allow us faithful settlers to build a second barracks so we can kill more adventures whilst under premium.

how many people agree this should be an option

Shadowvzs87
    i agree but maybe turn off the exp boost on premium, so peoples don't be that fast lv50

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It amazes me that we have players who by their start dates have been around for quite some time and therefore should be accustomed to BB's speed of development, yet who turn round and make requests which they want done at the drop of a hat. It also surprises me that they ask for stuff which if the bothered doing a little bit of research they would see is due for roll out on the test server so soon that BB have been advertising the fact for weeks now.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Absolutely not.

If you want to adventure more in a shorter time do what BB intended you to do...... 1) Increase your population capacity and plan better. 2) Try putting your Nobles to L5 or 3) trading them in for the bigger capacity Frozen Manors, 4) Use barracks buffs to increase the speed of troop production, 5) Buy the premium buildings such as Friaries to reduce the need for other less productive buildings and invest in more gem based Nobles or other population type buildings etc.

If you think you have enough population already then you don't need an extra barracks.

Before making stupid suggestions people really should ask themselves the following.....
    Why should BB make everything easy for the players to not invest in high level buildings or gem buildings?
    How do you think they make money?
    Will their 'great idea' increase or reduce BB's potential income?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    It amazes me that we have players who by their start dates have been around for quite some time and therefore should be accustomed to BB's speed of development, yet who turn round and make requests which they want done at the drop of a hat. It also surprises me that they ask for stuff which if the bothered doing a little bit of research they would see is due for roll out on the test server so soon that BB have been advertising the fact for weeks now.
    But if it comes from the Bug creation server, you just know it won't work.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    But if it comes from the Bug creation server, you just know it won't work.
    They asked for a 2nd Barracks, did not specify that it be bug free
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Fishslice gives some good points, however the fact I think still remains:

If you kill off your troops faster than you can produce them with a 24h 4x buff, then I can understand for better/faster barracks.

Or.... stop killing them so fast :P

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Seems like I have the problem that on weekends, I can't produce troops as fast as they become cannon fodder.
    I can't Mr. Myers 24/7 because I have an unfortunate habit called "sleeping" and a distraction called "Real Life" preventing me from re-buffing every hour, so I am stuck with Sgt. Skunk, and he just can't keep up with 5000 troops dying within 4 hours.

Yeah, I can plan ahead, but my reserves are out after 3 adventures.

So yes, I'd need additional barracks. But actually, I would prefer a simple fix where Barracks lets me produce as many units per stack as I choose... producing 15000 recruits/bowmen in stacks of 25 is - ugh.

Reply to Thread