Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

World
    Sandycove
    **** since changes introduced *****

Changes in loot - take away weapons yes, you told us that. But why alter those adventure loots that didnt pay weapons. i.e TR?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    this is topic for 4 inative and changes for all adventures [OUTDATED] Combat Rebalancing

it is canceled
    This is however, the thread BB_Ravel has chosen for feedback on the changes to normal adventure combat/loot etc. since the implementation of the new Colony/pvp system.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post

Changes in loot - take away weapons yes, you told us that. But why alter those adventure loots that didnt pay weapons. i.e TR?
    My understanding was that the reworking of loot was to take into account troops lost and would also take into account how much XP/Star coins were awarded for the adventure. This last would be to keep the adventures that were meant to be done more for XP to level up or Resource Adventures. TR is was to fruitful for troop loss.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    First comment on the new loot....

All the loot looks the same !!!

In the old system there were a few adventures that were atractive to do because they had unusual items in the loot eg Gold Bars from Old Friends & Motherly Love, Buffs from the FT Adv's & some of the mini adventures. Whilst I wouldn't want the buffs to return to the FT's (prefer the better loot we get now) it would be nice to have some variety in the loot.

NB its too early to see what decorations/buildings are dropping from the loot, but most of the loot I've seen is lacking in this area. Good move on the Witch tower drop in RB...many thanks.

World
    Sandycove

over the moon that loots can now go straight into store - ty

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Second comment on the new loot....

OK I understand why the weapons were removed, but why change the overall value of the loot?

Comparison of old loot value to new loot value
    If one calculates the total cost to produce the troops and compares it to the total cost of the loot one should expect to make a profit from adventuring. OK Experience is not accounted for in the comparison, but at least under the old loot system most of the adventures made a profit.

I have picked 3 random adventures and calculated the value of the loot (based on Newfoundland trade sheet before the changes). Note for the new loot value where there is a random chance of a particular loot item dropping ( ie ex logs or granite) I have taken the chance to be equal (this may not be the case...only time will tell).

The Island of Pirates (Resource Adventure..good profit expected)
    Old loot Value 2,054 gold coins
    New loot value 1,664 gold coins
    about 80% of what it was

Black Knights
    Old loot Value 2,031 gold coins
    New loot value 2,258 gold coins
    about 10% higher

Tomb Raiders
    Old loot Value 1,897 gold coins
    New loot value 848 gold coins
    about 45% of what it was

Note: In The Island of Pirates & Black Knights I expect the new loot value to be reduced once the drop rates are discovered...as the granite makes up a large part of the loot value and the chance of getting the higher quantity of granite dropped is expected to be lower than the chance of the smaller quantity of granite.

'and the loot will be adjusted to the losses of the particular adventure'
    Each player plays the game differently and each level group has different troops available so the cost of undertaking an adventure would be different for each player. Thus I can only base the cost of making the troops to complete an adventure based on my level (level 50), the troops & generals I have available (all types) and the method of undertaking the adventure (most efficient route using as many blocks as possible) .

Experienced level 50 player
    The Island of Pirates cost of troops 216 gold coins
    Black Knights cost of troops 1,445 gold coins
    Tomb Raiders cost of troops 554 gold coins

As you can see a level 50 player would be quite happy with the value of the loot compared to the cost of the troops. But what about the lower levels...how much does it cost to make their troops???

Lower level player
    The Island of Pirates cost of troops 786 gold coins (Normal gen, no blocks - losses taken from Killste guide)
    Black Knights cost of troops 2,856 gold coins (1 BHG, Normal gens, Longbows and blocks - losses taken from Killste guide)
    Tomb Raiders cost of troops 1,043 gold coins (Normal gen, Elites, no blocks - losses taken from The Settlers online Wiki guide)

Note: Trade office prices for items required to make weapons have now risen tremendiously so the cost to make the troops is probably 2 to 3 times the above values.

From what I've seen of the loot drops there is no difference in the loot received if a player suffers higher losses...I suspect it may just be based on the xp gained from an adventure.

Conclusion
    The value of the loot drops has gone down.
    The loot dropped is NOT based on the losses.

Solution
    Increase the loot drops by about 20% and check the new loot value compared to the old drops to keep them inline.
    Calculate the droped loot on the actual losses incurred by each player, especially with regards to loot spots where players only loose 1R or 1C.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    First comment on Combat rebalancing.

Since the loss of my favorite combat sim I have been trying to understand the mechanics of the combat in an attempt to be able to accurately predict the outcome of a battle with min & max losses on both sides. This is still ongoing, but I'm starting to understand the role of the unit skills.

My main problem, before the changes was the lack of (in game displayed) information about the skills for each particular type of unit. Some of the skill were displayed when you mouse over a unit, but others only became apparent during combat.

I have just been looking at my troops in the barracks and noticed that most of the skills have been altered...at least in name.

Recruits, Militia, Soldier & Elite now have 'Defender' skill..' Defender units get attacked first'. Can't we just still call them Melee Troops?, but I guess this just means they aren't 'weak'

Bowmen, Longbowmen & Crossbowmen now have no skills.....But aren't they 'weak'?

Cavalry now have 'Assassination' skill....It used to be Trample, but it still just means 'attack weakest'. Enemy units, with this skill, just have 'attack weakest' listed as a skill.

The tower bonus has dissapeared from units...guess this was never used..not sure if player 'ranged units' still have it or not?

The Attack damage only gives the maximum damage, not the miss damage, yet most of the enemy units give the min/max attack damage.

OK I'm probably rambling a bit, but my point is...how are we supposed to understand the combat if we aren't given the correct information in a consistant way. Are the changes to the way skills are displayed supposed to make it easier for us?

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugglesx View Post
    All the loot looks the same !!!
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

Whilst I have had lag issues that have prevented me from adventuring myself... I have seen plenty of screenshots, particularly from players on the French servers in the past few days, to come to the exact same conclusion.

Before I could tailor the kind of loot I was likely to get according to my needs by picking which adventure to do. If I needed buffs I would go for FTs, RtR or Bucc Roundup. If I needed iron or gold refills I would go for TR. If I needed books I would go for (R)BN. If I needed gold bars I would go for ML or OF... etc.

Now, I look at the screenshots of loot and I see them full of copper ore and coal I don't need because I have build up an economy on my island that supplies my high end buildings with little or no buffs required to do so. A balance, I might add, that has been royally tipped on its head by the so-called Production Week 'bonus'.

Now, as an experienced player with a storage capacity of almost 1.5 million, who keeps an eye on the forums, I find myself well prepared for the chaos that the halving of certain production times has wreaked with my supply chains, but I can only imagine how less established and/or informed players have fared as a result of this nonsensical move.

Blue Byte has been quick to play the 'not many players pay attention to the forums' card when it suited them to ignore negative feedback. Seems somewhat hypocritical to me, then, that they choose those same forums as the only means to forewarn the player base of this major temporary change to the economy of everybody's island.

I wish I could say I was shocked by this type of communication breakdown. I am dismayed to say, however, that I am not.... not even a little bit.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 26.11.14 at 02:20.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    So... here we say our feedback for the new loots? OK, I have only 1 question

I am only level 45, no cannons, few ellit, no mma and major gens. Today I have daily the Lost Scull adventure

Gimmie a reason to play it with the new loots. Just 1 reason. And I may do it.

I would take let's say 800 pine wood, from wich I can produce 100 bows, and from that bows I can create 10 bowmen?

And I would take uhm? 500 bronze and 200 coal, that I can produce 100 swords, and then create 10 rercuits?

Oh my! Sorry to say this, but no reason at all to do it, since I don't have expensive gens, 1 year premium and cannons.

So BB BB from me too! Bye Bye - Blye Byte!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    So the result of so called "Re-balancing" is totally unbalanced result. At the moment the lost of so called "resource" adventures is so high that it is better the name to be changed to "Resource losing adventures". In fact I do not see any reason to play "resource losing adventures" anymore. As result of all of this the game became more slow and more hard - in short - it became boring!!!

Reply to Thread