Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    From what I've seen the Devs posting on this subject both here and on the test forums I can only conclude that the Devs have failed to see how such a fundamental change as this will have an effect in other aspects of the game. As has been pointed out it has a knock on effect on the island economy. The way they have said that they are removing weapons and will look at what can be put in place to replace those lost loot slots suggest they have had the Bright idea of re-doing the combat system without even bothering to see what we will need to feed it. For all troop types below XB's we at least have a capacity to manufacture what we need from our islands resources, for XB's and above what sort of production layout we build be it level 1 buildings or masses of level 5 buildings is not worth considering since currently both adventures and explorers do not provide the raw resources needed to build army's in a timely fashion.

Another aspect they have failed to consider is how quests are affected. Sure some quests will just require a different build ratio to complete now but others are rendered pointless, for example why would a level 50 player now do a quest of which part of it is to have a production of 3600 bronze swords per 12 hours.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 05.09.14 at 23:07. Reason: should have read 3600 bronzeswords not 36 bronze swords
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Solution to endless copper mine problem - make militia etc and UPGRADE from recruits, so the high level troops still cost copper to make, but then a smaller amount of iron/steel etc.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Solution to endless copper mine problem - make militia etc and UPGRADE from recruits, so the high level troops still cost copper to make, but then a smaller amount of iron/steel etc.
    Yep.
    Although i favor, leaving behind forever, "old technology", there is a problem here, if cooper-mines, or MMA, are now of no value. Maybe an optional refund?
    Maybe units are upgradeable (i like that more).
    Who knows.
    But something must be done to protect real money customers.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    An excellent suggestion!
    Surviving recruits gain experience in battle and get a field promotion to become militia. Surviving militia become soldiers. Surviving soldiers become elite or cavalry.
    The same for bows, longbows, xbows and eventually canons.
    And every promotion would still require one new weapon, so we would still need to make them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    We already has such upgrade.. Produce Scaffold Rods in PH..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    No, the idea was to upgrade recruits to militia, militia to soldiers and so on.
    Not to turn bronze swords into iron swords.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    It's a nice idea, but I seem to recall the main reason stated for no queue in the bookbinder was due to an issue with manuscripts being required to make tomes and tomes required to make codices. Can't find the relevant post on the forums but, if I am correct in my recollection, surely that issue would also cause problems for this idea.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    No, the idea was to upgrade recruits to militia, militia to soldiers and so on.
    Not to turn bronze swords into iron swords.
    Totally useless to add a new sollution when there's already one. This game is already too messed up to add even more features not needed.

Also, you can make tools (instead of bs) to use on upgrading iron mines..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    From what I've seen the Devs posting on this subject both here and on the test forums I can only conclude that the Devs have failed to see how such a fundamental change as this will have an effect in other aspects of the game. As has been pointed out it has a knock on effect on the island economy. The way they have said that they are removing weapons and will look at what can be put in place to replace those lost loot slots suggest they have had the Bright idea of re-doing the combat system without even bothering to see what we will need to feed it. For all troop types below XB's we at least have a capacity to manufacture what we need from our islands resources, for XB's and above what sort of production layout we build be it level 1 buildings or masses of level 5 buildings is not worth considering since currently both adventures and explorers do not provide the raw resources needed to build army's in a timely fashion.

Another aspect they have failed to consider is how quests are affected. Sure some quests will just require a different build ratio to complete now but others are rendered pointless, for example why would a level 50 player now do a quest of which part of it is to have a production of 36 bronze swords per 12 hours.
    Yup. I already posted earlier my opinion and possible solution. But way to go Dorotheus Im now of the opinion that single sentences may get through to to BB rather than the full-on wall of texts and explainations/reasoning (cos they never read/listen to that)

So my next posts will be in one sentence posts
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 05.09.14 at 16:19. Reason: spelling

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I would also like to know why did they introduce the MMA when they knew full well by their own admittance that this change was coming.
    I also want to know by what twisted logic do they think the MMA is still worth 2k gems more than a vet.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread