Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I did a BK on test and if this is the future I very much doubt many people will stay around to see it

World
    Newfoundland
    Have I missed a trick here, surely the incentive for adventures is the chance to earn more resources than what you needed to put in to do the bloomin' thing, no? So its not hard to gauge the mimimum requirements (because that's exactly what most people are going to do) necessary to do a specific adventure and tweak from there. Stunts like this are causing more annoyance on the forums and lends further credence to the doubters that some devs have no idea how this game actually works.

I don't like being negative for the sake of it but its hard to understand the logic of what some people are trying to achieve here.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Totally agree JSHB, and having bought a year's premium in good faith, this will make it worthless.
    What an Unholy Trinity of bad ideas, making 3 years of building up an island economy using all available space defunct overnight. 1: Stuffing up the combat system so buildings will have to be torn down to rebuild to the 'new order of things', what a waste of resources.
    2: Nerfing the loot from existing adventures, not only will it entail rebuilding the weapons economy, redoing all the adventure guides, but pretty much makes them pointless to do.
    and of course 3: The dumbest yet, PvP. Except it won't be PvP as any sane person would imagine, just players setting garrisons for other players to send troops at. No interaction, no strategy, just another 'numbers game' of how many XBs do you need to defeat so many Elite Soldiers. Will please neither side of the argument, the traditional Settlers players who play this because it is a Settlers type game, no PvP, who seem to be in the majority, nor the minority who seem to believe that this will suddenly turn into Call of Doody. They'll be bored of it in minutes. And because of the limitations of the game engine, the knock on effects have already been seen, as towers no longer intercept on advs since BB started on this path of destruction, and other stuff like LZs also messed up, and it seems some of the battle timings also have gone haywire.

None of these 3 'ideas' should come within a million miles of the Live servers, I would suggest that if BB are going to persist with this obsession, to put it on its own PvP servers, except that's already been tried, it failed. At least that didn't take down the game we know and love, happily it died alone somewhere behind the great firewall of China.
    Please do not let this mess ever get loose from the Test environment, even better kill it off now and do something constructive, like well thought out new adventures that aren't the 1 route "attack camp A, walk to camp B" dirges that seem to have been the norm since the EotW map, and of course, there's always the 3 year backlog of bug reports to be looked at. Much better use of time.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    ^^ what he said

for the love of this game give it up..

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst I am critical of the changes I don't think you should get back in resources what you put into the adventure........

Take BK as an example - If I got back 100% of the required resources then I could just do BK all day long and sell the other 2 Loot Spots and very quickly earn myself a pile of coins and resources. Its a 3 player adv for a reason...... and (in my opinion) seeing a return of most of the resources over 3 adventures seems about right as it then also incentivises people to create a balanced economy and trade as well as adv for profit.

After all the true reward below L50 is the XP to advance in the game and at L50 the star coins to enable you to buy extra 'special' stuff. Its a shame the star coins are not that useful and no doubt the same will be said of valour points from the pathetic excuse for PvP in due course.

Oh well, haven't adventured in over a week and haven't logged on every day for over a week now either so no doubt I shall drift off at some point. I shall miss many aspects of the game but I wont miss BB taking me for a fool.....

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Stoppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppp bbbbbbbb please...dont put this devvvvvvvv

World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst I am critical of the changes I don't think you should get back in resources what you put into the adventure........

Take BK as an example - If I got back 100% of the required resources then I could just do BK all day long and sell the other 2 Loot Spots and very quickly earn myself a pile of coins and resources. Its a 3 player adv for a reason...... and (in my opinion) seeing a return of most of the resources over 3 adventures seems about right as it then also incentivises people to create a balanced economy and trade as well as adv for profit.
    Many people who play this game are nowhere close to even doing Black Knights. I agree that a 3-player adventure should be challenging for one person, absolutely. I'll choose an example, Island of the Pirates. That's a resource based adventure that's low on experience and good on resources. So why are the resources cut there too? I don't have access to much granite, adventures and explorers (I can't trade for it and I don't think the granite pit is good value) are the only decent routes. Many more people like me now have to salvage granite for upgrading and for building advanced buildings which will require vast sums of granite and exotic planks to create.

The point i'm making if they wanted people to build advanced buildings by culling weapon loot, that's understandable. But they reduced granite/exotic loots too! How is that even fair? All BB have done is added more rungs to the ladder with no incentive to climb up it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Are you suggesting that these changes will make a fun game boring? Surely not, why people would leave in droves.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    last report from test

short bk loot

bk ls from a long bk

As you can see there is no difference in the loot because of losses, just overall the loot has been changed to reflect it's adventure you can still do losing only recruits.

World
    Newfoundland
    I am very much looking forward to the change, Tuesday cant get here quick enough. Good job I have Tuesday off of work

Reply to Thread