Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: more mma generals pls :)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Not just DB Doro, ML, Traitors immediately spring to mind.

World
    Newfoundland
    Same was said about veterans when it was speculated if you would be allowed buy more from each easter event.
    Yes that is why at the second easter event BB didn't let you get another Vet, if you had purchased 1 the pervious year…..and the introduction of another Vet has meant an increase in the volume of adventures players can get though.

After MG, MMA added to the the game it has still not happened
    And the reason ? BB introduced the Taylor adventures which required more troops, greater loses and gave different loot. The major was introduced because camps were designed to need him.

The MMA works VERY differently to compared to both the Major and the Vet, yes there are camps that an MMA can't kill but think how much can it saves per adventure. This impact of a 3rd MMA would have a more adverse effect on the games eco system compared to another Vet or even a Major.
    The only solution would be to introduce more adventures with different loot (not beans) and heavy loses.

Only adventure I know of where you can really go to town with multiple MMA attacks is DB. I find myself wondering is the OP hoping for more MMA's so that DB can be spammed in a similar way to how it was spammed when it could be completed with just 3 players using WPP's.
    ???

The MMA is a benefit on any adventure where the volume of troops loses can be reduced. As Nog said ML, Traitors, BN, RTTBN, TR, IOTP and the biggest one IMO is BK. Can do that now in 40 minutes (at a push) including travel time that is with 2 MMA and a couple of vets….add another MMA i save about 100-150 R out of the 925 loss.

That's 1 extra Bk ever 5 compared to the old states.

I have even mentioned the "Daisy Chaining" of adventures and how having an extra one would then benefit it…..i say benefit but to the game its no benefit.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 01.09.14 at 04:56.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I suppose if you were going for gold in the stockpiling of high end weapons it might be vaguely useful in the short term, but seems pretty pointless in the long term.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Not everyone got an MMA during the event. I didn't. I only have the one that I bought from the shop and would really appreciate having a second.

What they should really do is limit the TOTAL number you are allowed to have.
    ie get it as a reward during the event if you are able, but if you cant then you can buy it for gems. Everyone would win under this model.

Two is a good amount. One to do raiding with, and the other to be used in loot spots as it was intended.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would not buy any more MMAs before the combat "rebalance" patch will be released. I fear MMAs will be nerfed useless.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Pannenkoek View Post
    I would not buy any more MMAs before the combat "rebalance" patch will be released. I fear MMAs will be nerfed useless.
    An explanation of your reasoning would be appreciated ... only one MMA can be bought in the shop.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
    Two is a good amount. One to do raiding with, and the other to be used in loot spots as it was intended.
    Nothing concerning lootspots was intended by BB in any way, shape or form. As for using the MMA for them, unless you're you're swapping sacrifice attacks with another player, then the MMA is largely wasted on a lootspot. There are so many adventures where using 2 MMAs can lead to optimal gameplay: BK, DB, ML, BN, VtV, IotP off the top of my head... and that's without even mentioning FTs, where more would be useful but, as has already been mentioned, could lead to them becoming ridiculously easy... at least until the code monkeys throw a spanner in the works.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottlecap View Post
    An explanation of your reasoning would be appreciated ... only one MMA can be bought in the shop.
    The patch notes mentioned "re-balancing" of generals, which very likely refer to MMA too (if not only to it). And yes, you can buy only one but it's worth ~30 euros.

Reply to Thread